fh64_lucky is offline Find More Posts by fh64_lucky
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:24 PM
Joined Mar 2009
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fh64_lucky View Post
very nice, but I still want to be able to see throught the canopy. Thanks for the help.
YF-22 117 is offline Find More Posts by YF-22 117
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:59 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2011
93 Posts
Putting the Habu together. Just installed one of the wing spars in place. The instructions said to mix up 15ml of epoxy, which I did. But there was no way 15ml was going to fit. I am not sure how much I got into the pocket with the spar. Probably couple of ml would be my guess. Anyway I has a bunch left over. Did any of you get all 15ml in the pocket with the spar? I am thinking of only mixing about 4ml the next time when I do the other spar. One thing I don't like is waist and I waited a lot of epoxy.
Tealc is offline Find More Posts by Tealc
Old Feb 15, 2013, 01:02 PM
Proud RC Addict
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined Nov 2009
1,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealc View Post
Putting the Habu together. Just installed one of the wing spars in place. The instructions said to mix up 15ml of epoxy, which I did. But there was no way 15ml was going to fit. I am not sure how much I got into the pocket with the spar. Probably couple of ml would be my guess. Anyway I has a bunch left over. Did any of you get all 15ml in the pocket with the spar? I am thinking of only mixing about 4ml the next time when I do the other spar. One thing I don't like is waist and I waited a lot of epoxy.
The instructions also point out that a ton will squeeze out don't they? You're right it won't all fit in there.
dennisjm is online now Find More Posts by dennisjm
Old Feb 15, 2013, 01:44 PM
United Kingdom, England, Oldham
Joined Feb 2013
53 Posts
heres my habu darkened canopy . running on 6s lipo for now !.
tamjet retracts to handle the grass strips of the uk

Name: My Habu.jpg
Views: 88
Size: 100.4 KB
Description:
Angrykid23 is offline Find More Posts by Angrykid23
Old Feb 15, 2013, 05:42 PM
United States, MO, Warrensburg
Joined Feb 2008
2,251 Posts
Looks nice!
Jetnfast is offline Find More Posts by Jetnfast
Old Feb 16, 2013, 06:42 AM
Houston. .we have a problem.
Sutton Coldfield, UK
Joined Aug 2008
725 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by YF-22 117 View Post
very nice, but I still want to be able to see throught the canopy. Thanks for the help.
Did you find any translucent gold in a "ready to spray" can?

If you have an airbrush, it shouldn't be too difficult, as most metallics are actually translucent. It's the density of the particles that gives the appearance that they aren't. If you thin the paint, you should get to your required level of translucency. The problem is going to be the thin paint will have a tendancy to run. . .
FOX ONE! is online now Find More Posts by FOX ONE!
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:41 PM
lawndart aerobatic ace!
Joplin, Misery
Joined Mar 2007
407 Posts
Any of the pactra metallics or candy paints will go on translucent. Just build them up in very thin layers, the first couple of coats spraying so light it almost doesn't look like your adding any color at all and you'll be fine.
gr8taz nitro is offline Find More Posts by gr8taz nitro
Old Feb 16, 2013, 01:10 PM
United Kingdom, England, Oldham
Joined Feb 2013
53 Posts
Well weather holding in UK so gonna try and get out tomorrow morning all batts charged
Will try and get some pictures done if anyone else turns up to take them for me LOL
Angrykid23 is offline Find More Posts by Angrykid23
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:00 PM
Houston. .we have a problem.
Sutton Coldfield, UK
Joined Aug 2008
725 Posts
There's an article on gold tinting canopies here: http://beyondthesprues.com/Forum/index.php?topic=1710.0
and here:http://cs.finescale.com/fsm/modeling...2/t/33293.aspx
FOX ONE! is online now Find More Posts by FOX ONE!
Last edited by FOX ONE!; Feb 16, 2013 at 04:12 PM.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 04:30 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2011
70 Posts
Hello all
Does anyone feel the need to reinforce the intake ducting when using higher power setups. Iam using a 10s setup with mach alloy 80mm 1680kv motor.
pollster is offline Find More Posts by pollster
Old Feb 18, 2013, 04:39 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollster View Post
Hello all
Does anyone feel the need to reinforce the intake ducting when using higher power setups. Iam using a 10s setup with mach alloy 80mm 1680kv motor.
Hi pollster,

Not at all. This jet is constucted rather robustly, and requires no airframe or ducting mods with that setup flying it at 161mph. (10s)
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
Old Feb 18, 2013, 05:25 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2011
70 Posts
LooksDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux RC View Post
Hi pollster,

Not at all. This jet is constucted rather robustly, and requires no airframe or ducting mods with that setup flying it at 161mph. (10s)
Thankyou for the info efflux rc.
By the way I really like the mach alloy fan unit, well made. Looks good, balanced, plenty of thrust, and sounds awesome! Happy days.
pollster is offline Find More Posts by pollster
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:57 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2011
93 Posts
Just need to vent. Ok, so I just finished the wing spars and moved on to the tail servo. I decided to do a detailed inspection of the fuselage. I was not impressed with the quality when I first pulled it out of the packaging. Numerous small little dents that I would not have expected it to be there. My Marvel Craft Agusta fuse is much better quality. Probably because it cost a couple hundred more and is much larger but I thought that it would be better than this. Blemish in red paint above the wing. Looks like a paint clot, hair, or fiberglass fiber about 1cm in the length. As I was looking at the small dents, blemishes in the nose, I discovered a crack in the fuselage about 2" in length. I have contacted Horizon Hobby but since I don't have the receipt for proof of purchase and purchase date I am not expecting much. I am angry that I did not inspect the plane when I got it. I have had it in the box for the last 6-8 months while gathering bits and trying to get funds for Tam struts and fan upgrades. I should have inspected it months ago. My bad. Live and learn. Needless to say, I should never have open the box and found a fuselage with this many problems. Don't get me started with all the flaws in both wings. I know not a BVM but come on. I have put foamies together that look better than this. Thanks for reading. Todd
Tealc is offline Find More Posts by Tealc
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:45 AM
"Fly Low, Fly Fast, Turn Left"
United States, CA, Red Bluff
Joined Jul 2009
515 Posts
There is no reason you should be having those issues. That really sucks man

Mine looked great out of the box for the most part. The wings are a little loose like a bunch of others but otherwise turned out great!

Hope HH takes care of you
SmokeDogg is offline Find More Posts by SmokeDogg
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: H9 P-47d .60 Flight Log