to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:57 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
4,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap View Post
It would take him a year to read the whole thread
Just use the search option to the right>>>> type in the material your specifically looking for and Viola!! The 10,000 posts that are located in this Blog should be used as a dictionary of accessable knowledge...not as a book that takes forever to read. Thats the way I use it anyway...the more posts there are to a thread the easier it is to find what I'm looking for.
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:53 AM
Dublin Ireland
Joined Aug 2005
868 Posts
Hey Zac
are you talking about the "SEARCH THIS THREAD BUTTON"
I have tried to use this but get no specific answer. could you post an example say for TAMS retract repair kit. I know I saw it But will the search find it?
Thanks
Steve.
STEVEAIR2 is offline Find More Posts by STEVEAIR2
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:24 AM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
2,030 Posts
Hi Steve, the search this thread function is indeed the way to go. It works just like searching on a search engine (i.e. Google). I tried searching for tams retract repair in this thread, and got 11 hits to various posts (note: to see the whole post, make sure you click on the italicized hyperlink in the search results, not the bold title). The only downside of the search function here is that you can't copy and paste a link to your search results (for example, of you wanted to share what you'd found with others).
Hope that helps,
Josh
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:13 AM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
4,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVEAIR2 View Post
Hey Zac
are you talking about the "SEARCH THIS THREAD BUTTON"
I have tried to use this but get no specific answer. could you post an example say for TAMS retract repair kit. I know I saw it But will the search find it?
Thanks
Steve.
Yeah...I'm getting hits on that item aswell Steve...Don't really know what your doing wrong but Mr. Alexander, in the thread below, explained it well...let us know if you still need help Steve and will try to guide you through it !!
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:47 AM
Another one on the way...
Plano, Texas
Joined Feb 2009
2,461 Posts
Just beware, there are TWO "search" links on this page. The top one is a "generic" search that will search throughout ALL of RC Groups... The second one is the "Search this thread" link that will only search within THIS thread. BTW--I do have the Tam Jets retract repair kit. What do you want to know?
ysolomon is offline Find More Posts by ysolomon
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:24 AM
Dublin Ireland
Joined Aug 2005
868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysolomon View Post
Just beware, there are TWO "search" links on this page. The top one is a "generic" search that will search throughout ALL of RC Groups... The second one is the "Search this thread" link that will only search within THIS thread. BTW--I do have the Tam Jets retract repair kit. What do you want to know?
Hi Guys
Thanks for rthe replies.
I was just using this as an example but snce you asked!!! I wrote off My first Bu and did some damage to the retracts.I bent the pins and springs so I was wonder what you get in the repair kit ?
By the way I have gone stock on the new one to keep it light and see if it will take off grass.Then I intend to add my 80mm Stumax and then Tams struts again once I get a feel for it.
Thanks
Steve.
STEVEAIR2 is offline Find More Posts by STEVEAIR2
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:51 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2011
97 Posts
I have decided to go ahead and keep the Habu. I will look into selling my AR-15 (while I can with all the Demos wanting to ban sales) to fund my other project. So, I am wondering should I use Hysol 9462 or 30min epoxy on the control horns? I have never used Hysol, so I have no experience with it. I don't have any on hand but need to get some for my other project. Just wondering what you guys think. I know this is probably a loaded question as opions are as many as there are trees in the forest. I am just looking for some advice. Thanks, Todd
Tealc is offline Find More Posts by Tealc
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:17 PM
Proud RC Addict
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined Nov 2009
1,565 Posts
You don't need Hysol for your control horns.
dennisjm is offline Find More Posts by dennisjm
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:15 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
4,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulicheng View Post
You don't need Hysol for your control horns.
I dis-agree....Hysol is the best adhesive you can apply to your EDF Jet...Many novice builders do not use this product either because they are unaware of the application procedure, the dry time and/or the price. Once you have used Hysol with the proper applicator and learn how properly build with this adhesive...You will soon realize why the best RC Jets in the world are constructed with it. Hysol gets my vote. Dont take my word for it...ask the proffessionals that has built hundreds of Jets like Tam - (Tamjets), Gary - (Efflux RC) , Bob Violett - (BVM) and ask what they use on thier multi-dollar jets...Hysol!!
Last edited by ZACATTACK; Jan 28, 2013 at 07:26 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:21 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,850 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACATTACK View Post
I dis-agree....Hysol is the best adhesive you can apply to your EDF Jet...Many novice builders do not use this product either because they are unaware of the application procedure, the dry time and/or the price. Once you have used Hysol with the proper applicator and learn how properly build with this adhesive...You will soon realize why the best RC Jets in the world are constructed with it. Hysol gets my vote. Dont take my word for it...ask guys proffessionals that has built hundreds of Jets like Tam - (Tamjets), Gary - (Efflux RC) , Bob Violett - (BVM) and ask what they use on thier multi-dollar jets...Hysol!!
yep!
jcdfrd is online now Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:58 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2011
97 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACATTACK View Post
I dis-agree....Hysol is the best adhesive you can apply to your EDF Jet...Many novice builders do not use this product either because they are unaware of the application procedure, the dry time and/or the price. Once you have used Hysol with the proper applicator and learn how properly build with this adhesive...You will soon realize why the best RC Jets in the world are constructed with it. Hysol gets my vote. Dont take my word for it...ask the proffessionals that has built hundreds of Jets like Tam - (Tamjets), Gary - (Efflux RC) , Bob Violett - (BVM) and ask what they use on thier multi-dollar jets...Hysol!!
Thanks, that was my thought. I will get it ordered so I can get this build moving forword. Besides it is the adhesive I will need for my other project.

Another question: Should I just order the dispensing gun now (if funds allow) or will the hand plunger do just fine?
Tealc is offline Find More Posts by Tealc
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:02 PM
Proud RC Addict
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined Nov 2009
1,565 Posts
I'm using Hysol all over the YA F-18 I'm building. Indeed, great stuff. It's overkill for putting control horns into balsa surfaces though. It's a very expensive glue to be mixing up and using in places where a normal epoxy would do just fine.
dennisjm is offline Find More Posts by dennisjm
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:23 PM
United States, MO, Warrensburg
Joined Feb 2008
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulicheng View Post
I'm using Hysol all over the YA F-18 I'm building. Indeed, great stuff. It's overkill for putting control horns into balsa surfaces though. It's a very expensive glue to be mixing up and using in places where a normal epoxy would do just fine.
I think thats the difference, knowing where to use it and where and when other epoxies and adhesives are adequate. No need to add extra weight in places that dont need it!
Jetnfast is offline Find More Posts by Jetnfast
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:49 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
4,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetnfast View Post
I think thats the difference, knowing where to use it and where and when other epoxies and adhesives are adequate. No need to add extra weight in places that dont need it!
If you got it...use it...I will post a pic of the Hysol used on my Viper jet control horns....like a dap will do it.. Pics coming!! A little Hysol can hold alot!