HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:42 PM
Another one on the way...
Plano, Texas
Joined Feb 2009
2,304 Posts
Not a bad idea. My preference, though, is fluro orange. I may put some.
ysolomon is offline Find More Posts by ysolomon
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:52 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,195 Posts
I also use the Monocote Trim sheets too. (adhesive backed).

@ Jayb1rds,
I'm not sure about the window cleaner (it usually has ammonia in it) but a popular method of making "wet" water is to add a few drops of diswashing detergent (IE: "JOY" or "Dawn") to a spray bottle full of clean water.
Spray the wing and the adhesive side of the trim tape (or any adhesive backed graphics)
You will now be able to slide the material around on the surface, to get it positioned just right.
Once in the desired position, use a credit card to "squegee" the water out from the "sticker" starting from the center moving outward.
a piece of vellum or paper between the squegee and the sticker helps eliminate scratches from the squegee.
This allows accurate positioning and eliminates any air bubbles.
Works really well for large vinyl graphics as well. Such as the "leggy" monster "M" decal.
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:37 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,350 Posts
400ml distilled water, 100 ml isopropyl alchohol, and a few drops of dishwashing liquid as a wetting agent works perfect, also good for cleaning vinyl records
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:10 AM
United States, MD, Clinton
Joined Oct 2010
1,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Bob View Post
Tamjet brakes

What's a good pressure for the tank?
I'm new to the air brakes and was also wondering if there was an answer to this? I just got the kit installed and waiting on a air pump right now but there is no kind of instructions or anything. Thanks
houstonderk is offline Find More Posts by houstonderk
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:59 AM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,760 Posts
I believe that would be 100psi for brakes and retracts
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:43 AM
United States, MD, Clinton
Joined Oct 2010
1,002 Posts
Cool, thanks for the help.
houstonderk is offline Find More Posts by houstonderk
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:05 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,048 Posts
If anyone happens to have a NIB kit that they'd be willing to sell please lemme know.

Thx

Spence
smaze17 is offline Find More Posts by smaze17
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:06 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux RC View Post
I also use the Monocote Trim sheets too. (adhesive backed).

@ Jayb1rds,
I'm not sure about the window cleaner (it usually has ammonia in it) but a popular method of making "wet" water is to add a few drops of diswashing detergent (IE: "JOY" or "Dawn") to a spray bottle full of clean water.
Spray the wing and the adhesive side of the trim tape (or any adhesive backed graphics)
You will now be able to slide the material around on the surface, to get it positioned just right.
Once in the desired position, use a credit card to "squegee" the water out from the "sticker" starting from the center moving outward.
a piece of vellum or paper between the squegee and the sticker helps eliminate scratches from the squegee.
This allows accurate positioning and eliminates any air bubbles.
Works really well for large vinyl graphics as well. Such as the "leggy" monster "M" decal.
Damn Gary, that looks really good man!!

I'll have to come over so you can show me how to do it

S
smaze17 is offline Find More Posts by smaze17
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:03 AM
Canada, AB, Spruce Grove
Joined Nov 2006
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysolomon View Post
Not a bad idea. My preference, though, is fluro orange. I may put some.
love that color. jamacia flourescent orange shows up great on my heli blades when the sun shines on it but i find on the dark cloudy days it kinda washes out. i didn't bother with orange on the habu, i preferred the yellow as i think it stands out more on those dull days. i really depend on the tail for orientation when it gets small fast.
if you decide to go with flourescent colors ....i had to put a layer of white over the black, if i didn't the orange wouldn't "glow" very well
rod22 is online now Find More Posts by rod22
Old Jan 27, 2013, 01:42 PM
Joined Mar 2009
43 Posts
im a late one to this topic... just bought a Habu and was wondering if the recommended servos are going to hold up for a good amount of time on this airframe? and esc???
YF-22 117 is offline Find More Posts by YF-22 117
Old Jan 27, 2013, 02:56 PM
Joined May 2011
3,267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by YF-22 117 View Post
im a late one to this topic... just bought a Habu and was wondering if the recommended servos are going to hold up for a good amount of time on this airframe? and esc???
What servos are you refering too? What ESC are you refering too? You can get reviews about any servos or ESC's ever mounted and flown in this Jet by reading some of this 10,000 page thread and using the search tool,(Works a Treat). I've had luck with 5085 Hi-Tec digital servos that seem to hold up well in this Jet up until now....maybe 75-80 flights so far with no problems. The ESC selection for this this Jet varies with the motor and battery application being used...the CC 100-120 HV ESC's seem to work well and be the choice of many pilots throught this Post and have held up fine for me till recently, the same 75-80 flights....I have used both of the CC ESC's mentioned above and would recommend them to anyone setting up this Jet. Purchase the best electronics you can afford is my advice....If you plan on modifying this Jet for more speed and agility, like many pilots in here tend to do, purchase the CC120 HV for your ESC choice, I purchased the CC100 ESC HV intially and started upgrading to 8S then 9S then 10S and before you know it..your running really hot and running into problems. Purchase the CC 120 HV off the hop and be done with it ! Your going to like this Jet...I cannot say anything bad about it's flight characteristics, it's physical appearance,customer service or price. IMHO it's the best bang for the buck electric Jet on the market....enjoy and good luck.
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:14 PM
It's like an addiction!
NY, Rochester
Joined Oct 2003
1,450 Posts
I agree, It is a good thing to increase visibility on the Habu.
Chris
Downwind3Zero is offline Find More Posts by Downwind3Zero
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:18 PM
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
Miramar, FL
Joined Aug 2008
2,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACATTACK View Post
What servos are you refering too? What ESC are you refering too? You can get reviews about any servos or ESC's ever mounted and flown in this Jet by reading some of this 10,000 page thread and using the search tool,(Works a Treat). I've had luck with 5085 Hi-Tec digital servos that seem to hold up well in this Jet up until now....maybe 75-80 flights so far with no problems. The ESC selection for this this Jet varies with the motor and battery application being used...the CC 100-120 HV ESC's seem to work well and be the choice of many pilots throught this Post and have held up fine for me till recently, the same 75-80 flights....I have used both of the CC ESC's mentioned above and would recommend them to anyone setting up this Jet. Purchase the best electronics you can afford is my advice....If you plan on modifying this Jet for more speed and agility, like many pilots in here tend to do, purchase the CC120 HV for your ESC choice, I purchased the CC100 ESC HV intially and started upgrading to 8S then 9S then 10S and before you know it..your running really hot and running into problems. Purchase the CC 120 HV off the hop and be done with it ! Your going to like this Jet...I cannot say anything bad about it's flight characteristics, it's physical appearance,customer service or price. IMHO it's the best bang for the buck electric Jet on the market....enjoy and good luck.
Wow!!! This must be the longest thread on RC Groups

- B
bdelapen is online now Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:32 PM
Another one on the way...
Plano, Texas
Joined Feb 2009
2,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by YF-22 117 View Post
The question is whether you are going to fly "stock" (at least initially), which means the E-Flite 80mm power system. If the answer is yes, then I would suggest a CC100 ESC (will let you check the log to see how the plane is performing), Hitec HS85BB for flaps, ailerons, and elevators, HS85MG for nose steering, and HS-5085MG for rudder. That's what I used, and it appears to be pretty strong. I would also recommend strengthening the thrust tube with packing tape from the INSIDE (see this thread for suggestions how).

Today I replaced the struts with Tam Jets spring loaded struts.
ysolomon is offline Find More Posts by ysolomon
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:50 PM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
1,779 Posts
Hi YF-22,
I'd suggest going with a used setup like the TJ80 1409 1.5Y 6-cell setup listed here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1818783
$300 for a proven EDF/motor combo, and the ESC built in - it's hard to go wrong.
Best of luck,
Josh

Chris,
Excellent job on the recover - looks great!
Josh
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member