SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 07, 2013, 04:04 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razerworkz View Post
I have a 90mm laying around and figured it would save on getting another unit. Ill search for an 80mm
The Mach 80mm drops in without any mods (except a new thrust tube)
http://www.effluxrc.com/All-Alloy-80...A-80-9-40R.htm

Setups for 6, 8, and 10s are available.
10s setup does 160 max (flat and level, averaged upwind/downwind) and sounds nice as well.

Las Vegas 2012 Habu 32 demo (4 min 30 sec)
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Oct 2014
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2013, 05:52 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,763 Posts
Extreme 80mm CNC Alloy fan with Wemo or Jetfan rotor is another hi power top end option, and price of the complete 8s fan with HET 700 series motor is only AUD$255.00!

Our 8s setup does over 150mph, no need for 10s with this one.
Habu 32 8s with Extreme Rc 2800w (2 min 9 sec)

If you want more woosh sound the Extreme 80mm Jetfan combo puts out similar numbers to the wemo combo, and is only $295.00 complete fan and motor ready to go.

Lots of 80mm combos can be found HERE
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Jan 07, 2013, 06:16 PM
Joined Aug 2009
8,929 Posts
Try reading, before you rush to post.

Our 10s setup does 160, not 150.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 07, 2013, 06:24 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,763 Posts
Spyda achieved over 150 with cheap HK batteries, he is around 160 afaik with new higher spec packs. Still on 8s. He has lots of videos on utube....

Also my setup does it at 98A/2800 watts, how about posting up your amp draw and wattage consumption?
Old Jan 07, 2013, 06:35 PM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
2,032 Posts
How abouts the two of you bring one plane and one set of batts each to Hawaii for an old fashioned face off, western style? Then we can see who's really packing the best heavy metal... EDF that is.
-Josh
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 07, 2013, 06:41 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,763 Posts
I wouldnt say any one fan was the best and certainly dont claim that, the Wemo rotor is well known as being up at the pinnacle of performance, thats why its used in various housings, TJ uses the exact same rotor I do. The Jetfan rotor is a very nice alternative for those wanting more turbine like sound, and its composite structure doesnt have the metallic ring that metal rotors do, so its an alternative for those who dont like the metallic sound.

End of the day if you have 2 models doing similar speeds, and one does it at say 500w less and 40% less cost than the other, and you like the sound of both, which one will you choose?

Why is it some vendors can spam the forum with impunity, yet others are targeted soon as they post up an alternative??
Old Jan 07, 2013, 06:48 PM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
2,032 Posts
Hey, you two (and Tam, and whomever else too) can post up here as much as y'all want. In my opinion you all have awesome products, and I love seeing the relatively affordable high-end technology in action here.
-J
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:01 PM
Joined Aug 2009
8,929 Posts
The argumentative, arrogant nature of your posts is getting rather old.

The last time you asked that Mark, I did post, 8s, 9s and 10s ET results with the 1680KV HET motor. It's in this thread.

At any rate, what's the point? Efficiency? You want speed, or gas milage? Get a Honda LOL
Still these numbers are quite repectable.

You should try to get some clean, straight, flat and level upwind/downwind passes for doppler.

Here's the info again. (please save it for future reference)
The Lipos are cheap Sky Lipos with only 12GA leads. 5000mAh for 8s and 9s, 4000mAh for 10s
Site Sponsor
Last edited by efflux RC; Jan 07, 2013 at 07:15 PM. Reason: arranged photos
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:11 PM
Joined Aug 2009
8,929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalexander View Post
How abouts the two of you bring one plane and one set of batts each to Hawaii for an old fashioned face off, western style? Then we can see who's really packing the best heavy metal... EDF that is.
-Josh
I'll be there in Sept. (without jets though)

I don't claim anthying to be the best. Wemotec rotors, cut down or not are great rotors, so are HET and Shubie, All take very high power for those who want it. Some do, some would rather do flips. It's all good, as everyone does what they enjoy.
I just post video from our demo jets. Don't have the time to play the "race" game these days.

It just a shame that I have to be followed into many threads with arrogance and arguements by the same person.
Perhaps they should give some back, and support RC Groups instead.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:16 PM
It's like an addiction!
NY, Rochester
Joined Oct 2003
1,507 Posts
How about the two of you post something for once without making an advertisement out of it.
Downwind3Zero is offline Find More Posts by Downwind3Zero
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:20 PM
United States, FL, Altamonte Springs
Joined Jun 2012
1,694 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetnfast View Post
I believe the stock wheels are 1.75" as well, I guess the shulmans are not a true 1.75" Diameter then? Is it the wires that make it tight? Can you post a pic?

I am like you, I prefer not to cut the wheel well bigger to make it fit, but for some that would be worth it I guess.
I e-mailed them and they recommended the 2" brake wheels for the Habu 32. Has anybody tried those? I guess they have the same axle size as the 1.75"?
voxel is offline Find More Posts by voxel
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:20 PM
United States, FL, Altamonte Springs
Joined Jun 2012
1,694 Posts
I don't mind the advertising but I'd like to see a SEPARATE (searching this thread is a pain) single page/blog with different 6s, 8s,10s setups and your prices. The idea is that people already know the type of battery they want to use (in my case 6s 5000 or 3300-4000 8s) and the general price range ($300 absolute max, $200 ideal).
voxel is offline Find More Posts by voxel
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:24 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux RC View Post
The argumentative, arrogant nature of your posts is getting rather old.
Since when has posting up basic facts and figures been argumentative or arrogant? Show me where I have been argumentative or arrogant posting up the data on my 80mm fan?? I am not the one who hammers threads with sales pitches multiple times a day...

Ok so you need 4200 watts to get 160mph, you can carry on all you like about how power consumption doesnt matter its all about speed, but end of the day people like alternatives, I personally would rather do 150 on 2800w than 160 on 4200w and the accompanying weight penalty that comes with it...everyone has their own preference, you dont seem to get that, constantly belittling efficiency because your fan is not. Some people want efficiency and speed, some are happy to burn up lots of watts for a few extra mph, nothing wrong with either choice.
Personally I would have looked at changing the rotor design rather than making excuses for it, seeing as its machined off a CAD program it would be very easy to use known blade design and get it right up there with the other products on the market.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:25 PM
Joined Aug 2009
8,929 Posts
I post helpful tips quite often.

• How make your own thrust tubes.
  • Using bullet connectors for high power series battery connections without heavy, bulky wiring harnesess.
  • How to make your own simple low cost mains and nose doors.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:29 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux RC View Post
It just a shame that I have to be followed into many threads with arrogance and arguements by the same person.
Perhaps they should give some back, and support RC Groups instead.
Oh please, let me find my violin for you You followed me, you went after me when you first started in this biz, I tried to talk to you many times, but while you talked sweet in PM & email you were two faced to me. As for giving back I sponsored the OZ forum for a loooong time, paid my dues, you know this too but you choose to lower yourself by making accusations as to my integrity!?? Take a step back before you say anything else.