SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:20 PM
Proud RC Addict
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined Nov 2009
1,558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swps View Post
You know, an inch to the left and you'd be a much happier man with your Habu 32 right now!
ha ha.. I don't even think it was an inch. New fuse should be delivered tomorrow. I'll be out for the holiday but I hope next week I can get it back together.
dennisjm is offline Find More Posts by dennisjm
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:49 AM
Joined Nov 2003
695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulicheng View Post
ha ha.. I don't even think it was an inch. New fuse should be delivered tomorrow. I'll be out for the holiday but I hope next week I can get it back together.
I don't want to sound like a smarta$$, but flying in between lampposts will get ya every time. Be carefull &Good luck!
vasek is offline Find More Posts by vasek
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:06 AM
texas
Joined May 2005
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfun2005
First flight on new stock h32.... Stock motor and fan...

I could feel a lot of vibration when test run on ground ,but it would vary by rpm...

Would this be a bad fan ?. Or bad motor ?

Motor and fan stock out of box and just installed on plane...

Hind site... Should have done bench testing before mounted in plane.

Tks
Fan definitely needs to be static balanced and then use the clock method to find the smoothest position on the motor. I feel for you cause I hate to take a fan out with the small hatch and it always takes me a bit to get the trust tube on. Good Luck!

=====

Wow... I just want to keep flying for a while first... What happens with vibration if i try get 10 to 15 flights first while wait for parts ??

If I have to pull fan and motor out .. Sounds like right time for upgrade.

So do the upgrade fan and motor come prebalanced ?

Thanks
rcfun2005 is offline Find More Posts by rcfun2005
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:38 AM
Portugal, Porto District, Maia Municipality
Joined Aug 2008
292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfun2005 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfun2005
First flight on new stock h32.... Stock motor and fan...

I could feel a lot of vibration when test run on ground ,but it would vary by rpm...

Would this be a bad fan ?. Or bad motor ?

Motor and fan stock out of box and just installed on plane...

Hind site... Should have done bench testing before mounted in plane.

Tks
Fan definitely needs to be static balanced and then use the clock method to find the smoothest position on the motor. I feel for you cause I hate to take a fan out with the small hatch and it always takes me a bit to get the trust tube on. Good Luck!

=====

Wow... I just want to keep flying for a while first... What happens with vibration if i try get 10 to 15 flights first while wait for parts ??

If I have to pull fan and motor out .. Sounds like right time for upgrade.

So do the upgrade fan and motor come prebalanced ?

Thanks
In theory they should come balanced, but it doesn't happen: motor shaft and adapter are part of the equation.

I tried to balance mine with the cell phone method, but results were very inconsistent.
I've then balanced it on a dubro static balance (only fan and it was way off), tightened the adapter, spinned the motor and checked for adapter straigtheness with my finger (and adjusted tightening the screws one by one until there was minimum vibration on the adapter), and then mounted the fan.
After this, I checked for vibrations on the entire assembly by spooling up the fan, rotating it by 45 each time, and took notes where it vibrated the less. That would be the sweet point.

I know there are more scientific ways to balance the fan, but this pretty worked out for me.
whisperdancer is offline Find More Posts by whisperdancer
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:50 AM
texas
Joined May 2005
105 Posts
so what is a good process to quickly config the throws for a minimum settings to help reduce chance of stalls ?

i am setting the CG per Tam's suggestion about pushing down on tail and letting go.

i have just started flying the habu 32.

thanks
rcfun2005 is offline Find More Posts by rcfun2005
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:40 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
rcfun
use the recommended throws in the manual to start with, the manual on this kit is very good. use dual or tripple rates. from there it is a feel thing, you have to fly the model and adjust your rates and cg accordingly.....its a personal pref thing, but you still should only use as much elev throw is as needed for a good flare and control on landings. my high rates are slightly more than my low rates. I use my high rates for landings and take offs and low rates are set for flying or high speed.
congrats on the maiden!....it should get easier from here, how did your elev feel on your maiden flight?....was it too sensitive or did it feel ok, how was the landing did you run out of elev or did you feel you had good control all the way to touch down.
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:00 PM
United States, IL, Oquawka
Joined Nov 2003
116 Posts
Been enjoying the read here guys, I'm just a scant few dollars away from having a 32 and all the equipment to get it ready to go. Really looking forward to it!

Matt
HP^Matt is offline Find More Posts by HP^Matt
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:07 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
cool Matt I think you will like it
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:16 PM
Destructive Tester
Tampa, FL
Joined Apr 2008
1,342 Posts
just finished it up...

Maiden tomorrow.... 7.5 lbs seems VERY heavy ! Balances perfectly however.
jimmy34256 is offline Find More Posts by jimmy34256
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:18 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
it will fly great at 7.5lbs
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:11 PM
United States, CO, Loveland
Joined May 2008
421 Posts
Unwrapped and started working on my replacement fuse today. My first one was nearly perfect. This one has some minor defects (dust in paint, scratches, canopy hatch edges rough). No biggie but not up to the same excellent standard. The other thing that will be interesting is fitting the stabs. Will take some adapting as nothing lines up.

I'd have it flying again this weekend except that I won't get the nose retract until tuesday.
gsm026 is online now Find More Posts by gsm026
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:20 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jun 2002
187 Posts
Perhaps you should just repaint it altogether....why be like everyone else?
The_Dave is offline Find More Posts by The_Dave
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:23 PM
United States, IL, Oquawka
Joined Nov 2003
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dave View Post
Nice!
HP^Matt is offline Find More Posts by HP^Matt
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:27 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dave View Post
AWESOME!!!
how about some better pics
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:39 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jun 2002
187 Posts
Diamond Back

As requested....
The_Dave is offline Find More Posts by The_Dave