SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:28 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2011
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whisperdancer View Post
I think you have to insert the stab from below and then twist it up.

How do you guys give toe in? Twist the rod below the spring or modify the slot where the screw is?
Something has to be wrong here, yes i can put the spar first in the stab and then put the stab in the fuse but look at this pic that dont align either, anyone please thanks for the help



Name: DSC_0249.jpg
Views: 173
Size: 73.4 KB
Description:
maxman55 is offline Find More Posts by maxman55
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2012, 05:38 AM
Registered User
Portugal, Porto District, Maia Municipality
Joined Aug 2008
317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxman55 View Post
Something has to be wrong here, yes i can put the spar first in the stab and then put the stab in the fuse but look at this pic that dont align either, anyone please thanks for the help



Attachment 5132019
In my kit, in order the stab to fit, the spar couldn't go all the way into the stab.
The gluing process was made inserting the spar into stab -> stab into fuse -> adjust the spar into screw holes while holding the stab so the spar could move and adjust.
whisperdancer is online now Find More Posts by whisperdancer
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 05, 2012, 07:02 AM
EDF Jet Jam 2015, May 28-31st
Robert Belluomini's Avatar
United States, KY, Crestview Hills
Joined Dec 2000
6,733 Posts
Maxman i rehaped the carbon spar. Enlarged the hole in the fuse for the carbon pins as needed. Then i sanded the fuse where the stab root mates an glued the stabs in place using a quality thickend epoxy. The model flies better. ill post a photo.
Robert Belluomini is offline Find More Posts by Robert Belluomini
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 05, 2012, 08:07 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2011
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whisperdancer View Post
In my kit, in order the stab to fit, the spar couldn't go all the way into the stab.
The gluing process was made inserting the spar into stab -> stab into fuse -> adjust the spar into screw holes while holding the stab so the spar could move and adjust.
Thanks to all for the help, whisperdancer your steps worked perfect thanks i just finished, now to continue the build.


I will install today the retracts, what type and size of screws should i get? i have read that the provided screws snap. thanks
maxman55 is offline Find More Posts by maxman55
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 05, 2012, 08:41 AM
Registered User
Jetnfast's Avatar
United States, MO, Warrensburg
Joined Feb 2008
2,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxman55 View Post
I will install today the retracts, what type and size of screws should i get? i have read that the provided screws snap. thanks
Use the same size screws, but you can find better quality ones at ACE hardware or a similar store. Also I recommend using a small amount of dish soap as a lubricator for the scews. Another tip is to work the 4 screws in evenly as you go, this minimizes the chance one will snap. Go slowly and take your time. This was the most frustrating part of the whole build for me. I spent alot of time trying to get out broken screws!!
Jetnfast is offline Find More Posts by Jetnfast
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2012, 03:09 AM
Registered User
Ireland, Co. Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2012
316 Posts
Recently I bought a FOD for my P20 Habu...



I was at my buddies place last night doing some build on his new Habu and we took a look at the FOD close up, compared to the DeltaV 80mm it turns out the P20 is actually pretty small!





I wonder could you squeeze a bigger turbine in the Habu 32?
Quandry is offline Find More Posts by Quandry
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2012, 03:30 AM
efflux RC's Avatar
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxman55 View Post
Thanks to all for the help, whisperdancer your steps worked perfect thanks i just finished, now to continue the build.


I will install today the retracts, what type and size of screws should i get? i have read that the provided screws snap. thanks
I used #4 x 5/8" Phillips flat head wood screws.

Also, drill the pilot holes to a larger dia, so that such excessive torque is not required.
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Oct 2014
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2012, 05:38 AM
Never fly an A model anything!
jayb1rdz's Avatar
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,989 Posts
So I drill the hole 7/8" ??
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2012, 09:05 AM
Registered User
Jetnfast's Avatar
United States, MO, Warrensburg
Joined Feb 2008
2,259 Posts
That FOD screen does look alot smaller than the stock fan! Geez, I didnt realize that P-20 was so tiny!
Jetnfast is offline Find More Posts by Jetnfast
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2012, 07:41 PM
Registered User
spyda00's Avatar
Australia
Joined Jun 2009
1,063 Posts
The p20 blades are tiny, but dont let that fool you the p20's eflux is crazzy vs the EDF's


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetnfast View Post
That FOD screen does look alot smaller than the stock fan! Geez, I didnt realize that P-20 was so tiny!
spyda00 is offline Find More Posts by spyda00
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2012, 09:46 PM
Got Brushless?
Friedclutch's Avatar
Sacramento
Joined Sep 2007
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyda00 View Post
p20's eflux is crazzy vs the EDF's
Indeed it is.. Abgasgeschwindigkeit (km/h) 1674 <----- Exhaust gas speed.

Translation.. ---> emission gas velocity of a P-20 at full throttle is 1040 mph.

The speed of sound is... 768 mph.

Chalk that up to pure awesomness folks. All this, at 245,000 rpm. Heck yes, mate.

Don't forget about how awesome the smell and sound of a turbine is too.

Friedclutch is offline Find More Posts by Friedclutch
Last edited by Friedclutch; Sep 06, 2012 at 09:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2012, 11:01 PM
Registered User
spyda00's Avatar
Australia
Joined Jun 2009
1,063 Posts
its so so true, mine has 40min of run time already and hasnt even been up in the air yet lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friedclutch View Post

Don't forget about how awesome the smell and sound of a turbine is too.

spyda00 is offline Find More Posts by spyda00
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2012, 11:31 PM
3DHOG
jcdfrd's Avatar
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friedclutch View Post
Indeed it is.. Abgasgeschwindigkeit (km/h) 1674 <----- Exhaust gas speed.

Translation.. ---> emission gas velocity of a P-20 at full throttle is 1040 mph.

The speed of sound is... 768 mph.

Chalk that up to pure awesomness folks. All this, at 245,000 rpm. Heck yes, mate.

Don't forget about how awesome the smell and sound of a turbine is too.

all this may be true but the p20 will never be as fast as a 9,10,11,12s edf the p20 in this airframe is 150mph and you can just about get their on 8s edf
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 07, 2012, 04:17 AM
Registered User
Ireland, Co. Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2012
316 Posts
Specs on the Wren44:
Thrust : 45N / 4.5kg / 10lbs
Weight : 600g / 21oz
Overall Size : 215mm x 75mm (8.5" x 3")
Ancillaries weight (inc battery) : 340g / 12oz
Max RPM : 195,000
Idle RPM : 55,000
Idle Thrust : 1.5N / 0.15kg / 0.3lbs
Fuel Consumption @ max thrust : 176ml per minute / 5.8oz per minute

The Overall diameter is still smaller than the Eflite Delta V 80mm so it could be made to physically fit. It is double the weight of the P20 though, given there's already weights in the nose of my P20 Habu I guess the whole plane would become pretty much a speeding bullet. Still 10lbs of turbine thrust in the Habu would be epic to watch
Quandry is offline Find More Posts by Quandry
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 07, 2012, 06:58 AM
Never fly an A model anything!
jayb1rdz's Avatar
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,989 Posts
After reading the MAAA rules about certifying all turbines, any chance of one soiling my car has been relegated to the can.
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Fiberglass Habu Airframe Calvin_220 Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 92 Nov 10, 2012 03:53 AM
Sold New in box Habu EDF PNP flyboy1945 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 2 Aug 01, 2010 09:24 PM
Discussion ESC very HOT - Sorry the discussion is moved to the Habu thread SalamSyed Foamy EDFs 0 Mar 21, 2010 12:15 AM
New Product New Fiberglass EDF Jets!!! Starfire + EDF Trainer nitroplanes Nitro Planes 0 Jan 24, 2009 10:58 AM
Discussion Baja SS Speculation and hopup thread. DaveESPI Large Scale Cars 3 Feb 03, 2008 08:39 PM