HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 28, 2012, 10:06 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Paxton View Post
Yes.. But also....Helping it slow down for landing. (Very important part of flying I'm told!)
When the gear are extended the gear openings are exposed to the airflow, adding drag...Seriously, my plane has no problem slowing down to land with full flaps and also doesn't exhibit ANY bad traits...Call me lucky but as I have said many times---This plane flies EXACTLY like my BVM Mavericks/Aggressors...I have no crow added---All I have for a mix is some down elevator as the flaps down do add a considerable lift component...The last flight that I flew I held off the plane as long as possible...The plane stalled and fell from about 1 1/2' off of the deck...The stall was straight away and the plane didn't bounce...All of my previous landings were greasers with the plane stalling right at touchdown...I really couldn't be more happy with a plane...Again---One of my favorites that I can just throw in the SUV and fly...I'm flying from grass with the stock wire struts and stock 1.75" wheels...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Last edited by Kevin Greene; May 28, 2012 at 10:20 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2012, 06:14 PM
Portugal, Porto District, Maia Municipality
Joined Aug 2008
290 Posts
I never thought on checking elevator pushrod alignment, but is this normal?

I guess I will have to make some kind of bend in the pushrods, as they are nowhere near from the horns...
whisperdancer is offline Find More Posts by whisperdancer
Old May 29, 2012, 10:29 PM
Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
481 Posts
normal...
hypstar is offline Find More Posts by hypstar
Old May 29, 2012, 10:44 PM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,277 Posts
You can put ball links on the end of the control horns to offset it if you want.
SkylineFlyer is offline Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Old May 29, 2012, 11:11 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whisperdancer View Post

I guess I will have to make some kind of bend in the pushrods, as they are nowhere near from the horns...
Normal---I just coated the pushrods with a light coat of machine oil and connected the control rods to the horns...I also use silicone fuel line as a clevis "keeper"....The rods slide very easily without binding..I wouldn't add a bend to the rods as to introduce an week spot in the rod due to a bend...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old May 30, 2012, 05:17 AM
Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
481 Posts
A light coat of machine oil is the way,as stated..that`s what I did too..
Old May 30, 2012, 05:41 AM
Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
481 Posts
Hey, You All..
Been a while since I was here..been on the F-4 build....

Anyway...I fly my H32 with CG 115mm and mid rates,TO on No or mid flaps(depends on wind) and full Flaps on landing.
But,...I feel it`s a little "twisty"...maybe more expo than per manual?
Any other suggestion?

Thank You!

//Andy.
Old May 30, 2012, 06:13 AM
Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
Flew the habu in a lot of wind this week end. Got footage from the keychain, but with the tail wobling in the wind, doesn't look to usable. Hope to get something out of it. I miss my retracts...the gear down adds lots of drag and doesn't look very cool
same here..miss the retracts!
but soon they will be in
Old May 30, 2012, 07:17 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,581 Posts
Yes, the parts I ordered for the front nose retract (11$ worth) is out of the customs. Hopefully the worm will fit. Waiting for this to order the tam struts, tired of bending back the stock wire, and now it is too much bent.
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old May 30, 2012, 09:21 AM
Watt me worry?
Florida
Joined Mar 2006
3,922 Posts
Whisper:

Elevator pushrods work fine as standard setup...........I too use silicone fuel tubing as a "keeper" on the clevis. I have dozens of flights on my Habu and never a problem with the elevator pushrods.
Madmax1965 is offline Find More Posts by Madmax1965
Old May 30, 2012, 09:52 AM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,277 Posts
Ill say it again. Dubro ball joints will give you the offset you need.

EDIT: Apparently Dubro's ball joints are bad. For some reason just us idiots use them with no problems. Oh well.
SkylineFlyer is offline Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Last edited by SkylineFlyer; May 31, 2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old May 30, 2012, 10:04 AM
Portugal, Porto District, Maia Municipality
Joined Aug 2008
290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer View Post
Ill say it again. Dubro ball joints will give you the offset you need.
I can try and use some swashplate balls and ball links I have from my heli (same thread as the habu rods), but first I will disconnect the rod from the servo, connect it to the horns, put some tri-flow oil and see how freely it moves.
whisperdancer is offline Find More Posts by whisperdancer
Old May 30, 2012, 10:10 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whisperdancer View Post
I can try and use some swashplate balls and ball links I have from my heli (same thread as the habu rods), but first I will disconnect the rod from the servo, connect it to the horns, put some tri-flow oil and see how freely it moves.
I would consider ball links with a screw that will prevent them to come loose. Not sure the heli kind link won't pop off the ball under high speed pressure on the elevator.
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old May 30, 2012, 10:15 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,921 Posts
Andy, define "twisty." I fly on high rates for TO and landing, mid rates for flaps half down, then go to low rates once the speed is up and the gear and flaps are retracted. I use a flight mode for this so I don't have to mess with flipping switches for dual rates.
tclaridge is offline Find More Posts by tclaridge
Old May 30, 2012, 10:26 AM
Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tclaridge View Post
Andy, define "twisty." I fly on high rates for TO and landing, mid rates for flaps half down, then go to low rates once the speed is up and the gear and flaps are retracted. I use a flight mode for this so I don't have to mess with flipping switches for dual rates.
wiggly...little too sharp on the turns and on the elev.,
maybe better to say too responsive..
some said 30 expo all over...?