HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 21, 2012, 03:48 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamjets View Post
Explain to him return for exchange what it mean. Cost of labor what is mean. Bring same product that he don't want to pay for the service anc had china to make it cheap is call copy.
LOL would you like me to post up your emails over a 12 month period about your hubs?
Who says I am making my hubs in China? You presume too much, foot in mouth disease methinks. Better be careful who you accuse of not wanting to pay for products and of copying.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 21, 2012, 04:08 AM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,421 Posts
:

Quote:
Now you can give your buddy Mark Wong Tamlish lesson.
Explain to him return for exchange what it mean. Cost of labor what is mean.
Bring same product that he don't want to pay for the service anc had china to make it cheap is call copy.
His last name is not Wong.
No offense to my Chinese friends.LOL
My "buddy" Mark Wong? (last name not Wong) Am I missing the joke/sarcasm here?
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
Old Apr 21, 2012, 04:27 AM
Life's short - Enjoy!
Zurich, Switzerland
Joined Nov 2009
588 Posts
Strange, I thought this thread being titled as Eflite Fiberglass EDF HABU Thread...

Missed the mud throwing contest bit
DeeCee 57 is offline Find More Posts by DeeCee 57
Old Apr 21, 2012, 04:40 AM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,421 Posts
I Just don't wish to be dragged into a conversation I have nothing to do with.
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
Old Apr 21, 2012, 06:15 AM
Portugal, Porto District, Maia Municipality
Joined Aug 2008
290 Posts
These discussions seem to be cyclic along the thread...
There's no need for this.
whisperdancer is offline Find More Posts by whisperdancer
Old Apr 21, 2012, 07:32 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
3,818 Posts
Quote:
When ever I had spare time. This what I do for fun.
Playing new set up and find out what it can do.
I had my machinist machine the sample shaft to be true precission.
Spend 1/2 hour cut down CS 90 rotor to 80mm. Balance the rotor and install to my TJ80 shroud.
It run smooth as silk.
Now I'm playing cells count and sunday will fly it.
Sean fall asleep after teach him how to balance rotor. Soon he can do the balance too. He is very good and like to learn from his old man.

Just ran up full power.
4.2kw steady.
Sunday will get some video.
So this is the new Project Tam? I guess 12S for 4.3Kw!!?? Nice Fan Tam..must sound great....When do expect to release numbers Tam?? Again..Nice Work ...As usual. The Master strikes again
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Old Apr 21, 2012, 07:57 PM
Joined Nov 2003
689 Posts
Quote:
Sean fall asleep after teach him how to balance rotor. Soon he can do the balance too. He is very good and like to learn from his old man.
Man. he looks just like you!
vasek is online now Find More Posts by vasek
Old Apr 21, 2012, 08:00 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasek View Post
Man. he looks just like you!
Just much smarter grown up will be working for bigger company. His old man just playing with model toys industries. Hahaha.
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
Old Apr 21, 2012, 08:03 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACATTACK View Post
So this is the new Project Tam? I guess 12S for 4.3Kw!!?? Nice Fan Tam..must sound great....When do expect to release numbers Tam?? Again..Nice Work ...As usual. The Master strikes again
It just happen middle of the night.
Just kidding. The machinist making the hub assembly. Once that is ready. There will be whole new different line of fan for anyone need.
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
Old Apr 21, 2012, 11:44 PM
Mile High EDF
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jul 2011
917 Posts
Well anyway

Out flying the other day and had problems with dialing in my flap-elevator mixing. Just couldn't get it right, I have my flaps coming way down for landing as I've had on my other habu 32 , but this one really wants to climb up very fast with engagement of the flaps, I have elevator down mixed in , about 35 on my dx8 . I'm thinking more down elevator or to much flaps and it's interferring with the air flow over the elevators and giving me very poor control. Still managed to fly 6 lipos and land without bounce in moderate wind without flaps.

What are others mm throws on there flaps , I know I've said I use the full range of movement before and I have , it just doesn't seem to be working this time.
420flyboy is online now Find More Posts by 420flyboy
Old Apr 22, 2012, 01:41 PM
Hey Ya'll!! Watch THIS!!
Nashville TN.
Joined Mar 2006
2,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420flyboy View Post
Well anyway

Out flying the other day and had problems with dialing in my flap-elevator mixing. Just couldn't get it right, I have my flaps coming way down for landing as I've had on my other habu 32 , but this one really wants to climb up very fast with engagement of the flaps, I have elevator down mixed in , about 35 on my dx8 . I'm thinking more down elevator or to much flaps and it's interferring with the air flow over the elevators and giving me very poor control. Still managed to fly 6 lipos and land without bounce in moderate wind without flaps.

What are others mm throws on there flaps , I know I've said I use the full range of movement before and I have , it just doesn't seem to be working this time.
Two thoughts on this.
One is that if you apply flaps when flying too fast the plane will balloon on you.....so to fix this, apply flaps after you've slowed down a bit, don't use them as a brake from too high a speed. (See my maiden video in speed run thread. Flaps applied at mid speed made plane jump up....I slowed down, reapplied and they were perfect...full down throw also with 3mm down elevator)

Second thought is that yes, massive flap down throw will disrupt the air over the elevators that are beneath and behind the flaps on the plane. This works to your benefit by smoothing response of elevators while you're landing, thus giving you less chance of too much "Up" elevator causing a pull up and tip stall at slow landing speed.

Pax
Michael Paxton is offline Find More Posts by Michael Paxton
Old Apr 22, 2012, 01:47 PM
Mile High EDF
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jul 2011
917 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Paxton View Post
Two thoughts on this.
One is that if you apply flaps when flying too fast the plane will balloon on you.....so to fix this, apply flaps after you've slowed down a bit, don't use them as a brake from too high a speed. (See my maiden video in speed run thread. Flaps applied at mid speed made plane jump up....I slowed down, reapplied and they were perfect...full down throw also with 3mm down elevator)

Second thought is that yes, massive flap down throw will disrupt the air over the elevators that are beneath and behind the flaps on the plane. This works to your benefit by smoothing response of elevators while you're landing, thus giving you less chance of too much "Up" elevator causing a pull up and tip stall at slow landing speed.

Pax
Thank you, makes sense. I'm headed out shortly and will give that a try
Planning on maidenening the viper today
420flyboy is online now Find More Posts by 420flyboy
Old Apr 22, 2012, 01:52 PM
Hey Ya'll!! Watch THIS!!
Nashville TN.
Joined Mar 2006
2,555 Posts
Quote:
Thank you, makes sense. I'm headed out shortly and will give that a try
Planning on maidenening the viper today
Nice!! VIDEO!! (Those who don't have live vicariously thru those that do!)
Old Apr 22, 2012, 01:52 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
3,818 Posts
Quote:
Well anyway

You should try a Crow set up (if computer possible)and see how you like it. I'm trying different mixes with Crow set -ups such as Thr>Ailerons ...so as your throttle is lowered the ailerons butterfly up...Just a thought! Lots of people love the crow set-up on landings.
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Old Apr 22, 2012, 01:57 PM
Hey Ya'll!! Watch THIS!!
Nashville TN.
Joined Mar 2006
2,555 Posts
Yea. I forgot to mention that I use crow also. 3-5 mm up Ailerons mixed with full down flap and 3mm down ele. This helps counter the lift from the flaps and adds drag at different part of wing which helps lock plane into position in the air.