HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 03, 2012, 08:35 PM
Hey Ya'll!! Watch THIS!!
Nashville TN.
Joined Mar 2006
2,555 Posts
Voodoo,
Just to start the list....
1. Install screw into the end of the hatch lock mechanism to extend it and keep canopy from leaving without permission.
2. Loctite the ball on the release mechanism for above.
3. Check inside fuse that all formers and battery tray are secured to fuse. Some of mine were not even in place when I received it.
4. Most wings and even verts don't mount flush to fuse, some sand fuse down, some just fill void with silicone, and some put washer on rear pin of wing to hold front tight.
5. Loctite EVERYTHING!
6. LOCTITE EVERYTHING!!

There's more little stuff, but not all kits are alike....
Have fun..
Michael Paxton is offline Find More Posts by Michael Paxton
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2012, 08:47 PM
Gotta have toys!
La Jolla, CA. USA
Joined May 2006
856 Posts
Douglas,

Here you go. I zipped the file for the 11X because the site won't accept the file unless I do. Just unzip and load it on your 11x SD Card to copy over to your radio.

HABU-32

I have explained the setup below.

JR-11X TX, to JR 921 2.4 RX

CHANNEL MAP:

Receiver -> Radio

THRO -> THRO

AILE -> RAIL

ELEV -> RELE

RUDD -> RUDD

GEAR -> GEAR

AUX1 -> FLAP

AUX2 -> LAIL

AUX3 -> LELE

AUX4 -> AUX4 (use this channel to plug in your nose wheel steering servo)

Overview:

After you load this program into your radio, and before you plug in your servos, the first thing you should do is go to the:

TRAVEL ADJUST MENU - Set all values to 100%

SUB TRIM MENU Set all values to 0

REVERSE SW MENU Set all values to NORM

D/R & EXPO MENU Set all Values for D/R to 100%, and all values for EXP to 0%

TRIM SYSTEM set all values back to 4.

Re-setting all of these values will take out all values that are specific to my servos. This will allow you to baseline your servos, and set up the control arm lengths during the build.

The channel mapping should be fairly self explanatory.

This setup uses a Y harness for the Flaps. Since you cannot adjust them separately to match with the radio, you should choose the two servos that have the closest match for center and travel. You should also set up the servo arms, and mount them in the plane so they are going the proper direction. That means they will both be moving away from the hinge line when you activate the FLAP SWITCH.

The GEAR uses the 3-way harness that comes with the landing gear.

ALL other Channels are mated in the System Menu.

You will see that I have not mated the Rudder Channel with the Nose Wheel Steering Channel in the WING TYPE MENU. Instead I have used a custom Mix (MIX 1). This mix is RUDD -> AUX4. It allows you to trim the nose wheel, Reverse, set the Travel Adjust, separately from the Rudder to get the ground handling perfect. Because I have the Mix activated by the GEAR SWITCH, the wheel only turns while the GEAR is in the down position.

The FLAP SYSTEM MENU will be where you set up the two Flap rates, Elevator Compensation, and speed. You will need to adjust the percentage numbers to match the desired travel for the different flap positions. This travel is discussed in the Habu-32 manual. When first setting up make sure your flap position switch is in NORM (0) position.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Steve
1bwana1 is offline Find More Posts by 1bwana1
Old Jan 03, 2012, 09:29 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,822 Posts
You guys ROCK ! These are the tips i need and i can not thank you enough for handing over all your hard work and findings....Steve,that will make my life so easy I had planned on seperating the rudder and front wheel,thanks for spelling it out for me.I think i might also want to set-up crow,we only have a 300ft geotextile runway....good thing is we also have 300ft of short grass runway on both ends,but i would like to be able to do most of the landing on the geo.....Again,thanks guy Douglas
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Old Jan 03, 2012, 09:39 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bwana1 View Post
I've been flying my Habu-32 regularly from the beginning. Totaly stock, and no problems. Why limit yourself to the Basic class. I've done a lot of rolling circles and snaps with mine. I expect to see you flying the Advanced sequence with yours. LOL!
LOL...Yup,i get a kick out of the looks on peoples faces (and mine) when i go out and do rolling circles,rolling loops,the snake,snaps,crasy long and low knife,ect ect with the foam Habu It just does them so well....But i do enjoy even more when somebody watches the Sebart Mig for the first time when they do not know there is an EDF out there that can do the 3D stuff-that is one fun piece of foam.I can not wait to see what the 32 will do....It is a GREAT time to be in this Hobby,just so much good stuff out there.
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Old Jan 03, 2012, 09:39 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
4,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Bob View Post
Can someone point me to a pump that works with the tamjet brake kit?
Pick up an electric one...I just purchased one from Canadian Tire for $14.99..it was equipped with a plug in cigar lighter adapter as well. There are some good deals..Wal-Mart, Lowe's etc. I really don't like hand-pumps, electric is the way to go...
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Old Jan 03, 2012, 11:24 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,950 Posts
Quote:
Douglas,

Here you go. I zipped the file for the 11X because the site won't accept the file unless I do. Just unzip and load it on your 11x SD Card to copy over to your radio.

Attachment 4527048

I have explained the setup below.

JR-11X TX, to JR 921 2.4 RX

CHANNEL MAP:

Receiver -> Radio

THRO -> THRO

AILE -> RAIL

ELEV -> RELE

RUDD -> RUDD

GEAR -> GEAR

AUX1 -> FLAP

AUX2 -> LAIL

AUX3 -> LELE

AUX4 -> AUX4 (use this channel to plug in your nose wheel steering servo)

Overview:

After you load this program into your radio, and before you plug in your servos, the first thing you should do is go to the:

TRAVEL ADJUST MENU - Set all values to 100%

SUB TRIM MENU Set all values to 0

REVERSE SW MENU Set all values to NORM

D/R & EXPO MENU Set all Values for D/R to 100%, and all values for EXP to 0%

TRIM SYSTEM set all values back to 4.

Re-setting all of these values will take out all values that are specific to my servos. This will allow you to baseline your servos, and set up the control arm lengths during the build.

The channel mapping should be fairly self explanatory.

This setup uses a Y harness for the Flaps. Since you cannot adjust them separately to match with the radio, you should choose the two servos that have the closest match for center and travel. You should also set up the servo arms, and mount them in the plane so they are going the proper direction. That means they will both be moving away from the hinge line when you activate the FLAP SWITCH.

The GEAR uses the 3-way harness that comes with the landing gear.

ALL other Channels are mated in the System Menu.

You will see that I have not mated the Rudder Channel with the Nose Wheel Steering Channel in the WING TYPE MENU. Instead I have used a custom Mix (MIX 1). This mix is RUDD -> AUX4. It allows you to trim the nose wheel, Reverse, set the Travel Adjust, separately from the Rudder to get the ground handling perfect. Because I have the Mix activated by the GEAR SWITCH, the wheel only turns while the GEAR is in the down position.

The FLAP SYSTEM MENU will be where you set up the two Flap rates, Elevator

Compensation, and speed. You will need to adjust the percentage numbers to match the desired travel for the different flap positions. This travel is discussed in the Habu-32 manual. When first setting up make sure your flap position switch is in NORM (0) position.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
C

Steve

Steve, Brilliant!!

I haven't got my 32 competed yet but the 11x programming is sure to be one of the trickiest bits. Much appreciated you giving a shortcut here. thank you.
Have you felt a need for crow settings. I'll save your post to my home page for future reference. Ciao J
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Jan 04, 2012, 02:30 AM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,596 Posts
I got the new nose gear door fabbed and installed on the 7s Shubie powered Habu.
The old hinge slots still need to be closed up and the paint I had on hand dosen't match, but with full working doors now, I'm hoping to see about 5mph more. Maybe 157 mph, flat and level.

Now I can get back onto finishing up the 8s ALL ALLOY L-39.
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
Old Jan 04, 2012, 02:43 AM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,596 Posts
Here's a shot of the linkage fairing for the gaping rudder servo hole.
The original wood panel was already in place, so it looks like an afterthought. (It was!). I'll make a nicer looking one for the next one.....

......Next one?
Our next Habu Demo jet will be powered by our new 80mm ALL ALLOY edf.

I hope some of you "go fast" guys incorporate some of these ideas, as every little thing helps.
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
Old Jan 04, 2012, 06:37 AM
Australia
Joined Jan 2010
66 Posts
Hey all. Recieved my Habu over Xmas and will start the build shortly so I am sorting out what gear I am going to deck this bird out with. Can anyone tell me if the E-flite Habu wheels in the kit fit the axles of Tams Struts??
SLING is offline Find More Posts by SLING
Old Jan 04, 2012, 07:41 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2005
174 Posts
Hs-5085MG Servos with LiFePO4 Battery ??

Hi Guys, I am thinking of using a 2 cell LiFePO4. Hyperion make a nice little 850mah one which weighs less than 50g.

Has anybody used Hitec HS-5085MG Digital servos which are rated to 6V when a fully charged LiFePO4 battery is 6.6V ? I would hate to to wreck them all when the plane is so close to finished !!

Thanks,
Jeremy
jrandle is offline Find More Posts by jrandle
Old Jan 04, 2012, 08:05 AM
KK4NOP
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Aug 2005
3,334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux RC View Post
Here's a shot of the linkage fairing for the gaping rudder servo hole.
The original wood panel was already in place, so it looks like an afterthought. (It was!). I'll make a nicer looking one for the next one.....

......Next one?
Our next Habu Demo jet will be powered by our new 80mm ALL ALLOY edf.

I hope some of you "go fast" guys incorporate some of these ideas, as every little thing helps.
Looks like the fairing from a Fun Jet. I think I have a few of those around. Thanks for the idea!

We are going to need pictures, specs and video when you get it done. How long are we talking?
Mike Freas is offline Find More Posts by Mike Freas
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pan/Tilt servo mods
Old Jan 04, 2012, 10:08 AM
Gotta have toys!
La Jolla, CA. USA
Joined May 2006
856 Posts
I really haven't found the need for crow. I usually land the Habu in about 100 ft.

Maybe I will play with it and add it to the program just for fun.
1bwana1 is offline Find More Posts by 1bwana1
Old Jan 04, 2012, 11:05 AM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Sep 2007
1,774 Posts
Quote:
I really haven't found the need for crow. I usually land the Habu in about 100 ft.

You def don't need to crow. But it is fun to mess around with.
tulz43 is offline Find More Posts by tulz43
Old Jan 04, 2012, 11:07 AM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrandle View Post
Hi Guys, I am thinking of using a 2 cell LiFePO4. Hyperion make a nice little 850mah one which weighs less than 50g.

Has anybody used Hitec HS-5085MG Digital servos which are rated to 6V when a fully charged LiFePO4 battery is 6.6V ? I would hate to to wreck them all when the plane is so close to finished !!

Thanks,
Jeremy
they work perfectly on LiFe packs
jcdfrd is online now Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Jan 04, 2012, 11:09 AM
San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
2,236 Posts
Quote:

Crow just helps with tip stalling. I think it slows it down a bit but not to much. I stall tested with crow and it just drops flat like a rock, no tip stall tendancy with the crow.

I would say it wouldnt hurt and if you ever did get it to slow (despite power on) it would assure you that it would drop flat.
bri6672 is offline Find More Posts by bri6672