HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 29, 2011, 02:38 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
4,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetnfast View Post
Fellas - working on the wing spar installation right now....I just took the fuse our of the packaging, my jaw dropped on the quality of the paint and glasswork! Regardless, I can't believe that only the pinch of the two Allen bolts is all that holds the wing spar into position! Crazy!
I thought the same thing. Do not over-tighten those aluminum screws that hold on the wings....very soft metal. The clamping system works good,though some play may occur in the wing. Do not get of overly concerned about this clamping system, before flying for the day,check the screws are good and tight with a long 9/64 ball driver and have fun.If play is present in the wing fuselage area, there are numerous threads on how to cure this problem.You can also epoxy the wing/fuselage together. Hope this helps Jetnfast..
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2011, 03:31 PM
United States, MO, Warrensburg
Joined Feb 2008
2,251 Posts
Thanks lew - good stuff! I can barely get to those screws, let alone apply any torque to tighten them down slightly so hopefully it won't be a problem!
Jetnfast is offline Find More Posts by Jetnfast
Old Dec 29, 2011, 06:39 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
4,084 Posts
Quote:
Thanks lew - good stuff! I can barely get to those screws, let alone apply any torque to tighten them down slightly so hopefully it won't be a problem!
Ball Driver Set | DU-BRO (0 min 35 sec)

Jetnfast!! these are the long ball drivers you need...You need a 9/64 and your troubles are over... A seperate 9/64 is about $10 Happy New Year Bro...
Old Dec 29, 2011, 07:03 PM
Lenox Twp., Michigan
Joined Oct 2004
708 Posts
These hex headed servo mounting screws will work great along with your long ball drivers. I picked up a package a long time ago.

Joe M.
JoeMamma is offline Find More Posts by JoeMamma
Old Dec 29, 2011, 07:45 PM
Joined Feb 2008
2,251 Posts
Lew - thanks for the vid! I didn't realize the advantage to those was the 30 degree working angle which would be perfect for the tight space in the habu! Sweet!
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:55 PM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Jul 2006
544 Posts
Well, i have nearly 20 odd flights on my Habu. What an awesome model. I am running the Stumax 80mm fan and it is absolutely fantastic, it is so smooth and almost sounds turbine like. I am running 6s 6000mah Nano techs. She is a bit heavier than standard, and i don't intend to weigh her in case she finds out how much she weighs.
The only thing i need now is Tam's trailing link undercarriage and life will be complete.

Chris
icicles is online now Find More Posts by icicles
Old Dec 29, 2011, 10:31 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
4,084 Posts
Quote:
Lew - thanks for the vid! I didn't realize the advantage to those was the 30 degree working angle which would be perfect for the tight space in the habu! Sweet!
The long ball link driver works great for the wing spar area...one more thing Jetnfast I forgot to mention is the use of blue loctite in this area, it will add security to your assembly. Whenever you have metal too metal fittings,a good rule of thumb is the use of loctite products. Cheers!
Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:09 AM
Mile High EDF
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jul 2011
934 Posts
Installed ejets 80mm carbon fiber shroud 9 blade rotor and arc 2080kv 36mm motor in my habu this week , hoping to fly tomorrow. Upgrading to a hv100amp esc and went with a 1100mah 6.6v life to power the servos and rec.

I'm thinking the next move is to get the het 1865kv and run 8s.
420flyboy is online now Find More Posts by 420flyboy
Old Dec 30, 2011, 01:21 AM
United States, CA, Livermore
Joined Oct 2004
752 Posts
Tell me more about the "crow" setup. I am familiar with it from gliders so I just want to know how much flap you have mixed with how much up aileron and elevator. The measurements would make the first flight with this setup much more pleasant! Thanks
Husafreak is offline Find More Posts by Husafreak
Old Dec 30, 2011, 04:08 AM
Dublin Ireland
Joined Aug 2005
819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husafreak View Post
Tell me more about the "crow" setup. I am familiar with it from gliders so I just want to know how much flap you have mixed with how much up aileron and elevator. The measurements would make the first flight with this setup much more pleasant! Thanks
hi there
Zacattack was good enough to send this to me.(Thanks again ZAC)I am sure he won't mind me passing it on.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_87...tm.htm#8737281
and this http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_65...tm.htm#6548167
cheers
Steve

Zac
those Du bro hex sets look the business.Are you saying the 9/64 does not come with the set?
STEVEAIR2 is offline Find More Posts by STEVEAIR2
Last edited by STEVEAIR2; Dec 31, 2011 at 07:53 AM.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 04:51 AM
Joined Nov 2003
691 Posts
yes 9/64 is part of the set
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXE261&P=7

Zac
those Du bro hex sets look the business.Are you saying the 9/64 does not come with the set?[/QUOTE]
vasek is offline Find More Posts by vasek
Old Dec 30, 2011, 05:36 AM
Dublin Ireland
Joined Aug 2005
819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasek View Post
yes 9/64 is part of the set
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXE261&P=7

Zac
those Du bro hex sets look the business.Are you saying the 9/64 does not come with the set?
[/QUOTE]

Vasek
thanks for that. i had a look at the tower Site.Are those Drivers Long Reach ?
I can't seem to find the eqivelent in metric,I can see the shorter ones but not the long ones, are they available?
Thanks
Steve
STEVEAIR2 is offline Find More Posts by STEVEAIR2
Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:27 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
4,084 Posts
Vasek
thanks for that. i had a look at the tower Site.Are those Drivers Long Reach ?
I can't seem to find the eqivelent in metric,I can see the shorter ones but not the long ones, are they available?
Thanks
Steve[/QUOTE]

Steve: here's a good link to lot's of ball drivers in SI and Imperial standards with resonable prices. All the metric sizes used in regular assembly are present in this link. Happy New Year Steve!

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...P?&C=RAL&V=DUB
Old Dec 30, 2011, 03:59 PM
Joined Feb 2008
2,251 Posts
These ball drivers must be RC specific, I didnt see them at Lowe's when I was there yesterday, unless I missed it! The mark up on RC specific tools is a little crazy!
Old Dec 30, 2011, 04:21 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,592 Posts
They are not RC specific. They are simply ball ended hex key drivers. They come in the "L" style. as well as the "screwdriver" type handle.
Maybe Lowes didn't have them, but try. OSH, "Do-it", True value, Home depot. Mcmaster carr, Sears.

Bondhus was the original manufacter of the ball driver.
Google Bondhus
efflux RC is online now Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014