HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 01, 2011, 12:12 AM
Canada, AB, Spruce Grove
Joined Nov 2006
41 Posts
hi Smaze17. my sport bec went awry after a couple of flights, my landing gear kept going up & down as i was getting ready for another flight. i pulled it out and hooked up the ice 100 already mounted in the tailcone. i think the hottest flight it had was about 82 degrees and its been working good for about 40 flights now, no probs.
rod22 is offline Find More Posts by rod22
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2011, 01:28 AM
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Sep 2011
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smaze17 View Post
Well, I just burned up my second ICE 100 in only 12 flights!!! I realize my ESC is under the battery tray but that still should not make the ESC completely overheat and spew brown crap out of the capacitors. I even had the timing set to low which should help the ESC to operate cooler. Really bummed. Now Castle will have 3 of my ESC's. 2 ICE 100's and an ICE 80HV

S
Mine burned up and I didnt get to fly it yet. I was doing some shaft balancing and took a break. Came back one hour later and the initalizing beeps were soo faint... I thought meh no biggie. Then I assembled the fan uniand did a pull. 675 watts was peak on a 6s 35c battery and I was getting crazy startups. chirping of the motor and finally spun with 3/4 throttle.

I went to my hobby shop and the owner looked at me, and said. "F*%$@ S&*$... you are the 5th person this week with the same esc issue.

So that sucker is going back to CC with 4 others.

I threw in the Eflite 80amp and hit 1675 watts with 68.1 amps on the bench.

im kinda bummed... he said next batch is comming in at the end of the month.
bryanagreen is offline Find More Posts by bryanagreen
Old Oct 01, 2011, 02:09 AM
San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
2,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smaze17 View Post
Well, I just burned up my second ICE 100 in only 12 flights!!! I realize my ESC is under the battery tray but that still should not make the ESC completely overheat and spew brown crap out of the capacitors. I even had the timing set to low which should help the ESC to operate cooler. Really bummed. Now Castle will have 3 of my ESC's. 2 ICE 100's and an ICE 80HV

S

Are you guys using the data logger to monitor things????????? Under thr battery tray i have hit over 200 degrees, dont be so quick to blame the esc.....
bri6672 is offline Find More Posts by bri6672
Old Oct 01, 2011, 03:00 AM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
3,853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bri6672 View Post
Are you guys using the data logger to monitor things????????? Under thr battery tray i have hit over 200 degrees, dont be so quick to blame the esc.....
He already mentioned his ESC hit 240* under the battery tray..he also mentioned he is going to change the location of his ESC and will report back his findings. We'll see. CC ESC's dont have a good reputation amongst EDF guys in the last 4-5 months,so to the blame the ESC immediately is by no means an impetuous thought.Good Luck Smaze.. Read Post #6148
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Old Oct 01, 2011, 03:15 AM
Soggy Scotland
Central Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
837 Posts
Sorry to hear about the ESC probs Skyline and glad HH are sorting you out.

I was just starting going through this thread to see where folks are mounting their ESCs. Noted!!
pilotrcuk is offline Find More Posts by pilotrcuk
Old Oct 01, 2011, 03:22 AM
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
Jeez Skyline

I am so very sorry to hear about your ESC

Glad that HH is going to help you with it.

I just received my CC HC 120 ESC yesterday.

Hope you get your Habu32 very soonish in the air again.

NS
neversommer is offline Find More Posts by neversommer
Old Oct 01, 2011, 03:40 AM
Joined Aug 2009
1,231 Posts
hi,

question,i noticed my habu pulled a bit up on full throtlle , do you guy's mix throttle to elevator to prevent this or can it be the cg, at 110mm now.

-kristof-
krikkens is offline Find More Posts by krikkens
Old Oct 01, 2011, 03:40 AM
Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
481 Posts
Skyline!..Sorry to hear that,I WAS going to use my new 100 in my 8S H-32.
But now....

Andy.
hypstar is offline Find More Posts by hypstar
Old Oct 01, 2011, 04:10 AM
San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
2,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACATTACK View Post
He already mentioned his ESC hit 240* under the battery tray..he also mentioned he is going to change the location of his ESC and will report back his findings. We'll see. CC ESC's dont have a good reputation amongst EDF guys in the last 4-5 months,so to the blame the ESC immediately is by no means an impetuous thought.Good Luck Smaze.. Read Post #6148
First off, i was not specifically asking about his. Just an fyi, 250 is melt down on most brands of esc, soooo if the esc was never moved then that is not the esc failing thats user error. For the people that have had esc failure where are you mounting it and what temps are you getting? People are so quick to report failure with out looking closely at the situation
Old Oct 01, 2011, 04:14 AM
San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
2,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypstar View Post
Skyline!..Sorry to hear that,I WAS going to use my new 100 in my 8S H-32.
But now....

Andy.
The sky is falling, come on guys do some reaserch before immediatly blaming the product. Not saying yhat they are not bad esc's but it seems more prominent when used in the habu so lets look at thay for a minute!
Old Oct 01, 2011, 04:47 AM
Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
481 Posts
bri....too many reports now(that it for me),I know examples of ESC that have had no issues with any placement in the H-32.
and what about the logger...No,...for me.. that is not the way things should be..
I got a mail from CC when I brought up that issue:

"You have to have in mind that this is for hobby use only"

Now..how anyone sets their timing/PWM and so on..that is another story..there is a lot of power choises(motor fan comb.)for the ICE.

I`m NOT attacing CC!This is just my opinion..and for me what I heard and seen..I`m not putting a CC in my 2:nd H-32 or in the new F-4

Thank`s..

Andy.
hypstar is offline Find More Posts by hypstar
Old Oct 01, 2011, 05:43 AM
The Greater Bay Area
Joined Sep 2008
3,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamnitpete View Post
take this garbage somewhere else.
Garbabge is what my wife ask me to take out here a there while i'm building

Til you know of what you speak of keep your mouth quiet about qouting something to me.

But my question is it's really funny how someone can be quick to call so one a shill when there the one's really doing some begging in Pm's.

That person knows what i'm talking about i poked they jumped Thats all. I never qouted anyone but i guess animosity made them speak the way they did

One thing i do know fo'show is that no one will every say the chit they type on this internet playground to my face inperson
FlyBoyTha1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyBoyTha1
Old Oct 01, 2011, 05:55 AM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBoyTha1 View Post
Garbabge is what my wife ask me to take out here a there while i'm building

Til you know of what you speak of keep your mouth quiet about qouting something to me.

But my question is it's really funny how someone can be quick to call so one a shill when there the one's really doing some begging in Pm's.

That person knows what i'm talking about i poked they jumped Thats all. I never qouted anyone but i guess animosity made them speak the way they did

One thing i do know fo'show is that no one will every say the chit they type on this internet playground to my face inperson
Take this garbage elsewhere.
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete
Old Oct 01, 2011, 05:59 AM
The Greater Bay Area
Joined Sep 2008
3,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamnitpete View Post
Take this garbage elsewhere.
Let me let the good information keep rolling in this thread my bad
FlyBoyTha1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyBoyTha1
Old Oct 01, 2011, 06:00 AM