HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 24, 2011, 11:31 PM
Nampa, ID
Joined Oct 2009
682 Posts
Ron,
Nice write up on the SM 80. Any idea on when these will be available? I checked Stu's website but they are not listed. I did send him an email but no word back yet.

I just got my H32 and am itching for a powerplant.
nippaero is offline Find More Posts by nippaero
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2011, 11:45 PM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,254 Posts
Quote:
Ron,
Nice write up on the SM 80. Any idea on when these will be available? I checked Stu's website but they are not listed. I did send him an email but no word back yet.

I just got my H32 and am itching for a powerplant

Thanks bud, I now billy at usarcjets.com had about 10... not sure if they gone. Stu has been away from home...I'm sure when he gets back he will be cranking them out. He is always really good at getting back to emails I'm sure it's due to his travels. So give him a bit, this fan is really amazing!!

I'm in love with it
Ron101 is offline Find More Posts by Ron101
Old Sep 24, 2011, 11:46 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,848 Posts
How's that Habu build coming along B.? If I need to pick it up, let me know.
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Oct 2014
Old Sep 24, 2011, 11:51 PM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,254 Posts
Quote:
How's that Habu build coming along B.? If I need to pick it up, let me know.

build? coming along? does bob still have that thing how can you call this a build
I put mine together in two nights, come on Bob get that baby done
Old Sep 25, 2011, 12:12 AM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,848 Posts
Ron,
This one has a DS-44 (85mm) in it. So there were a few mods required.
Since I can't build (eeeer, assemble) 3 new jets in 2-3 weeks. I comissioned 2 of them out.
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Oct 2014
Old Sep 25, 2011, 06:01 AM
Dublin Ireland
Joined Aug 2005
858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron101 View Post
build? coming along? does bob still have that thing how can you call this a build
I put mine together in two nights, come on Bob get that baby done
hi Ron
I don't know how you guys do it. TWO NIGHTS AND ITS DONE? it take me that to get the box open and the bits out!!!!!
Then I always hit an obstacle that has to be overcome. This usually takes about a week of searches to find the answer here. But I suoopse that's half the fun. I have to say the Habu instructions are great.
Thanks
Steve
STEVEAIR2 is online now Find More Posts by STEVEAIR2
Last edited by STEVEAIR2; Sep 25, 2011 at 06:55 AM.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 09:14 AM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,254 Posts
Quote:
hi Ron
I don't know how you guys do it. TWO NIGHTS AND ITS DONE? it take me that to get the box open and the bits out!!!!!
Then I always hit an obstacle that has to be overcome. This usually takes about a week of searches to find the answer here. But I suoopse that's half the fun. I have to say the Habu instructions are great.
Thanks
Steve
Just think of all the ARF's I've had to crash to get that fast at slapping them together
Most of the time I'm pretty slow, but when I really want to whip them out I can... for me it comes down to locking myself out in the shop until it's done.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 11:58 AM
Canada, AB, Spruce Grove
Joined Nov 2006
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypstar View Post
i have to straighten out the eflite gear after every flight

rod..even with the original wire?(not the ones that comes with the retracts)

Andy.
hi Andy. i went with the eflite 15-25 retracts from the start so not sure on the durability of the habu's included gear. i also oversized/oblonged the wells a bit just in case. last thing i want to happen is for one to hang up when i need them down
rod22 is offline Find More Posts by rod22
Old Sep 25, 2011, 01:16 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
4,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyBoy49 View Post
Love the F-4
Hey ZACATTACK how's the flyin
Flying Helis only for two weekends now Rick.My Habu32-DF is waiting for a new Nose Gear retract"Out of Stock". Putting together a 5S Foamy Habu now and waiting on my 70mm Sapac Viper Jet to come up from Florida aswell.Im in kind of a rutt with my EDF Jets and really miss flying the Habu. Im actually starting to get pretty good on the sticks...landings are getting smoother and throttle management coming along,I have a heavy thumb. Want to see your BVM Electra fly Rick..gorgeous Jet...
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Old Sep 25, 2011, 01:53 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,916 Posts
I built my Habu in one day, but that is all I did that day from morning to night. I think James can build two in one day!
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 25, 2011, 03:52 PM
Hit Me! Please!
Provo, UT
Joined Jan 2005
3,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rod22 View Post
hi Andy. i went with the eflite 15-25 retracts from the start so not sure on the durability of the habu's included gear. i also oversized/oblonged the wells a bit just in case. last thing i want to happen is for one to hang up when i need them down
I think the reason he asked is that the Habu kit came with extra strong struts to be used in place of those that came with the 15-25 retracts. That should have helped the bending problem.
jwjohnson is offline Find More Posts by jwjohnson
Old Sep 25, 2011, 04:10 PM
Dublin Ireland
Joined Aug 2005
858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
I built my Habu in one day, but that is all I did that day from morning to night. I think James can build two in one day!
Hi Jim
I spent all day yesterday on mine and got the wings done. This does not include the retracts.
Who has the fastest build on a Habu. How long did it take? Was it all stock items or did you make changes.Oh, and it had to last the first flight.
Cheers
Steve.
STEVEAIR2 is online now Find More Posts by STEVEAIR2
Old Sep 25, 2011, 05:25 PM
Joined Jun 2011
134 Posts
There is no way anyone is building a Habu in 1 day and having things done right! I dont care who you are?! Yes it may be able to be "thrown" together in a day but thats about it. I would love to see the "quality" in a 12hr. build Whats the rush anyway? If you take your time and make things right you wont be bringing your airplane home in a box
Boothcj is offline Find More Posts by Boothcj
Old Sep 25, 2011, 05:44 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,916 Posts
Mine is mint and built right. I flew mine again today.

While 5 and 30 minute epoxy is drying, you can skip steps to complete other parts. I can't imagine waiting for the epoxy to dry before proceeding to another step (perhaps not in order even). You can make linkages, gear doors, install electronics, etc. There is a lot that you can be doing, so there should be no lull period.

I am sure that James in Tam's shop can build one in a day, and maybe get through two of them. He has built 30+ of these.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 25, 2011, 06:00 PM
Hey Ya'll!! Watch THIS!!
Nashville TN.
Joined Mar 2006
2,555 Posts
I've taken as much as 6 weeks to build a plane....HP F-16 in fact. But only because of taking time to make decisions about mods.
I've also built a foamy arf at the field and flown it.
So I really don't think there is a right and wrong way....Just preferences.
PAX
Michael Paxton is offline Find More Posts by Michael Paxton