Joined Sep 2010
4,815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydve76 View Post
6 pole motor.

Yes I run wot alot becauze its slow.

btw, altitude would affect both habus.
whats the kv?

keep in mind that speed is relative to size of the aircraft. the 32 is bigger and thus will seem like its going slower but it isn't and conversly the smaller Habu going 100 will seem the same as the bigger 32 doing 115. take the two videos I posted the PZ Habu looks faster in the video than the 32 video but its 20mph slower bottom line is you need to doppler it, radar it, or gps it before you really know whats going on
jcdfrd is online now Find More Posts by jcdfrd
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2011, 07:17 PM
More jets than a carburetor
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2008
2,809 Posts
skydve76 is online now Find More Posts by skydve76
Old Sep 20, 2011, 07:21 PM
San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
2,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
whats the kv?

keep in mind that speed is relative to size of the aircraft. the 32 is bigger and thus will seem like its going slower but it isn't and conversly the smaller Habu going 100 will seem the same as the bigger 32 doing 115. take the two videos I posted the PZ Habu looks faster in the video than the 32 video but its 20mph slower bottom line is you need to doppler it, radar it, or gps it before you really know whats going on

I agree but something is not right! It is such a noticable difference in mine that something has to be off! I am think its at least 20-30mph faster, I also have the stock foam habu system in an HET F-20 and it is a bit faster than the foam habu but still no comparison to the 32!
bri6672 is offline Find More Posts by bri6672
Old Sep 20, 2011, 07:29 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bri6672 View Post
I agree but something is not right! It is such a noticable difference in mine that something has to be off! I am think its at least 20-30mph faster, I also have the stock foam habu system in an HET F-20 and it is a bit faster than the foam habu but still no comparison to the 32!
well after looking at the data I think its altitude, no retracts (drag) and perception

by the way Bob rpm is 43k peak dropping to 39k and peak amps are 80 dropping to 70 and voltage is holding above 3.7 throughout the flight
Old Sep 20, 2011, 07:33 PM
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2008
2,809 Posts
Quote:
by the way Bob rpm is 43k peak dropping to 39k and peak amps are 80 dropping to 65 and voltage is holding above 3.7 throughout the flight
Is this good or bad?
Old Sep 20, 2011, 07:35 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,815 Posts
Quote:
Is this good or bad?
seems right in line too me
Old Sep 20, 2011, 07:39 PM
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2008
2,809 Posts
Quote:
seems right in line too me
Ok well atleast that is sorted out. When I flew with the foamy he kept cutting inside the circuit but on the straight legs I wasnt pullling away much.

Perception perhaps but I have the e-flite pogo and that blows this this thing away.

I think I will give it another try, let someone fly my foamie and try to keep the curcuits clean.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 07:41 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,240 Posts
A Pogo? Man something is whack for sure
rvincent is offline Find More Posts by rvincent
Old Sep 20, 2011, 07:44 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Sep 2007
1,760 Posts
It would be easier and more accurate to get a video of each and have someone on here doppler it. The planes are a different size... it would be hard to keep them in the same circuit. You might think you are but the bigger habu 32 could be going out further.
tulz43 is online now Find More Posts by tulz43
Old Sep 20, 2011, 07:44 PM
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2008
2,809 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvincent View Post
A Pogo? Man something is whack for sure
My pogo is about 110 mph and I can tell in flight its way faster.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 07:49 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Dec 2009
1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulz43 View Post
Nope. I just have a little one from Garmin. Records max speed among other things. Come to the basin and we can see what the mega does!
Ok I'm coming out Friday. Will you be there?

S
smaze17 is offline Find More Posts by smaze17
Old Sep 20, 2011, 07:55 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,815 Posts
Quote:
My pogo is about 110 mph and I can tell in flight its way faster.
you mean it seems faster

do you have a smart phone? if you do then download RC Speedo its a Doppler app that works very good, other wise take some video and make passes at wot of at least 4sec entry straight and level and 4sec exit, hold the throttle thru the entire pass and I can doppler it for you or anyone else for that matter
I would bet your pogo and PZ habu are slower than you think and your Habu32 is faster than you think, just a friendly bet of course this happens all the time small planes look faster than they actually are and bigger planes look slower than they actually are
Old Sep 20, 2011, 08:19 PM
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
Miramar, FL
Joined Aug 2008
2,561 Posts
Quote:
you mean it seems faster

do you have a smart phone? if you do then download RC Speedo its a Doppler app that works very good, other wise take some video and make passes at wot of at least 4sec entry straight and level and 4sec exit, hold the throttle thru the entire pass and I can doppler it for you or anyone else for that matter
I would bet your pogo and PZ habu are slower than you think and your Habu32 is faster than you think, just a friendly bet of course this happens all the time small planes look faster than they actually are and bigger planes look slower than they actually are
Wow, 4s each way, that's a pretty ambitious pass, at 120MPH (176fps) you are talking about 700ft towards you and 700ft away from you. Certainly doable but the plane will be small on final turn and on pull out. A couple of seconds each way is probably enough for a good doppler pass.

- Birger
bdelapen is online now Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 20, 2011, 08:24 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,240 Posts
Yes 1 1/2 seconds will work as long as the throttle is not touched but 2 seconds is ideal.
rvincent is offline Find More Posts by rvincent
Old Sep 20, 2011, 08:26 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,815 Posts
yes but if you tell them 4 sec you'll get two