to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2010, 01:41 AM
David
San Francisco, CA
Joined Sep 2004
648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash goodly View Post
who makes the vampire and do you carry it? it's on the want one of list. please and thanks.

https://www.espritmodel.com/index.as...D&ProdID=12225
dno264 is offline Find More Posts by dno264
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Alfa Airacobra
Old Sep 17, 2010, 01:56 AM
Joined Apr 2009
2,582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dno264 View Post
thanks.. checked them today, but they are out of stock on it, i shall sit on my wallet until the H32 comes out.
crash goodly is offline Find More Posts by crash goodly
Old Sep 17, 2010, 10:06 PM
Quest for Speed!!!
Fremont,CA
Joined Aug 2005
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzuniga View Post
I want one!!!! I have a TJ80 on order for it
Z
is there a tj80 that i not know off???

thanks
Mike_eee is offline Find More Posts by Mike_eee
Old Sep 18, 2010, 11:30 AM
Danville, NH
Joined Mar 2009
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~KevJ~ View Post
Let's not be too overly concerned about that yet , I'd just like to know what the airframe and fan cost , as others have said it depends where you shop and also what the particular buyer can afford to finish it off with .. Also it's not an entry level jet is it and when you break it down with real life cost of all the good servos(6+) , esc's ,motors , fans, retracts , airframe , full range rx , ubec etc etc that is up there anyway.. Most ppl don't put crap in planes flying 130mph + .. I remember lots of ppl saying the gen 1 habu was expensive too but they are still selling them? I think it's great that they are looking to improve the gap between say a ss90 or sapac 70 and the likes of the carf sparks and bvm products. I'm looking for a jet ATM and I like the sapacs(will probably buy the hawk while I wait for habu) but have 3 70mm's already and I'm scared to invest in a sniper 90 cause of quality reasons and I can't afford an Electra at present nor am I ready for one what do I buy? (no more foam please )... And then along came habu 32 .. God Is listening ..

Im hearing you on this..I have a turbine jet and was looking for something as an everyday flier at my local field..I did buy a sapac l-39, but still very small. I love my habu, but wanted something with flaps, retracts, and a little bigger and lot faster..This seems very much a step in the right direction.Would have liked something a little bigger though.But who the hell can afford a BVM electra as an in between..I cant..It also seems I'm doing more building than flying. Hopefully this is something you buy all the parts and just put her together..sick of mods..1200 is also horizons quote..Do some shopping and you will reduce that...Still need to see it fly though..Where;s the vids?????????
LTR450 is offline Find More Posts by LTR450
Old Sep 18, 2010, 08:30 PM
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Dec 1996
7,929 Posts
I was thinking it was the same size but now I see 7 lbs and a 6s 5000 pack...bigger is better!

I don't however like the 80mm fan size, that's oddball, and the 28mm motor will limit the motor size and thus power. 90mm is more of a standard. Oh well I have too many models to build as it is.
Ed Waldrep is offline Find More Posts by Ed Waldrep
Last edited by Ed Waldrep; Sep 18, 2010 at 08:39 PM.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 11:42 PM
Capitalist
United States, CA, Redding
Joined Sep 2008
1,884 Posts
My theory is they went with 80mm so you would have to buy the new Delta fan for it, instead of a hobbyking fan
fnlrun is offline Find More Posts by fnlrun
Old Sep 18, 2010, 11:50 PM
San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
2,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnlrun View Post
My theory is they went with 80mm so you would have to buy the new Delta fan for it, instead of a hobbyking fan
More likely they dont want to loose sales to the Wemotec fan, dont really think you would call hobby king competition for them. The Wemo Midi Pro is such a solid and proven fan that it would mostly likely be a big amount of competition for the delta.
bri6672 is offline Find More Posts by bri6672
Old Sep 19, 2010, 12:48 AM
Joined Apr 2009
2,582 Posts
now that 80mm fans are sprouting up everywhere a twin 80mm model must be on the HORIZON. that would be nice of some HOBBY company to do that for us. nudge, nudge, wink, wink.
crash goodly is offline Find More Posts by crash goodly
Old Sep 19, 2010, 04:46 AM
Schofields, Sydney
Joined Oct 2009
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bri6672 View Post
More likely they dont want to loose sales to the Wemotec fan, dont really think you would call hobby king competition for them. The Wemo Midi Pro is such a solid and proven fan that it would mostly likely be a big amount of competition for the delta.
yeah it sure feels that way, it would have been nicer in a standard 90(from our point of view.. existing parts, competetive pricing and proven powerhouse combo's) thats for sure but i guess we will just have to have faith that their 80mm fan + available 28mm motors + the glassed "32" airframe are going to produce blistering speed and awesome verticals because lets face it thats what we want!

thing that im liking is that by the sounds of the EJETS demo they have already proven they have the combo set! Like LTR450 said tho.. where's the vids !! ?????????????? ...pretty please..

side note:
nice to see it popping up on a website already .. cmon eflite may as well throw it up early for us ..

http://www.espritmodel.com/index.asp...&Category=1045
~KevJ~ is offline Find More Posts by ~KevJ~
Last edited by ~KevJ~; Sep 19, 2010 at 04:56 AM.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 10:37 AM
Capitalist
Joined Sep 2008
1,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bri6672 View Post
I will guarentee you that HK sells more product annually than HH does.
I would also go out on a limb to say Wemotec was not the deciding factor...
Old Sep 19, 2010, 10:53 AM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
United States, TX, Garland
Joined May 2005
3,339 Posts
IMO,this is one of the very few jets that come stock with perfect amount of power.I upgrade almost everything I have,but when I saw this one flying at E-Jets many times,its performance was stellar!Rock solid flights with great verticle.I could not see much of an improvment switching this setup to something better,its just that good.Joe
fh64_lucky is online now Find More Posts by fh64_lucky
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 19, 2010, 11:36 AM
Time for me to fly...
St Paul, In
Joined May 2008
298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fh64_lucky View Post
IMO,this is one of the very few jets that come stock with perfect amount of power.I upgrade almost everything I have,but when I saw this one flying at E-Jets many times,its performance was stellar!Rock solid flights with great verticle.I could not see much of an improvment switching this setup to something better,its just that good.Joe
I agree Joe. They flew the crap out of it all weekend and it just looked great.
penceaviation is offline Find More Posts by penceaviation
Old Sep 19, 2010, 11:39 AM
Capitalist
Joined Sep 2008
1,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fh64_lucky View Post
I was thinking more along the lines of coast savings.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 11:58 AM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
United States, TX, Garland
Joined May 2005
3,339 Posts
Well,I am not sure how it will be sold,airframe only,yes you could save some money,but if you bought it as a plug n play,the stock power plant is something you wont have to upgrade.Being as it is,I would not "cheap out"to much on this one,it really is worth the lil bit extra money to have a sytem that works great and is very reliable,this one is no foamy! Joe
fh64_lucky is online now Find More Posts by fh64_lucky
RCG Plus Member