HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 02, 2011, 06:16 PM
Registered User
Tamjets's Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydve76 View Post
scratching is from takeoff or landing?
Gear snap on hard landing and nose and wing be the first to scrape the ground.
The stabs normal from over flare.
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2011, 06:21 PM
More jets than a carburetor
skydve76's Avatar
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2008
2,809 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamjets View Post
Gear snap on hard landing and nose and wing be the first to scrape the ground.
The stabs normal from over flare.
I wonder, on foam habu tail is above wing, on habu 32 tail is below wing, do you know why?
skydve76 is offline Find More Posts by skydve76
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 02, 2011, 06:37 PM
Registered User
Tamjets's Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydve76 View Post
I wonder, on foam habu tail is above wing, on habu 32 tail is below wing, do you know why?
Easy to manufactor....
Foam HABU is machine make and the HABU is hand made.
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 02, 2011, 06:48 PM
More jets than a carburetor
skydve76's Avatar
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2008
2,809 Posts
ok got my numbers. Using stock power system, and a well used FlightMax 6s 5000mah lipo, it is a 20 C.

Average over Several WOT runs.
21V
82.5A
38233 rpm

How does my cheap lipo perform?
skydve76 is offline Find More Posts by skydve76
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 02, 2011, 07:20 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamjets View Post
Jim
Before you go nut on this. Efflux had to do of volume of air can push out the tail pipe. I built turbine exhaust tube and trust me efflux and thrust I had it down.
Tam, I already have your pipe for this application.

I am going to use my Lambert turbine in this plane. The total weight of the turbine w/electronics, pump, etc. and about 8 minutes of fuel is only 20oz. (that's about 9oz less than a 6S5000mAh pack).

3 3/4 pounds of thrust at 790MPH efflux. It should go as fast as the EDF version and weigh a few pounds less. I just like the long flight times, and smell is cool too!
JimDrew is online now Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 02, 2011, 07:38 PM
Registered User
Tamjets's Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Tam, I already have your pipe for this application.

I am going to use my Lambert turbine in this plane. The total weight of the turbine w/electronics, pump, etc. and about 8 minutes of fuel is only 20oz. (that's about 9oz less than a 6S5000mAh pack).

3 3/4 pounds of thrust at 790MPH efflux. It should go as fast as the EDF version and weigh a few pounds less. I just like the long flight times, and smell is cool too!
Look up the P-20 video....
TJ80 8s are faster at the begining of the flight.
P-20 get top speed at the end of the flight 152.
Average is 140 when still had a lot fuel to burn off.
That is 5.5 bls of thrust and had 24oz of fuel onboard.
The dry weight is 6.9lbs and with 24 oz of fuel is 7.9 lbs take off weight.
That is the same weight as TJ80 on 8s 4200mAh.
That give you an idea where your will be at.

Habu 32 Jetcat-Tamjets P-20 conversion.wmv (8 min 22 sec)
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 02, 2011, 08:29 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2009
21 Posts
Has anyone drink Habu Soki? I'm taking a trip to atsugi japan and going to bring some back here is a picture of it It's insane!!! here is a video of it also
Habu Sake (1 min 1 sec)
jaytheguy is offline Find More Posts by jaytheguy
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 02, 2011, 08:31 PM
Registered User
Jetnfast's Avatar
United States, MO, Warrensburg
Joined Feb 2008
2,251 Posts
Wow! I just finished a 3 year tour at Misawa up north and never saw that, looks more like something you would find in Bangkok!
Jetnfast is offline Find More Posts by Jetnfast
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 02, 2011, 09:19 PM
Registered User
GPstar87's Avatar
United States, WV, Wayne
Joined Jun 2011
41 Posts
Hey Tam. You mentioned a few pages back that you were going to be at Jets Over Kentucky. What days do you plan on being there?

Jason
GPstar87 is offline Find More Posts by GPstar87
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 02, 2011, 10:00 PM
Registered User
Tamjets's Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPstar87 View Post
Hey Tam. You mentioned a few pages back that you were going to be at Jets Over Kentucky. What days do you plan on being there?

Jason
I be there on wednesday evening.
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 02, 2011, 10:04 PM
SoCal, Year Round Flying!
bmiller's Avatar
Newport Beach, CA
Joined May 2002
5,745 Posts
Went out late, suns gettin low, only got 1 flight on 7S 5000s, no problems.
We tried but couldn't temp check the motor with the stock fans bullet fairing covering the motor.
Metered setup after flight with a fresh 7S pack.
92Amps
2400Watts
bmiller is offline Find More Posts by bmiller
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 02, 2011, 10:24 PM
Registered User
Tamjets's Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmiller View Post
Went out late, suns gettin low, only got 1 flight on 7S 5000s, no problems.
We tried but couldn't temp check the motor with the stock fans bullet fairing covering the motor.
Metered setup after flight with a fresh 7S pack.
92Amps
2400Watts
Me too...
Just got back in the shop from flying.
Funny you and I doing the same 7s set up.

I flew my TJ80 with E-Flite rotor 1509 3D motor.
6s 2.2kw at 97A
7s 2.8kw at 117A

I do like this set up to kept the plane light and performance not bad.
Is not fast like the 8s set up. But for fun is good overall.

After 5 minutes and land.
I still had 45-50% left on my pack.
6s 6000mAh
7s 5000mAh
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 02, 2011, 11:32 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,680 Posts
I should be 5 1/2 pounds full of fuel and just under 5 pounds empty. 10oz of fuel is 8 minutes of flying time with the Lambert... how cute.
JimDrew is online now Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 02, 2011, 11:39 PM
Registered User
Tamjets's Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
I should be 5 1/2 pounds full of fuel and just under 5 pounds empty. 10oz of fuel is 8 minutes of flying time with the Lambert... how cute.
5.5 lbs with fuel....you must had that HABU strip down to bare bone.
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 03, 2011, 12:06 AM
More jets than a carburetor
skydve76's Avatar
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2008
2,809 Posts
what is good rpm for stock setup
skydve76 is offline Find More Posts by skydve76
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Fiberglass Habu Airframe Calvin_220 Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 92 Nov 10, 2012 02:53 AM
Sold New in box Habu EDF PNP flyboy1945 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 2 Aug 01, 2010 08:24 PM
Discussion ESC very HOT - Sorry the discussion is moved to the Habu thread SalamSyed Foamy EDFs 0 Mar 20, 2010 11:15 PM
New Product New Fiberglass EDF Jets!!! Starfire + EDF Trainer nitroplanes Nitro Planes 0 Jan 24, 2009 09:58 AM
Discussion Baja SS Speculation and hopup thread. DaveESPI Large Scale Cars 3 Feb 03, 2008 07:39 PM