SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 21, 2011, 05:06 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Sep 2007
1,800 Posts
Hey Tam - does the shaft work in the stock housing and on stock motor?
tulz43 is offline Find More Posts by tulz43
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2011, 05:15 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamjets View Post
Hey guys,

Last night at machine shop precision checking the good stock shaft is +/-0.0002".
Our shaft are -/0.0001". If anyone know machining. That is true precision number.

TIA
BTW, I'm load up the shaft in 15 minutes for those like order. Only got small batch done. Ran out material. More be make next few days.
http://www.tamjets.com/original/prod...roducts_id=586
Precision to .0001"

What does that mean?
Is it the ID to OD concentricity? Is it TIR or the the other?
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Last edited by efflux RC; Jun 21, 2011 at 05:32 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Jun 21, 2011, 06:25 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux RC View Post
Precision to .0001"

What does that mean?
Is it the ID to OD concentricity? Is it TIR or the the other?
The shaft true precission .0000"
When install to the motor. It off by -.0001"
This base on motor shaft true precission.
Motor shaft are variable from .1963" -.1966" OD
So the two parts off from each anywhere from .0001-.0003"
Fine tune the shaft ID that only allow to the lowest number is the key of precission machining.

Now..it your turn to give some number of your dyanamic method.
You can email me if don't want to show it here.
I'm interested to see how that homemade balancer goes works.
From my understand that is not how it balance.
Rotor must balance by itself dynamic.
Motor must be dynamic balance itself and shaft must be true center to be call truthly dynamic piece of ART's.
You can't balance all together because the motor and rotor offset each other during balancing.
So every RPM change also chance the balancing point.
Even you got it balance O.K. to run.
But by taking a rotor out and put it back on at different location.
Your are out of balance again because the motor is offset with the rotor.
Correct me if I'm wrong on this and why.
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
Last edited by Tamjets; Jun 21, 2011 at 06:38 PM.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 06:47 PM
Watt me worry?
Florida
Joined Mar 2006
3,999 Posts
I have a Habu on order and have read thru this thread with interest. Thanks for all the heads up on the plane.

One thing I have learned in my years of flying electics(both prop and Edf)is to do what is proven to work.....in other words don't plant your plane in the ground because you won't do what is proven. One such thing is using the BEC in the controller.......I never use the controller BECs......... rather I use either the 1100mah A-123 or 2300mah A-123 onboard pack. In conjunction with the A-123 packs I NEVER use an on/off switch....I plug the batteries directly. SO far I have not had a crash due to power failure to the rx.
Madmax1965 is online now Find More Posts by Madmax1965
Old Jun 21, 2011, 07:07 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
4,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax1965 View Post
I have a Habu on order and have read thru this thread with interest. Thanks for all the heads up on the plane.

One thing I have learned in my years of flying electics(both prop and Edf)is to do what is proven to work.....in other words don't plant your plane in the ground because you won't do what is proven. One such thing is using the BEC in the controller.......I never use the controller BECs......... rather I use either the 1100mah A-123 or 2300mah A-123 onboard pack. In conjunction with the A-123 packs I NEVER use an on/off switch....I plug the batteries directly. SO far I have not had a crash due to power failure to the rx.
Isn't the 2300 Mah a little heavy for the Habu?? I read some where that that 1100 mah was a little too heavy aswell?? Any Ideas on the size to install on the Habu??The LiFe pack is the redundency system I'm going with..I have them in all my Helis and I really like them! ( Life Packs)
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Last edited by ZACATTACK; Jun 21, 2011 at 08:40 PM.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 07:33 PM
Richmond B.C. Canada
Joined Aug 2006
572 Posts
Zac, I am only using 25-35ma out of 2s lipo per 3.5min flight on my Habu. My Habu is almost 8lbs, the Duralite reg and 2s lipo I am using weigh 45 grams and I have/am using the same reg on my Trex 600 and TT E620se 12s.Mind you with a little bigger 2s lipo. Your heli's require much more ma, especialy if you 3d.
172AMD is offline Find More Posts by 172AMD
Old Jun 21, 2011, 07:53 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
4,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 172AMD View Post
Zac, I am only using 25-35ma out of 2s lipo per 3.5min flight on my Habu. My Habu is almost 8lbs, the Duralite reg and 2s lipo I am using weigh 45 grams and I have/am using the same reg on my Trex 600 and TT E620se 12s.Mind you with a little bigger 2s lipo. Your heli's require much more ma, especialy if you 3d.
What size Lipo are you using?? 25-35Mah? do you not mean 250-350 mah?? Is it the 6V Reg. from Duralite?/ Thanx!
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Old Jun 21, 2011, 08:06 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulz43 View Post
Hey Tam - does the shaft work in the stock housing and on stock motor?
I'm showing you in a minutes.
I got the stock fan and motor.
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
Old Jun 21, 2011, 08:30 PM
Joined Jun 2011
134 Posts
Radio Setup

Anyone out there running a 9303/9503 radio in there habu? Are you guys setting up different flight modes as far as dual rates go or are you using the actual d/r switches for the channel? Also, are you using the flaperon setup to mix crow in with flaps? Thanks a bunch

-Carl
Boothcj is offline Find More Posts by Boothcj
Old Jun 21, 2011, 08:48 PM
Got Adrenaline?
Ruskin, FL
Joined Mar 2009
212 Posts
I have a DX7 tx, I'm using flaperons to mix in the crow on mines and as far as dual rates it's running on just 1 switch.
TheRook76 is offline Find More Posts by TheRook76
Old Jun 21, 2011, 09:23 PM
Joined Jun 2011
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRook76 View Post
I have a DX7 tx, I'm using flaperons to mix in the crow on mines and as far as dual rates it's running on just 1 switch.
Thanks for your response. Now when you drop your flaps does your ailerons go up or do you have your crow set on another switch? Thanks again

-Carl
Boothcj is offline Find More Posts by Boothcj
Old Jun 21, 2011, 09:50 PM
Peoria, Illinois, United States
Joined Sep 2003
430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothcj View Post
Anyone out there running a 9303/9503 radio in there habu? Are you guys setting up different flight modes as far as dual rates go or are you using the actual d/r switches for the channel? Also, are you using the flaperon setup to mix crow in with flaps? Thanks a bunch

-Carl
Carl,

I have my three flight modes controlled by the one flight mode switch. I have the flaps set with no crow, just a slight change to the elevator with each flap setting. I did change the speed of the flap servo to 1.88 seconds up and down. I like the slow change. I fly with the 9303.

Jim
jfassino is offline Find More Posts by jfassino
Old Jun 21, 2011, 10:02 PM
Richmond B.C. Canada
Joined Aug 2006
572 Posts
Zac, I am using a 450mah 2s pack. After a 3.5 min flight put back 25-35ma on recharge. Yes 6v duralite regulator.
172AMD is offline Find More Posts by 172AMD
Last edited by 172AMD; Jun 22, 2011 at 02:39 AM.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 10:23 PM
Got Adrenaline?
Ruskin, FL
Joined Mar 2009
212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothcj View Post
Thanks for your response. Now when you drop your flaps does your ailerons go up or do you have your crow set on another switch? Thanks again

-Carl
It goes up when the flaps go down. I fly off a paved runway so no need for me to use take off flaps. Slight crow on mid flap and more on full flap. On full flap and crow I come in no power at a steep down angle and flair right before touch down with a touch of power and she floats in. There's tall trees on one side of the runway so it's hard to have a long approach when the winds blowing east bound.
TheRook76 is offline Find More Posts by TheRook76
Old Jun 21, 2011, 11:52 PM
United States, CA, Palm Desert
Joined Jan 2009
137 Posts
set up for crow

Does the crow basically keep the jet from tip stalling on slow approaches? Also, I'm using a Futaba 8FG, so do I need to set it up as 2 ailerons and 2 flaps, which would use 4 channels? I would like to separate my rudder and nose wheel steering too, so I don't think I have enough channels. I guess I could use a 14 channel rx and upgrade (by downloading to get 14 channels on the 8FG, not sure if it's possible. any help is greatly appreciated. Maybe I'll just use a 7 channel receiver and just Y-harness everything and forget about the crow. Is it really a benefit? thanks Stephan
stmbike is offline Find More Posts by stmbike