HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 18, 2011, 01:25 AM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,847 Posts
man that thing was smokin!!!

well I kinda started an edf craze at our field so I could probably bring 4 or 5 guys to tomcats in sept my F18 should be done. sounds like fun let me know. you may remember Gary G. he said he used to fly with you before you lost your mind in EDF. I actually got him to try edf jets and now he's flying an LX mig29 twin 70mm
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Last edited by jcdfrd; Jun 18, 2011 at 01:31 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2011, 01:32 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
The firt pass was 174 decent from 811 to 291 and we are few hundred above sea level. The other two was 167 and 165 pretty much flat doing laps.

That is 3kw power spin over 53k RPM.
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
Old Jun 18, 2011, 01:42 AM
Anything that gives me a High
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamjets View Post
The firt pass was 174 decent from 811 to 291 and we are few hundred above sea level. The other two was 167 and 165 pretty much flat doing laps.

That is 3kw power spin over 53k RPM.
Sweet run........The fan sounds really cool too
super kupfer is offline Find More Posts by super kupfer
Old Jun 18, 2011, 01:47 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
I'll put the package together over the weeken and do some more test with different motor on 8s.
This is very good set up for top end.
If not need to do over 3kw. No need for TJ80SE version to kept the cost down and still had 160mph Habu.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 02:30 AM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,598 Posts
Get some full flight dopplerable video. You know how. don't forget the ambient temp.
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
Old Jun 18, 2011, 02:43 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux RC View Post
Get some full flight dopplerable video. You know how. don't forget the ambient temp.
GPS device onboard it can tell a lot more than doppler......why do I need to please people like you. Goes to everyone video start doppler and call it that.
If you really care about that much other peoples do. Put your own videos all the speed you claim.
Talking is cheap....did I taught you that in class.

The time you waste on others.
You can do something valuable add to the community...if you in for business to make money.
Last edited by Tamjets; Jun 18, 2011 at 02:49 AM.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 02:54 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Habu nose gear door

Here I put a quick video to show how to the nose gear door mechanical closing by the piano wire.
Habu nose gear door instruction video (1 min 18 sec)
Old Jun 18, 2011, 03:12 AM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
4,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post

well I kinda started an edf craze at our field so I could probably bring 4 or 5 guys to tomcats in sept my F18 should be done. sounds like fun let me know. you may remember Gary G. he said he used to fly with you before you lost your mind in EDF. I actually got him to try edf jets and now he's flying an LX mig29 twin 70mm
You need the piano wire to attach all three Tam?? Is that for alignment? What kind of glue Tam CA or Epoxy?? I have those Hinges coming..going to use a servo ..D. Good stuff Tam.. This is becoming an addiction!!!Your killing my credit Card!!
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Last edited by ZACATTACK; Jun 18, 2011 at 03:22 AM.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 03:20 AM
Joined Aug 2009
8,598 Posts
Tam

We post lots of build/mod threads and helpful tips here on RCG.
I'll get some GPS logger speeds for ya.

Here's the video's. The 163 mph top speed (with our $160 motor in the stock fan) is at the end of the "Hot Laps" video.

http://www.youtube.com/user/effluxRC

So many folks emailed us about getting on a waiting list for the motors that we are allowing them to be backordered again.
The wait can be up to six weeks for the 6s ($150) or the 8s ($160), upgrade motor for the stock E-Flite fan, until MEGA can catch up with our orders.
We now have the E-Flite fans (in stock) and coming to the website, as well as the stock motors coming for those who would be happy a 110-120 mph Habu.
Site Sponsor
Last edited by efflux RC; Jun 18, 2011 at 03:31 AM.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 03:27 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACATTACK View Post
You need the piano wire to attach all three Tam?? Is that for alignment? What kind of glue Tam CA or Epoxy?? I have those Hinges coming..going to use a servo ..D. Good stuff Tam.. This is becoming an addiction!!!
Piano wire can be use as alignment during glue the hinge.
Remember just put tiny drop medium CA to hold it in place.
After that remove and you can either finish with more CA or hysol around the base.
When hinge goes on the door. Raise the hinges with 1/16" plywood. This allow the door stand off higher than the fuse. Otherwise the door bind on the fuse and not get proper closing.

Gear door took little detail attention and patient with it to get it done right.
I had built many aircrafts in the last 15 yrs. Gear door is always the fun parts and it challenge to get all the doors done right.

IF you want to see wicked gear door set up and program radio to make it works. Watch this video.
Tamjets K&A F-100 gear door set up (5 min 32 sec)
Old Jun 18, 2011, 03:31 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
[QUOTE=efflux RC;18531097]We post lots of build/mod threads and helpful tips here on RCG.
I'll get some GPS logger speeds for ya.

Than do that than....
I'm not aim my gun at anyone....just don't pull the barrel in your mouth that is all I'm asking for.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 03:43 AM
Joined Aug 2009
8,598 Posts
LOL. Be nice
If your not going the servo driven door route....the hair bungy really is simpler and cleaner than the wire. I do like the hinges, well get some.
How did you do your mains doors?

For the guys that are going with the stock wire for the E-Flite retracts. I've since changed my wheels from the stock 1 3/4" wheels to our MPI metal rim, 1 1/2" dia. This will help a bit with the wire constantly bending issue.
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
Old Jun 18, 2011, 03:47 AM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
4,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamjets View Post
Piano wire can be use as alignment during glue the hinge.
Remember just put tiny drop medium CA to hold it in place.
After that remove and you can either finish with more CA or hysol around the base.
When hinge goes on the door. Raise the hinges with 1/16" plywood. This allow the door stand off higher than the fuse. Otherwise the door bind on the fuse and not get proper closing.

Gear door took little detail attention and patient with it to get it done right.
I had built many aircrafts in the last 15 yrs. Gear door is always the fun parts and it challenge to get all the doors done right.

IF you want to see wicked gear door set up and program radio to make it works. Watch this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dgq9a-_bZI8
.That's Amazing Stuff..It is like watching the Discovery Channel...Looks really cmplicated..
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Old Jun 18, 2011, 04:10 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Gary.....you can try. I'm not leaving for you had all the fun.
You ask me to pull the trigger.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 04:20 AM
Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfassino View Post
Successful maiden.

I made mine 100% stock, with retracts. Tonight I made the maiden flight on our grass runway. It was a long run with 1/2 flaps but it all worked great. I was most surprised by how slowly it would fly with full flaps.

Second flight was even better. The sky was dark, the humidity high and generally poor conditions but it was loads of fun.

Waiting for the batteries to charge to see how much longer I can fly the Habu on a charge.

Neat. It was worth the wait.

Jim

Congrats on your maiden Jim..

I was testing my E-Flite fan yesterday,very well balansed right out of the box..smooth as silk,Thank`s for that...

//Andy.
hypstar is offline Find More Posts by hypstar