HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 12, 2011, 04:02 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
4,258 Posts
Attachment 4076888
I have a 1409-2Y PNP coming from effluxrc(Thanx Gary). The mounting Tab on the bottom of this picture looks "wacked" out of orientation?? Should'nt the mounting Tabs sit flush on the mountings rails.The Top Tab looks fine,why does'nt the bottom Tab sit flush? Is this a diificult installation? Are you able to install the elevator guide assemblies (L1-L2,R1-R2) back into the original positions after the TJ80 is installed?? Thanx...
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Last edited by ZACATTACK; Jun 20, 2011 at 11:00 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2011, 07:21 PM
Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
481 Posts
Originally Posted by Jayray123
Being that eflite chose to use a screwy motor size, I had to make my own. Started with a HET 9305, but i am hacking up a few others to try and improve overall efficiency. The pics should give a good idea, but if you'd like to know more let me know. It's fun experimenting with various combinations of rotors and housings, the only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to make them take-apartable. Right now they are one shot only gluing into the new housing, each one is custom fit together.

Jay...Ok,I see,That will give me an idea about this,Nice work,keep us informed.

Thank`s

//Andy.
hypstar is offline Find More Posts by hypstar
Old Jun 12, 2011, 09:16 PM
Its a Condition not Addiction
United States, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Jul 2008
2,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamjets View Post
LOL......
Lastnight me and John stay in the shop till midnight.
I told John don't want to hear any bad news.
So far no phone call. Eighter he didn't fly it yet or he give us suprise news.
BTW,
His Sapac T-45 when in yesterday.

OK,

Finally at the hotel.

John....I liked flying that T-45.
lashmett75 is offline Find More Posts by lashmett75
Old Jun 13, 2011, 12:10 AM
Anything that gives me a High
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,528 Posts
My personal opinion so far:

I think that the aircrafts quality is great, I'm pretty sure I would love flying it (Maybe not so much with the 6s setup but from the videos I have seen, the aircraft really comes to life on a 8s setup).

From reading this thread and some of the other ones, I think that E-flite should have market it with a Sport power system option and a Hot power system option (A 6s motor option and a 8s motor option, Or produce a motor that can handle 6s or 8s batteries).

How hard is that to do, Companies like Hanger 9 do it all the time with some of there planes, How could they have missed on this opportunity??????

I guess that's where people like "efflox rc" and "tam jet" come along.
super kupfer is offline Find More Posts by super kupfer
Old Jun 13, 2011, 12:19 AM
SoCal, Year Round Flying!
Newport Beach, CA
Joined May 2002
5,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACATTACK View Post
Attachment 4076888
I have a 1409-2Y PNP coming from effluxrc(Thanx Gary). The mounting Tab on the bottom of this picture looks "wacked" out of orientation?? Should'nt the mounting Tabs sit flush on the mountings rails.The Top Tab looks fine,why does'nt the bottom Tab sit flush? Is this a diificult installation? Are you able to install the elevator guide assemblies (L1-L2,R1-R2) back into the original positions after the TJ80 is installed?? Thanx...
Spin the fan unit 180* and see if it fits.
The fan tabs are offset slightly.
bmiller is offline Find More Posts by bmiller
Old Jun 13, 2011, 12:30 AM
Fly Fast!
scotia ,NY
Joined Jul 2008
627 Posts
Habu with Tj-80 1509 2y

Hi,
Did a power test on the Tj-80 1509 2y..I noticed on the ground while holding on the nose of the plane,the speed controller was pulsating and the motor cutting out.So i plugged in the ICE 100,and it had motor timing of normal,but the reason it was cutting out on datalogging it said 155 amps max,and 4891 watts,good thing i checked befor flying...so i had to put a throttle curve set to only 81 to get it to 97 amps,and 3102 watts...
Cant understand why 155amps on a NEU 1509 2y,set at mid timing..
dbgood is offline Find More Posts by dbgood
Old Jun 13, 2011, 12:34 AM
Santa Rosa, CA
Joined Nov 2008
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashmett75 View Post
OK,

Finally at the hotel.

John....I liked flying that T-45.
All is good. 2 Flights today. It is trimmed perfect thanks to Tam. Have a good trip James, see you when you get back.
Sunbather is offline Find More Posts by Sunbather
Old Jun 13, 2011, 12:35 AM
Newport Beach, CA
Joined May 2002
5,745 Posts
Sounds more like the motor is partially demagged.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 12:56 AM
Fly Fast!
scotia ,NY
Joined Jul 2008
627 Posts
Habu 32

Hi,
just maidened my Habu 32 with Tj -80 1509,Takeoff was long on very short grass,went around 1 time went to full throttle and it was very slow for 3000 plus watts,my funjet 5cell would tear it up !! Into the third turn,and it locked up in a turn,and went straight in the ground,torn up the fuse,wings,stripped 3-hs-85,and also the TJ-80 cracked up the carbon fan housing...
Went home and did datalogging on the ICE 100 and said 98 max,amps,and 3103 max watts.But had very low speed for all that power,
Have to call Tam tomorrow and see what he can do!!
Im very upset.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 01:06 AM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
4,258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmiller View Post
Spin the fan unit 180* and see if it fits.
The fan tabs are offset slightly.
That still dont explain whats going on with that lower Tab...It looks like it's sideways?? I have'nt recieved my unit yet...I sure dont like the sounds of that 1509-2Y report... Sorry for your loss!! That's the first one reported in here like that!!?? Sorry Again ...I have some 81MG servos you can have to get you in the air again if you like!!
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Old Jun 13, 2011, 01:07 AM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,375 Posts
What do you mean "locked up"? Tam's part was working fine and the data logger shows it. What size was your exit diameter?
rvincent is online now Find More Posts by rvincent
Old Jun 13, 2011, 01:43 AM
Newport Beach, CA
Joined May 2002
5,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACATTACK View Post
That still dont explain whats going on with that lower Tab...It looks like it's sideways?? I have'nt recieved my unit yet...I sure dont like the sounds of that 1509-2Y report... Sorry for your loss!! That's the first one reported in here like that!!?? Sorry Again ...I have some 81MG servos you can have to get you in the air again if you like!!
Picture is obscured by the elevator cable, not clear enough.
If the fan is 180 off, the front of it won't seat into the intake duct correctly and could give the impression that the tab is "sideways"...
Old Jun 13, 2011, 01:58 AM
Fly Fast!
scotia ,NY
Joined Jul 2008
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvincent View Post
What do you mean "locked up"? Tam's part was working fine and the data logger shows it. What size was your exit diameter?
Hi,
i just used the stock thrust tube on there.
I just dont understand i did a watt test and i didnt touch the timing or nothing and got 155 amps..
Strange,hope its the 1509 2y in there and not some other higher kv neu motor.
And locked up i mean the 3rd turn with plenty enough speed as i was pulling out of the turn,the nose just dropped and as it was coming down, i pulled plenty of up elevator and no response came crashing nose down.
Planes ,jets are very easy to fly for me...I fly a Trex 700 E, 12 cell
Old Jun 13, 2011, 02:19 AM
Newport Beach, CA
Joined May 2002
5,745 Posts
How many cells were you running?
Old Jun 13, 2011, 02:25 AM
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur
Joined Jan 2010
159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamjets View Post
6-32 set screw and C-clip are 1/8" shaft.
Thanks very much Tam
dale4040 is offline Find More Posts by dale4040