SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 07, 2011, 08:34 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,583 Posts
LOL! Well yeah you post a video of yours going 150 and stock fan no wonder! Hell I want one!
rvincent is offline Find More Posts by rvincent
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2011, 08:36 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,845 Posts
We now have The E-Flite DF32 (80mm) fans in stock.

The Habu 32 ARF kits will be here this week.
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Oct 2014
Old Jun 07, 2011, 09:01 PM
Lubbock, TX
Joined Feb 2007
333 Posts
How fast do you guys think this airframe can go before it explodes like that bandit did at Joe Nall? Seems like 10S is a little extreme?!? We have the TJ 80 on 8S. We've flown it on 6S and 8S. The 8S really improves the vertical a lot.

Tam, you need to get a program like Best Buy does where you can trade in your equipment when the new technology comes around. I feel like the guy on the porch with his daughter dancing around the yard calling him a "silly head!" Just got the fan a couple of months ago...

John
N227CT is offline Find More Posts by N227CT
Old Jun 07, 2011, 09:05 PM
Got Brushless?
Sacramento
Joined Sep 2007
311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux RC View Post
.... The stock Habu 32 does 110 (dopplered from the e-Flite video)....
Negative.... Maybe in that video. Almost everybody is getting at least 125 mph. They radar(ed) all day over 130 at that r/c meet where they introduced them.
Friedclutch is offline Find More Posts by Friedclutch
Old Jun 07, 2011, 09:07 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,583 Posts
Well 6s, 8s or 10s is no matter. What is important is the rpm at which we are spinning the fan. more cells makes the higher watts more efficiently than 6s but not necessarily meaning it is faster. Whoever spins it the fastest will have the faster plane. Tam's building skillz most certainly help his efforts. Very few builders as clean and smooth as Tam. But at the end of the day the most "usable" watts to the shaft will have the faster plane. Just how long will it fly
rvincent is offline Find More Posts by rvincent
Old Jun 07, 2011, 09:50 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
4,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvincent View Post
Well 6s, 8s or 10s is no matter. What is important is the rpm at which we are spinning the fan. more cells makes the higher watts more efficiently than 6s but not necessarily meaning it is faster. Whoever spins it the fastest will have the faster plane. Tam's building skillz most certainly help his efforts. Very few builders as clean and smooth as Tam. But at the end of the day the most "usable" watts to the shaft will have the faster plane. Just how long will it fly
He who reaches 200 MPH wins! Let the games begin!!
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Old Jun 07, 2011, 09:56 PM
Tacoma, Washington
Joined Jul 2007
425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N227CT View Post
How fast do you guys think this airframe can go before it explodes like that bandit did at Joe Nall? Seems like 10S is a little extreme?!? We have the TJ 80 on 8S. We've flown it on 6S and 8S. The 8S really improves the vertical a lot.

Tam, you need to get a program like Best Buy does where you can trade in your equipment when the new technology comes around. I feel like the guy on the porch with his daughter dancing around the yard calling him a "silly head!" Just got the fan a couple of months ago...

John
LMAO. I feel the same way, upgrade, go faster, and then someone makes it better, faster and we are left behind....
50mph is offline Find More Posts by 50mph
Old Jun 07, 2011, 09:59 PM
Tacoma, Washington
Joined Jul 2007
425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACATTACK View Post
That would be insane.......I would hope it does not explode, and if it does make sure it being recorded.
Old Jun 07, 2011, 10:16 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Building good fan not just putting things together and call it a fan.
There is serious of homeworks and testing.
Power input and power out put is so important.
You can throw ton of watts to the fan. But what usable get out to the shaft is the key.
The standard TJ80 with midi rotor cut down pretty good and pretty much end at 3kw.
TJ80 with matching TJ rotor can do beyond that.
That why is time for new release this new higher power unit in the small light weight package.....Like I said. It only money.
You want the best of the best.
Show me your money.

BTW,
I just got 5 more Habu kits arrive.
Anyone need turn key Habu.
James is your man put it together.
He is getting really goods. Master Tam taught him well and he been rewarded with very nice plane.
James will suprise you guys what I got for him for been good student and help me at the shop at night.
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
Last edited by Tamjets; Jun 07, 2011 at 10:23 PM.
Old Jun 07, 2011, 10:19 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
I did it with BVM Electra 205.67 mph average with 6.7kw. Still no one can do the same speed with the same watts level I did.
Old Jun 07, 2011, 10:25 PM
Richmond B.C. Canada
Joined Aug 2006
574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR2 View Post
Hi 172AMD, What type of flight times are you getting on your 10S 3000mah setup and how much are you putting back in the batteries?
Thanks,

Zaheer.
3.5 min flight put back 1700ma, based on this I would say 5min max. Did not go 10s to go faster. I had the packs and motor already, 1300Kv is really too low for 10s but it is better than stock. The stock setup did not cut it for my club field.
172AMD is offline Find More Posts by 172AMD
Old Jun 07, 2011, 10:44 PM
Tacoma, Washington
Joined Jul 2007
425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamjets View Post
I did it with BVM Electra 205.67 mph average with 6.7kw. Still no one can do the same speed with the same watts level I did.
Guess your next mark will be 300mph. I dont know if video can capture something that fast.

Tamjets has me wanting one of thier fans in my Habu. Guess I need to save up or go work at night in his shop.
Old Jun 07, 2011, 11:44 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
4,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamjets View Post
Building good fan not just putting things together and call it a fan.
There is serious of homeworks and testing.
Power input and power out put is so important.
You can throw ton of watts to the fan. But what usable get out to the shaft is the key.
The standard TJ80 with midi rotor cut down pretty good and pretty much end at 3kw.
TJ80 with matching TJ rotor can do beyond that.
That why is time for new release this new higher power unit in the small light weight package.....Like I said. It only money.
You want the best of the best.
Show me your money.

BTW,
I just got 5 more Habu kits arrive.
Anyone need turn key Habu.
James is your man put it together.
He is getting really goods. Master Tam taught him well and he been rewarded with very nice plane.
James will suprise you guys what I got for him for been good student and help me at the shop at night.
Next month Tam will come out with something faster,lighter and more powerful.I'm going wait until Tam is finished releasing his Top-Secret stuff..He never stops working on more speed...Something Faster is coming out of Tam very soon....Watch and Wait!!
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Old Jun 07, 2011, 11:52 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Next month Tam will come out with something faster,lighter and more powerful.I'm going wait until Tam is finished releasing his Top-Secret stuff..He never stops working on more speed...Something Faster is coming out of Tam very soon....Watch and Wait!!
Wait for finish top secret.
You need to be loaded to see the end of that pipe line.
I got few more fans still hidden due to crazy hours I been working.
Tonight is first night come home early. Not because I want to. But my body need to. Between saturday morning to today is already 50 hours of work and it only tuesday.
I just call James and let him know I won't be in tonight. He said you need to rest. I got it cover and lock up the shop.
Old Jun 07, 2011, 11:53 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,730 Posts
may or may not have been at 1/2 flap....wasnt real familiar with the radio. even on the second flight just didnt seem to be all there...i think the air had a big part to play with the speeds. the thick beach type air doesnt help much for speed. you need that warm dry air. makes more differance than you might think. the speed really didnt change speeds after i changed or didnt change the flap possition. like i said, they may have not been down...but im not 100% sure.

fun flying plane regardless. just seems to me the model is hitting a brick wall at 150. didnt seem much faster from a dive....and thats saying something.i think to get into the 160-170 range, its going to take 3500W+
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut