SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 19, 2011, 11:19 AM
RickyBoy
Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2010
345 Posts
Yes i did install the 1/4 inch plate, stiil had to dremel for the wheel. I will be flying from a grass field so the plate sounds like it will help. I'm going to try the XPS 65c batteries in mine
RickyBoy49 is offline Find More Posts by RickyBoy49
to remove ads between posts
Old May 19, 2011, 12:17 PM
Lincolnshire, UK
Joined Oct 2009
522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stageboost View Post
Finally finished building my Habu. Took me about a month to complete working evenings a few nights a week. Definitely a pleasurable build, everything went well. Here are some final pics for those who haven't started their build yet. I always enjoy viewing pics showing how each builder laid out their electronics, wires and odds and ends. So hopefully my pics will be of some assistance to the next guy. I hope to fly it in the next week or so, still need to purchase a battery.
Dude, you sure you wanna use Deans connectors on that thing? I'd be minded to go for 4mm bullets as a minimum (they're standard fit on the TURNIGY packs).

Just my $0.02. Rest of the install looks great.
Si Goodchild is offline Find More Posts by Si Goodchild
Old May 19, 2011, 01:05 PM
Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
481 Posts
retracts

Hi ALL,
Not started my build yet,loong thread to read,anyone use retracts other than original?,like from HC or so?
So far about servos,I have and going with Hitec HS 82 MG all around,any other thoughts?..any tips about the build is welcome.

3stageboost..nice picts..good to see!..I agree on those Deans,pay attention..

Thank`s..

//Andy.
hypstar is offline Find More Posts by hypstar
Last edited by hypstar; May 19, 2011 at 01:10 PM.
Old May 19, 2011, 01:05 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Sep 2007
1,800 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Goodchild View Post
Dude, you sure you wanna use Deans connectors on that thing? I'd be minded to go for 4mm bullets as a minimum (they're standard fit on the TURNIGY packs).

I use 6mm bullets myself. People runs deans in much higher amp draw applications than this though... without a problem for many years.
tulz43 is offline Find More Posts by tulz43
Old May 19, 2011, 07:22 PM
Got Brushless?
Sacramento
Joined Sep 2007
310 Posts
I have Deans on mine without any problems. Check them for heating after each flight. If your solder joint is good and the terminal tension is tight you will be fine.

hypstar: The HS-82mg are perfect. I have them on Ail, Elev, and nose gear steering. I went with an 85mg on the rudder though. My flaps have HS-81 w/nylon gears.
Friedclutch is offline Find More Posts by Friedclutch
Old May 19, 2011, 08:04 PM
Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
481 Posts
Friedclutch....thank`s for the info,yes, I read before,better with HS 85 in the rudder for better fit.
How many flights do you have on yours?

//Andy.
Old May 19, 2011, 08:24 PM
Joined Apr 2011
20 Posts
I've never had a problem with deans in any of my helis running 12s packs but I might switch to Bullets or possibly Anderson Power poles. I had no idea you guys use bullets on the battery side...seems like it would be a royal PITA plugging and unplugging bullets to change the battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Goodchild View Post

3stageboost is offline Find More Posts by 3stageboost
Old May 19, 2011, 08:50 PM
Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
481 Posts
no worries with EC5 connectors just to be safe I use them in all my 4 S and up...

//Andy.
Old May 19, 2011, 09:11 PM
RickyBoy
Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2010
345 Posts
+1 on the EC5
RickyBoy49 is offline Find More Posts by RickyBoy49
Old May 19, 2011, 09:18 PM
Joined Jun 2007
25 Posts
+2 on the EC5
gr3456 is offline Find More Posts by gr3456
Old May 20, 2011, 07:52 AM
Houston. .we have a problem.
United Kingdom, England
Joined Aug 2008
984 Posts
+3 on EC5 !!
FOX ONE! is offline Find More Posts by FOX ONE!
Old May 20, 2011, 08:12 AM
United States, CA, Apple Valley
Joined May 2002
2,880 Posts
My friend is using deans on his BVM Electra , and hes running 12s with out any issue .
mavdriver is online now Find More Posts by mavdriver
Old May 20, 2011, 10:06 AM
FlyRCJets
Castro Valley Calif
Joined Mar 2007
117 Posts
On the EC5 connectors, what is the "proper" way to put those together? I have a hard time getting the bullet to pop into the plastic housing.
gambok is offline Find More Posts by gambok
Old May 20, 2011, 10:28 AM
lawndart aerobatic ace!
Joplin, Misery
Joined Mar 2007
407 Posts
I use a 1.5mm allen driver to push the connector into the housing. You have to make sure the outside of the bullet is absolutely clean and then it generally will snap in place with firm pressure.
gr8taz nitro is offline Find More Posts by gr8taz nitro
Old May 20, 2011, 10:29 AM
Joined Jun 2007
25 Posts
EC5's, as long as you do a good soldering job, then connector pointing down on hard surface, I use a small flat blade and push the back side of the solder/bullet down firmly.
Then it pops and you know it is good. Never had one pop back out yet. If the soldering
job is not good, it won't seat properly. I like these way better than anything out there that
I have seen. That is my personal preference.
gr3456 is offline Find More Posts by gr3456