HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 30, 2011, 02:45 PM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Take my advise...I been doing this for many years and cheap route usually cost more in the end.

That's about the best advise one can give in this hobby. If it's worth doing, do it right.
Ron101 is offline Find More Posts by Ron101
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2011, 02:52 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron101 View Post
That's about the best advise one can give in this hobby. If it's worth doing, do it right.
Does that mean I should remove my turnigy motor and esc and blue servos from my habu ? or just the HK landing gear ?

Just kidding
carguy1994ca is offline Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 30, 2011, 03:04 PM
A&P/IA
United States, FL, Middleburg
Joined Feb 2007
560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4 speed junky View Post
Yeah I I am still not sure about that myself I may end up gluing the wings just for added peace of mind. I am still on the fence about it. Should have the rest of my servos friday so she should get finished fairly quickly
if you want the slop gone but still want to be able to remove the wings, do what i did. buy some pacer canopy glue and ooze that in the joint once the wing is bolted on. it dries clear and the wing will still be removable later. also it cleans up with water and a paper towel if it oozes where you dont want it. i used a syringe to apply it to the wing joint
chevronflyer is offline Find More Posts by chevronflyer
Old Mar 30, 2011, 05:24 PM
Airshow Joe
N.W. Detroit Suburbs
Joined Feb 2009
315 Posts
Tam, any word on a brake package with wheels I can order from you that includes the Jetronic valve set up for plug and play?
rccrazee is offline Find More Posts by rccrazee
Old Mar 30, 2011, 05:33 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Sep 2007
1,787 Posts
Has the tam's 8s 2y video been posted yet? The one doing 165?
tulz43 is online now Find More Posts by tulz43
Old Mar 30, 2011, 06:05 PM
PolynÚsie franšaise, ╬les du Vent, Papeete
Joined Mar 2010
500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rccrazee View Post
Tam, any word on a brake package with wheels I can order from you that includes the Jetronic valve set up for plug and play?
I'm waiting for same package. already have tam's struts and eflite gear
flytahiti is offline Find More Posts by flytahiti
Old Mar 30, 2011, 06:28 PM
Joined Aug 2006
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamjets View Post
I know my air retract fit easy in the Habu.
But all the air plumming is not nice as stock E-Flite retract ready.
BTW,
Stay away from the copy electric retract Hobby King. We had test few of them.
It junk....yes it is cheap around $30 range. But it not worthed to had belly landing from gear failure.

Take my advise...I been doing this for many years and cheap route usually cost more in the end.
I still like air I have heard of a few people that had issuse with the e-flite electric retracts and said that when they called horizon they were told that once you open the package there is no warranty. I might just get your mini retracts for it. I'll be at Esprit next week I pick one yours from them.

Thanks
Jose
rcjets12 is offline Find More Posts by rcjets12
Old Mar 30, 2011, 06:40 PM
Gotta have toys!
La Jolla, CA. USA
Joined May 2006
856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjets12 View Post
I still like air I have heard of a few people that had issuse with the e-flite electric retracts and said that when they called horizon they were told that once you open the package there is no warranty. I might just get your mini retracts for it. I'll be at Esprit next week I pick one yours from them.

Thanks
Jose
That has not been my experience. I ordered the recommended E-Flight electric retracts for my Habu. The nose retract was not working out of the box. I called HH and they sent a replacement which arrived at my door the next day. They didn't even ask me to send in the bad one. That is exceptional customer service in my book, and goes a long way to keeping me a loyal HH customer.
1bwana1 is offline Find More Posts by 1bwana1
Old Mar 30, 2011, 06:55 PM
Joined Aug 2006
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bwana1 View Post
That has not been my experience. I ordered the recommended E-Flight electric retracts for my Habu. The nose retract was not working out of the box. I called HH and they sent a replacement which arrived at my door the next day. They didn't even ask me to send in the bad one. That is exceptional customer service in my book, and goes a long way to keeping me a loyal HH customer.
Thats great because after I was told that story from a few people that I know here locally I was a bit worried but that is good to know.

Thanks
rcjets12 is offline Find More Posts by rcjets12
Old Mar 30, 2011, 07:43 PM
OUCH!!!
United States, PA, Erie
Joined Sep 2008
580 Posts
Here's the results of my homebrew fans, Fan on right is 80mm HET 700-60 1485 kv 70amps 2kw, on left 82mm HET 600-42 1400kv 62 amps and 1800w.
I have found I can make a housing to 84 mm and it will still fit ok, so now I am experimenting with getting the most FSA into the fan while still being able to bolt it in. Naturally the layups are getting thinner, but they still come out fairly stiff even before the stators are glued/pinned in place. After seeing the numbers for myself installed, I may not need anything hotter for a motor than maybe 1550 kv. I was going to buy a few at Toledo, but now I am not so sure. Using XPS 65c 4000 packs so I dont want an amp hog, I'd still like some decent flight times.

Jay
Jayray123 is offline Find More Posts by Jayray123
Old Mar 30, 2011, 09:11 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
I been holding back on the wheels/brake guys..... Works been over load and still behide getting caught up.
I did 1/2 dozen sending out for turbine conversion kit. But not in full gear crank them out yet. Need to get all the back log out the way and spend full days cutting the tires to fit the rims. That is the hard parts about the wheels and I only guy in the shop know how to do it right.
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
Old Mar 30, 2011, 09:29 PM
Got Adrenaline?
Ruskin, FL
Joined Mar 2009
212 Posts
I got a pair of XPS 6s 5000mah packs today. They came with bullet connectors. I used deans plugs before on all my connects. Are the bullets better or just easier to solder on? Also do u know the size of them so I can order or try my LHS for the female ends. Thanks in advance.
TheRook76 is offline Find More Posts by TheRook76
Old Mar 30, 2011, 10:03 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
8,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRook76 View Post
I got a pair of XPS 6s 5000mah packs today. They came with bullet connectors. I used deans plugs before on all my connects. Are the bullets better or just easier to solder on? Also do u know the size of them so I can order or try my LHS for the female ends. Thanks in advance.
Where did you get them?
They are shipped from XPS (and us) without any connectors.

If they have bullets, they may be the spring type, 4mm bulllets. Measure the dia.... 4mm is .157"

They also may be 6mm or 6.5 mm. Castle sells bullets that are 6.5mm. but most of the jet guys use the 6mm bullets, or deans.

There is a whole thread on the pro's and cons of deans vs. bullets. You might want to read up on it.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ts#post7905296
We use (and sell) 6mm bullets.
efflux RC is online now Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Jan 2014
Old Mar 30, 2011, 10:17 PM
Got Adrenaline?
Ruskin, FL
Joined Mar 2009
212 Posts
Got them XPS in the mail as I was leaving to work. I just glanced at them and ran out cause I was late. Now that I think about it, it could have been the wire with solder on it in the heatshrink look like male connectors.
TheRook76 is offline Find More Posts by TheRook76
Old Mar 31, 2011, 12:29 AM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Sep 2007
1,787 Posts
So I've installed the nose gear and steering servo per the manual but i'm having trouble when the nose gear is up the steering servo binds when I give any left input. What am I doing wrong?
tulz43 is online now Find More Posts by tulz43
Last edited by tulz43; Mar 31, 2011 at 03:02 AM.