HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by emarkay, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 09:17 AM
Southern Indiana
Joined Apr 2002
35 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Wanted
Nine (9) Eagles Solo Pro - 'copter only.

I got a kit a month or so ago and have flown the life out of it in training. The skids and canopy are glued and taped, the rotors have sheared the hub ("WD40 tube" mod worked, almost - it vibrated noticeably afterward), and then, in quick succession, the tail motor went "full speed" for a bit, then the entire thing went "haywire".

I know a bunch about electronics and mechanicals, and I presume that there's a problem on the main board. There is periodic function to one servo and applying pressure to the board/and or cooling it with alcohol enables additional functions. I am surprised that it's rigidly mounted to the frame, those surface mount components are not very tolerant of any bending or flexing (as opposed to the old "through hole" type) and without attempting to manually reflow every joint, I'd venture it's a cracked joint or two.

Anyway, it's about $40 for a new board, shipped, and with the problems already mentioned, I think it's just time for a new unit. I do have a few spare parts (no board, unfortunately) so I want to keep from effectively buying a whole new kit!

What's the best price on a just a heli, new or "gently used" - color unimportant, prefer the "new style" ("oOo" not "oUo" shaped rotor linkages)?

Thanks!
MRK
emarkay is offline Find More Posts by emarkay
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2010, 11:33 PM
United States, CA, Santa Maria
Joined Dec 2006
368 Posts
Trader Rating: 18
I have a NIB yellow one. What r u willing to pay? I might b interested in unloading it. I bought an extra foreparts and have never used it
luvmykids2 is offline Find More Posts by luvmykids2
Old Oct 05, 2010, 11:24 AM
Southern Indiana
Joined Apr 2002
35 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
I did break down and get a new PC board, and luckily am good with a soldering iron - the battery leads are not attached, so i had to take them off from the old board.

Still, this old bird is getting pretty tired... PM sent.
emarkay is offline Find More Posts by emarkay
Last edited by emarkay; Oct 05, 2010 at 11:38 AM.
Old Oct 07, 2010, 12:00 PM
United States, CA, Santa Maria
Joined Dec 2006
368 Posts
Trader Rating: 18
Sorry, I am traveling. PM returned...
luvmykids2 is offline Find More Posts by luvmykids2