|Sep 15, 2010, 02:06 AM|
Parkzone T-28 Upgrades
The T-28 Trojan remains my all-time favorite plane for park flying, and has logged nearly 400 flights to date. Given the popularity of this plane in the hangar, I decided it is time to provide it's pilot, Lt. Bob "Bash" Trojan, with some well-deserved upgrades:
1. Open Canopy - Lt. Trojan can now cool down on the hot tarmac!
2. Working flaps with servo slow-down control (Hobby City, Turnigy).
3. Red and white prop stripes added to standard 2-blade prop.
4. Authentic new decals made and added: Cowl numbers, left & right sides, "Buzz" numbers on the bottom side of the flaps, Pilot's Call-sign added below canopy frame on both sides.
5. Existing decals on the tail and below replaced with new, better quality water-slide decals, including more authentic 4 digit tail number (vs. original 3 digit), Location ("E"), and build number info below the horizontal stabilizer.
6. Pilot Head swivel mod added by placing a servo slaved to the rudder within the pilot's body. The pilot now looks around while he is on the job!
7. Original Lighting upgrade package (my own PIC16F84 microprocessor version) still remains fully functional. Lights include red and green wingtip navlights with white strobes, white body strobe, red beacon body strobe, and functional landing light.
Current Power Specs:
Motor - Turnigy 3536C 1100kv brushless
40 Amp ESC, with 3 amp BEC
Spektrum DX7 transmitter & AR6100 receiver controlled.
Lights - PIC16F84 microprocessor design. Landing gear light switches on with gear switch, and low or idle throttle setting.
Video showing lights, flaps and pilot's moving head can be viewed here:
With all these new upgrades, let's get it flying Lt. Trojan!
|Sep 16, 2010, 11:19 AM|
The canopy is fixed in the open position. This decision was based on another modded PZ T-28 in the area. I thought it looked great with the canopy open at the park!
While researching the topic, I did find one mod online configured for the entire canopy to slide backwards and forward while attached to a hidden servo arm, so it can be done.
I have a spare canopy, and will see if I can get it to work to my satisfaction. I will post it if I get it working.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Discussion||ParkZone Ultra Micro T-28!!! THE Owners Thread!!!!||dkintx||Micro Ready-to-Fly||10142||Today 11:40 AM|
|For Sale||Parkzone t-28 Like New [Local pickup only]||xlrDALLAS||Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W)||0||Jul 28, 2010 05:56 PM|
|Sold||Parkzone T-28 Pics Added and more info. SOLD||tc3wins||Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W)||3||Jul 25, 2010 09:24 AM|
|Sold||Parkzone T-28 Trojan PNP many upgrades!||codezilla||Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W)||1||Mar 05, 2010 07:06 PM|
|Discussion||parkzone T-28 vs parkzone fw-190 vs parkzone spitfire||super cub||Electric Warbirds||13||Apr 06, 2008 09:29 PM|