SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by KeithLuneau, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 11:20 PM
define("BEASTMODE", "1");
United States, LA, Moreauville
Joined Jan 2002
4,370 Posts
Trader Rating: 25
Sold
For sale or trade, GoPro Hero Motorsports Wide w/extras (Standard def. not HD)

I've got a GoPro Hero Motorsports Wide with all the accessories that come with the motorsports version, as well as a few extras. A couple of the mounts cracked, and I repaired them with Superglue. They seem to be holding up fine, but I wouldn't trust them in critical applications like hanging off the side of your real car! GoPro claimed there was a bad batch of plastic that went out, and replaced those for me, so there are extras. The good ones are newer better plastic according to them. I also have the head strap for wearing the camera on your head with no helmet. The waterproof enclosure seals 100% fine, I've used the camera underwater with no problems at all. There are two Kodak rechargeable AAA cells to go with it, but you'll have to use your own charger. I always used the same charger I do all my R/C batteries with. (just charged them as a 2-cell 800mAh NiMH pack in a battery holder) You'll have to use your own SD card. I'm not positive what the largest one it will support is, but I've used 512MB, 1GB, and 2GB cards with it. All the instructions and paperwork are there too. The picture should explain everything, if not ask!

Asking $100 shipped via USPS, or trade for something else interesting!

I've got other cameras now, and never really got into making onboard video with my R/C trucks which is what I bought it for, so now it just sits on the shelf...

I have a little feedback here, some on scale4x4rc.us forums, as well as some on eBay.

KeithLuneau is offline Find More Posts by KeithLuneau
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2010, 11:49 AM
Joined Jan 2002
4,370 Posts
I've been informed that "$100 is too much for a used Gopro with Broken mounts. Retail is $150"

I should state that the broken mounts were broken while assembling them, not while in use. The plastic was brittle, GoPro said there was a bad batch of plastic and was a known problem, and replaced them all with new ones. The broken ones are extras! I just kept them as they come in handy sometimes when you're not mounting the camera off a real car, on the bottom of a plane, etc. Throw them away and you're not loosing anything! They are extra, as are the head mount and NiMH batteries. Used GoPro SDs are selling for $100 and more on eBay without the extras, plus shipping.

I thought my price was reasonable. If not, make an offer! The worst I can do is say no thank you.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 06:42 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
USA, KY, Hebron
Joined Dec 2005
2,730 Posts
Trader Rating: 49
any idea what depth the waterproof case is good to?
habitforming is offline Find More Posts by habitforming
Old Sep 16, 2010, 06:44 PM
Joined Jan 2002
4,370 Posts
Quote:
Waterproof: rated to 100 feet/30 meters
Here's the rest of the specs here:

http://www.goprocamera.com/products/...ide-camera.php
Old Sep 16, 2010, 06:49 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
USA, KY, Hebron
Joined Dec 2005
2,730 Posts
now that's what I call a fast response!

100ft... hmm should be sufficient. Time to talk to the wife, who wants a dive camera of her own

Any trades you're looking for (can't hurt to ask!)
Old Sep 16, 2010, 06:53 PM
Joined Jan 2002
4,370 Posts
I'm subscribed to the thread with instant email notification, so I got a notice as soon as you posted...

Trades, nothing in particular, just looking to get something I'll get more use from. Could be related to airplanes, scale offroad stuff, boats, etc. (no nitro) Doesn't really even have to be R/C related.

By the way, I did find one more of the flat stick-on bases, it's stuck to the black piece of plastic that camera ships on. I forgot about that. It could be peeled off an reused with new tape, or the plastic piece could be used to mount to an R/C car or something with the base already in place.

One thing to keep in mind, is that the wide angle lens will make still pictures have a fish-eye effect, it's worse up close than far. Here's a picture I took with it:

If you'd like, I can take a few out of the water and post them.
Last edited by KeithLuneau; Sep 16, 2010 at 06:58 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 07:00 PM
Joined Jan 2002
4,370 Posts
Here's a couple videos I made with it as well just to show what they look like...

Aquacraft Bass Boat, onboard video #2 (6 min 27 sec)

XR600R and KX250 Trail Riding, helmet cam (3 min 3 sec)
Old Sep 16, 2010, 08:16 PM
I Always Fly Inverted
United States, NY
Joined Aug 2004
387 Posts
Trader Rating: 20
I've got the exact Go Pro Cam Set Up works great someone is getting a great deal, heck if I can move some funds to PP I might snag this up for a spare.
Monstermanhbf is online now Find More Posts by Monstermanhbf
Old Sep 17, 2010, 08:26 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
USA, KY, Hebron
Joined Dec 2005
2,730 Posts
sorry, going to have to pass on this one. GL with sale!
Old Sep 18, 2010, 08:26 PM
Joined Jan 2002
4,370 Posts
**Traded on Scale4x4R/C**

Thanks for the interest!
Closed Thread