HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by baddb1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 06:41 AM
I'd rather be flying
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2009
1,312 Posts
Thanks Ken, I'm an "electrical engineer" who knows nothing about airplane design and flying characteristics. I will check on the things you mentioned and get some pics and measurements this weekend.

Bill
baddb1 is online now Find More Posts by baddb1
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2010, 08:50 PM
VFA-132 Privateer
upstate NY
Joined Dec 2003
733 Posts
Nice. I'm interested to see it fly.
bri_877 is offline Find More Posts by bri_877
Old Oct 20, 2010, 11:02 PM
Fuzzy Member
Renton WA
Joined Oct 2001
825 Posts
Any more flights to report?? I am curious about the tail wag you mentioned, as my main interest in this plane is for FPV. Excesive tail wag would disqualify it.

I was flying my polaris yesterday. There was some gusty wind and I noticed that the tail was wagging and thought of your comment. Have you ever noticed this on your polaris?? I haven't really been following that thread, so I don't know if it's a comon problem. That plane also has a fairly tall nose as compared to the tail area, so it might be a similar problem.
lupy is offline Find More Posts by lupy
Old Oct 21, 2010, 07:06 AM
I'd rather be flying
Joined Jan 2009
1,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lupy View Post
Any more flights to report?? I am curious about the tail wag you mentioned, as my main interest in this plane is for FPV. Excesive tail wag would disqualify it.

I was flying my polaris yesterday. There was some gusty wind and I noticed that the tail was wagging and thought of your comment. Have you ever noticed this on your polaris?? I haven't really been following that thread, so I don't know if it's a comon problem. That plane also has a fairly tall nose as compared to the tail area, so it might be a similar problem.
Hi - The weather around here has been very windy so I still haven't got a flight in. I really want calm winds since I'm not perfectly comfortable with my CG and throws. I was hoping to this weekend , maybe Sunday as they are saying windy today thru Saturday!

I did take out my Polaris yesterday in about a 15MPH breeze. I love that plane, very easy to control and fun! But, yes, I do notice some tail wag with that but only when flying in windy conditions. When I flew the Icon and noticed it, there was very little or no wind.

I'll keep you posted..
Old Oct 23, 2010, 01:35 PM
Joined Sep 2010
22 Posts
Hi there , Could someone please pose a pdf assembly instruction for the 1800mm A5 ? I got mine without the manual . Also any area in the fuselarge that needs to be "waterproof" by epoxy ?

Many thanks
Ken
kenfiori is offline Find More Posts by kenfiori
Old Nov 09, 2010, 11:03 PM
Joined Nov 2006
1 Posts
IconA5

Hi I Got one of thoses too. I didn't get a manual either, but i did get an engine mount. I eMailed about the manual and they sent me an e Version. How do I Upload it to the site?
pwhan is offline Find More Posts by pwhan
Old Nov 10, 2010, 12:33 PM
I'd rather be flying
Joined Jan 2009
1,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwhan View Post
Hi I Got one of thoses too. I didn't get a manual either, but i did get an engine mount. I eMailed about the manual and they sent me an e Version. How do I Upload it to the site?
I'm not sure if you can do that.....Let us know how you make out with your new plane..