HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2010, 12:22 PM
Joined Sep 2010
17 Posts
Discussion
Need advice with my Gentle Lady build.

Hi, this is my first post here. I owned a Gentle Lady glider about 15 years ago when I was a teen and am looking to get back into the hobby again.

I bought another Gentle Lady kit second hand that appeared to have all the parts (older kit, at least as old as the original one I put together 15 years ago), but as I was putting it together I realized I have 4 sheets of the ribs #6001 and none of #6002, instead of 2 of each.

I have been using some of the ribs from the extra #6001 sheets to finish up the inner wing panels, but now that I am to the wing tips, I need smaller ribs. I can make some educated guesses by cutting up some of my extra ribs so the spar holes line up, and then sanding away the excess height, but I would prefer that they are exactly to spec.

I e-mailed support at the Carl Goldberg website and am awaiting a reply. Does anyone have any ideas?

If anyone could scan one of their #6002 panels and send it to me so I could finish up my wing I would be very appreciative. I don't have much money and cannot afford to spend the 12 bucks to order the plans online.
jdraughn is offline Find More Posts by jdraughn
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2010, 04:16 PM
Celebrating 300 posts!
Kirtland, OH
Joined Mar 2010
306 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=882058

This thread has a CAD drawing of the Gentle Lady. It has the CAD file in post #21 and images of the CAD drawing in post #10.

It was drawn with a program called Rhino 3D. I did a quick search and it looks like you can download a trial version of it. Then, maybe you can take the file and break it down to just the ribs you need and print them out in 2D.
markb0127 is offline Find More Posts by markb0127
Old Sep 14, 2010, 06:57 PM
Joined Sep 2010
17 Posts
Thanks for your reply. I did check that out, but it appears I can only move the plane and the camera around and I don't know enough about Rhino to break out those ribs I need, line them up on a plane and print them to scale.

I did get a reply back from the Carl Goldberg website, I gave them my address so they could mail me the drawings I need. I wish I didn't have to wait, the fuselage and tail is done, i'm basically stuck waiting on my wing tips.
jdraughn is offline Find More Posts by jdraughn
Old Sep 15, 2010, 03:54 PM
It's Prime Time for Slime Time
Joined May 2004
1,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdraughn View Post
Thanks for your reply. I did check that out, but it appears I can only move the plane and the camera around and I don't know enough about Rhino to break out those ribs I need, line them up on a plane and print them to scale.

I did get a reply back from the Carl Goldberg website, I gave them my address so they could mail me the drawings I need. I wish I didn't have to wait, the fuselage and tail is done, i'm basically stuck waiting on my wing tips.
That's pretty cool of Goldberg to send you custom drawings like that. Worth the wait, I would say.
b7gwap is offline Find More Posts by b7gwap