HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by lmopar69, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 10:10 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Discussion
Man Im getting old!

So, I will be turning 36 on the 30th of this month. It seems like yesterday I was that young 20 year old E-5 in charge of a squad of soldiers. Now, like all the sudden, Im the old guy getting close to retiring. I am over 18 years of Active Duty Army Service now. On my 5th deployment, and 7th time overseas.

Somehow my family has held together for this long and is doing great. Mainly because I have such a wonderful wife who can handle anything that is thrown her way. I am also very blessed to have such great kids. Love you all very much!

So, I've noticed that all that upper body muscle I used to have seems to have slid right off my chest and shoulders and ended up around my waist. Guess its a sign of getting older, but, I just cant let it happen. I wouldnt say Im overweight by an means, but, I have looked better. So, 4 miles of running tonight, and a ton of abdominal stuff later, and I feel like I have been hit by a truck. Its a "good hit by a truck" feeling though. Now I just need my schedule to cooperate a bit, and I'll be able to do the same every night.

I go on mid tour leave in a bit over a month. So, gotta look good for my wife too! She looks great, so I figure the least I can do is get that 6 pack back for her.

See ya'll later!

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2010, 10:52 AM
just Some Useless Geek
Chicagoland
Joined Oct 2008
2,541 Posts
Dude! Watch out for the "southern slide" once you get past 40! It's a real back-breaker.

Thanks for your service to your country. I never served in uniform, though two of my brothers did. Gotta respect anybody who can stick out a full stretch. But now you have civvy life to plan for, eh?
A Useless Geek is offline Find More Posts by A Useless Geek
Old Sep 14, 2010, 12:27 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2000
8,535 Posts
The muscles moving to your gut area is a good thing, for it will take a good bit of muscle to process all the beer you'll drink when you retire.
Arbo is offline Find More Posts by Arbo
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 14, 2010, 03:40 PM
just Some Useless Geek
Chicagoland
Joined Oct 2008
2,541 Posts
Sadly, Arbo, the beer propagates to the exact same area...with predictable consequences.
A Useless Geek is offline Find More Posts by A Useless Geek
Old Sep 14, 2010, 09:53 PM
No conspiracy in theory
Oak Ridge, Tenn.
Joined Aug 2004
3,646 Posts
hobby exercize!

Fly bigger rc airplanes!!!!
Mike.
skorski is offline Find More Posts by skorski
Old Sep 14, 2010, 10:54 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
LOL, some great advice and info there. Lucky for me, I dont drink much beer, so that should not be too big of an issue. However, very rarely do I turn one down thats offered either.

As for what will I do in civilian life after I retire? Who knows. I have a commercial helicopter license with instrument rating, and I will be getting my fixed wing add on soon. So, who knows, maybe I'll fly for someone. Or, maybe I'll be a high school teacher, take summers off, and fly my own dang airplane anytime I want to. Hmmm... maybe start my own hobby shop and flying field so I can host my own fun fly. Never know what Im gonna do, but, no matter what it is, I can assure you, I will have fun doing it!

Laine.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 04:14 PM
Culver City, Ca
Joined Mar 2009
102 Posts
Yea, when my job was all physical I had the 'six pack'. Now that I sit at a desk all day, I have had to settle for the 'Pony Keg'.

fox7
Fox7 is offline Find More Posts by Fox7
Old Sep 16, 2010, 12:33 AM
RIP Bryce Russell Love U!
United States, AL, Headland
Joined Jun 2005
312 Posts
Oh My Goodness!! So much to say and I don't even know where to start! Guess the first thing I should say how sweet are you?! Thank you so much! I love you honey! I only handle everything that is thrown at me so well because I have you to lean on! We are the odd ones when it comes to military families, most can't make it through a whole career and it would of never happened if our kids weren't so great and their father wasn't so awesome! (By the way where did the last 18 years go anyways?!)

Now I don't know what you're talking about because MY husband is HOT! You look great to me just as you are! Although if you want to do whatever I am here for you and will support you in any way I can. As for me looking great I am not to sure about that. I will say though for a 37 year old who has given birth to 3 kids I could look a lot worse

Wish I could spend your birthday with you! Good luck on getting that schedule to work out for ya. We are counting the days till you head back this way and are excitedly awaiting your return to us.

Kristy
kmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by kmopar69
Old Sep 16, 2010, 01:47 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Love you honey. Thank you for being you and for putting up with me for so long.

Laine.