to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:08 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
I have some blue tips I'll give you for free. Just cover shipping
sounds great shoot me a pm with your paypal and how much shipping is going to be
shadow102 is offline Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:36 PM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,648 Posts
Let me run up to the attic and make sure that they're still in good shape and then I'll PMU with the address
DenverJayhawk is offline Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Apr 30, 2012, 06:44 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post
I was about 15-20ft up...just the right amount that i wasnt able to punch out and high enough to do some damage.

Its not really all that bad, the right wing took the brunt of the hit. Crushed some of the ply on the top leading edge in the middle and completely ripped the aileron out of the hinges.

I was kind of surprised to see the wing set costs more than a replacement fuse. Anybody have a spare right wing in blue/white and some blue racing tips they want to sell?
I have a wing but can't remember which side.Also the tips if i can find them.My trailer is still at Hodges as I brought my camper home from seff and have to go back for the trailer.Will get it tomorrow or wednesday and look then..If it is the side you need,you can have it for shipping costs.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Apr 30, 2012, 07:15 PM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
5,027 Posts
Got my Sunnysky motor today, always wanted to try a 14x7prop on my MXS and my wife thought I should spend some money on a plane so I ordered it. Very smooth running motor, on a fresh batt it pulled 690+ watts. Almost a direct bolt in from the Torque, just had to move the cowl ahead a little less than a 1/4". Hopefully get to try it out tomorrow after work. I also took the racing tips off and went back to just the sfg's, just didn't care for it with the racing tips.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Apr 30, 2012, 07:55 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
United States, NY, Alfred
Joined Apr 2009
7,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
I have a wing but can't remember which side.Also the tips if i can find them.My trailer is still at Hodges as I brought my camper home from seff and have to go back for the trailer.Will get it tomorrow or wednesday and look then..If it is the side you need,you can have it for shipping costs.
killed your mxs huh?

put together my second one this weekend. just waiting on servos and esc.
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Old Apr 30, 2012, 08:22 PM
Joined Mar 2011
4,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
I assume you will be at Nall? i can meet there as well that would be a life saver lmk
Old Apr 30, 2012, 08:25 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg View Post
killed your mxs huh?

put together my second one this weekend. just waiting on servos and esc.
No No,thankfully.Had a lot of fun flying the snot out of it during seff. I just acquired some spare parts some time ago. Thunk if i could,Id pass it on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post
I assume you will be at Nall? i can meet there as well that would be a life saver lmk
It is highly doubtful i can make Nall. I want to go,but the money just isn't there
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Apr 30, 2012, 08:30 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
United States, NY, Alfred
Joined Apr 2009
7,708 Posts
oh, good . most of my spare parts come from dead planes...
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Old Apr 30, 2012, 08:34 PM
Joined Mar 2011
4,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg View Post
oh, good . most of my spare parts come from dead planes...
I hear that...i have almost an entire 42" slick sitting there lol
Old May 01, 2012, 11:27 AM
United States, IL, Forest Park
Joined Jul 2011
116 Posts
Hey guys, I have a quick question on props. I am going to run the power combo on the MXS but I have 3s batteries so I was planning on starting out with those and most likely going to try 4s later in the summer. What prop would be acceptable for this setup? I have a 13x8 prop but would I be better off with something like a 13x6.5? Thanks for you help!
thebuckeye is offline Find More Posts by thebuckeye
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mountain Models Lucky Ace
Old May 01, 2012, 11:39 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebuckeye View Post
Hey guys, I have a quick question on props. I am going to run the power combo on the MXS but I have 3s batteries so I was planning on starting out with those and most likely going to try 4s later in the summer. What prop would be acceptable for this setup? I have a 13x8 prop but would I be better off with something like a 13x6.5? Thanks for you help!
3D planes seem to do best with a half square prop, meaning the pitch is half the diameter.

I've run 3s and an APC 13/6.5E on the 2814 extensively and it really likes that combination. It pulls about 42 amps, so for me that is pushing it hard enough. You can try the 13/8, but make sure you check your amp draw and keep an eye on temperatures.
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old May 01, 2012, 11:42 AM
Joined Mar 2011
4,360 Posts
it should handle up to a 14x7 as well but ground clearance may get iffy

EDIT: airboss 45amp wont handle a 14x7 more than likely but the motor will take it
Old May 01, 2012, 11:59 AM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,867 Posts
14x7 works on the mxs but I would use an apc if you are rough on landings.

I dropped my mxs from 2-3ft and broke my xoar 13x6.5 prop.
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old May 01, 2012, 12:01 PM
United States, VA, Berryville
Joined May 2010
369 Posts
Hey guys I have a R/W/B MXS body laying around PM me if you need one.
kellyzo6 is offline Find More Posts by kellyzo6