HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 07, 2010, 09:30 AM
EXTREME FLIGHT's Avatar
United States, GA, Cumming
Joined Feb 2004
2,302 Posts
Still a few left.
EXTREME FLIGHT is offline Find More Posts by EXTREME FLIGHT
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2010, 05:08 PM
Love my Raven's!
cryhavoc38's Avatar
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,044 Posts
great looking plane.
I think I'm going to have to get one of these sometime early next year!

I love MXS's and MX-2's
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 07, 2010, 05:13 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Irg's Avatar
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTREME FLIGHT View Post
Still a few left.
Livinma1, snatch one of the few! I want to fly it .
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 07, 2010, 09:27 PM
Registered User
livinma1's Avatar
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg View Post
Livinma1, snatch one of the few! I want to fly it .
I am hoping to see Tim S this weekend and fondle his..Once I fall in love with it in person I will hit finish on checkout page.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 07, 2010, 09:44 PM
Registered User
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,629 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
great looking plane.
I think I'm going to have to get one of these sometime early next year!

I love MXS's and MX-2's
I've got a red one coming Chuck. I'll give ya the sticks if ya want next time I see you at the park.
Steve
stevelmaa is offline Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2010, 12:01 AM
Love my Raven's!
cryhavoc38's Avatar
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelmaa View Post
I've got a red one coming Chuck. I'll give ya the sticks if ya want next time I see you at the park.
Steve
Cool, thanks Steve!

Anytime you want to fly one of the EG's, let me know as well.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2010, 09:44 AM
Registered User
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,629 Posts
Thanks Chuck.
Steve
stevelmaa is offline Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2010, 02:51 PM
Knobbs
Friday Harbor, WA -San Juan Island
Joined Aug 2008
458 Posts
Well, I put my order in for a red one. It didn't say "out of stock", so I'm hoping for the best. It was late friday night, and I don't know if the website would automatically update availiability or not. Fingers crossed. Would really make my birthday to be puttin' one of these bad-boys together.

Rishelman
Rishelman is offline Find More Posts by Rishelman
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2010, 12:28 PM
Knobbs
Friday Harbor, WA -San Juan Island
Joined Aug 2008
458 Posts
I got one! I got one! Like a kid in a candy store!! Be here in a week. STOKED!!

Rishelman
Rishelman is offline Find More Posts by Rishelman
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2010, 01:25 PM
Registered User
livinma1's Avatar
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,564 Posts
Yup.. Mine is also ordered and will be here end of week.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2010, 07:28 AM
3D crazy
dukeofearl's Avatar
Australia, QLD, Warwick
Joined Aug 2010
144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejet View Post
Hi Mike,

I'm using the same setup as in my EF Edge EXP:

- Turnigy 3542SK 1000kV motor
- APC 13x6.5e prop
- Turnigy Nano-tech 3S2650 35c lipos
- Turnigy Plush 60A ESC
- HS65MG servos on the ailerons and rudder
- HS85MG servo on the elevator
groovejet,

Are you happy with your setup and does that motor have enough punch on 3S. I am experimenting at the moment, my last setup was putting out to many amps with a 14x7 and a 13x6 was underpowered on 3S. I am thinking of ordering a Turnigy 3542SK 1000kV motor and would be interested what you have to say.
dukeofearl is offline Find More Posts by dukeofearl
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2010, 09:17 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
Doc Austin's Avatar
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,366 Posts
I was keen to get my MXS finished before the MCRC electric fly in and rushed too much. Installing the stab is always the part I am worried about the most on any build, so I took my time and got it perfect. Then I realized I hadn't installed the elevator and now I'm screwed.

This is strictly my fault. I didn't read the instructions. Doah.

My friend Jim is an incredible builde so I'm going to give it to him to fix and finish. Jim will get it perfect, but he lives on the other side of the state and I won't have it for a few weeks. Kinda bummed I can't fly it right now, but it will be right when I get it.

The MXS looks great. I like the way the air is blocked off so it is forced to go straight out the exit. The rest of the plane is similar to the Edge 540T, except it sure feels like the fuselage is a lot lighter. I think it's going to be pretty floaty.
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2010, 09:21 AM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Irg's Avatar
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinma1 View Post
Yup.. Mine is also ordered and will be here end of week.
score! want me to build it for you?

that might be the only way it will fly this season.
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2010, 09:52 AM
Live to fly
bighead93's Avatar
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
I was keen to get my MXS finished before the MCRC electric fly in and rushed too much. Installing the stab is always the part I am worried about the most on any build, so I took my time and got it perfect. Then I realized I hadn't installed the elevator and now I'm screwed.

This is strictly my fault. I didn't read the instructions. Doah.

My friend Jim is an incredible builde so I'm going to give it to him to fix and finish. Jim will get it perfect, but he lives on the other side of the state and I won't have it for a few weeks. Kinda bummed I can't fly it right now, but it will be right when I get it.

The MXS looks great. I like the way the air is blocked off so it is forced to go straight out the exit. The rest of the plane is similar to the Edge 540T, except it sure feels like the fuselage is a lot lighter. I think it's going to be pretty floaty.
I think you could just cut out the area on the fuse to allow the elevator to slide in...and the glue it back in...there was a couple of kits where this was done.

My only issue I have had is the push rod for the elevator...I am only getting a couple of threads on the ball links and I still have to lean the servo arm back to attach it...the others worked perfect! Might look at getting a longer push rod...there is going to be a lot of stress on that surface!
bighead93 is offline Find More Posts by bighead93
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2010, 10:12 AM
TEAM EXTREME!
danielph's Avatar
High Prairie, WA
Joined Nov 2007
1,709 Posts
Doc, you could always just cut out the piece behind the elevator like we do with the other EXPs and slide it in from the back. Not the best way, but if you just put a small balsa doubler inside when you put the piece back in, you would be fine.
danielph is offline Find More Posts by danielph
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion EXTREME FLIGHT MXS EXP part 2-First prototype assembly and evaluation process EXTREME FLIGHT 3D Flying 2178 May 13, 2012 10:51 PM
Sold 48" Extreme Flight Edge 540T-EXP red white blue -$320 ARTF AirRaider_2009 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 5 Nov 07, 2010 10:50 PM
Video Extreme flight rc mxs-exp EXTREME FLIGHT Electric Plane Talk 10 Oct 18, 2010 12:44 PM
Sold 48" Edge EXP Extreme Flight, make offer crazyflyin Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 9 Sep 14, 2010 06:45 AM
Video Extreme Flight RC Extra 300 EXP 48" Teaser video! Jvdo Electric Plane Talk 6 Oct 21, 2009 02:48 PM