Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:30 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,864 Posts
That looks like how I land my crack yak!
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:32 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
Nice, I heard some clicks...you using the elevator to spoileron and elevator to flaperon mixes? Sorry if I asked you before. I've been experimenting with them in the sim.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Apr 26, 2012, 02:17 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6145k View Post
Nice, I heard some clicks...you using the elevator to spoileron and elevator to flaperon mixes? Sorry if I asked you before. I've been experimenting with them in the sim.
Nah. I just fly it on high rate all the time. I didn't hear any clicks. Must be some sort of weird vimeo thing. The video window isn't showing up properly either.
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Apr 26, 2012, 02:40 PM
Team Hillbilly (UK)
United Kingdom, England, Cambs
Joined Oct 2011
1,396 Posts
Quote:
You have a 'Divine Wind' about your flying another awesome video man...!!

Would love to fly with you - some of the stuff you do is just insane
Space Bat is offline Find More Posts by Space Bat
Old Apr 26, 2012, 06:37 PM
Joined Nov 2007
26 Posts
"...I heard some clicks."

I got those audible clicks when I tried to zoom in/out while videoing with my phone. The zoom didn't work while videoing, just clicked!?!?
frugalme is offline Find More Posts by frugalme
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:28 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,351 Posts
Makes sense. My son's p&s camera does the same in video mode.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Apr 28, 2012, 08:45 AM
Crash - Rebuild - Repeat
Atlanta, GA
Joined Aug 2007
496 Posts
Ef @ seff 2012

For those of you who can't make it to SEFF and can't wait for the magazine/web pages to post the pix...here are pictures of the upcoming products from EF --
efether is offline Find More Posts by efether
Old Apr 28, 2012, 05:24 PM
Joined Mar 2006
119 Posts
that 78" MXS looks good! I might have to replace my 78" Extra with that....

Just finished my new 48" MXS... need to get some vinyl on it, but I cannot wait to fly it!
50%plane is offline Find More Posts by 50%plane
Old Apr 28, 2012, 06:10 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,447 Posts
She sure looks pretty... I like the RWB the more I see it.
bryansifsof44 is offline Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:48 AM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,314 Posts
got the 48" mxs out today for the first time in a long while. Moved the battery back almost 2inches so now the CG is a lot better, the plane will actually hover now.

Huge thumbs up to Doc...that little video on the elevators was great and i had them nailed down after the third try, makes transitioning into harrier much much easier and even got me back on track working on harriers .
shadow102 is offline Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:29 AM
United States, CA, Redding
Joined Feb 2011
1,043 Posts
Are they going to make the 48 MXS in that yellow scheme? I can see my next plane!
I got to try my 1st EF plane last night. A red, yelow, and black Edge purchased at the sale. Thanks Curtis! After 2 days of 20 mph winds I could wait no more and put her up. It was blowing so hard you could not leave a plane on the table. after about 6 flights the wind calmed down some and I could tell she will be one of my favorites. I did not install the SFG and it flew great! almost zero coupling in knife edge and the elevators were very stable. One thing I think I am going to do though is tighten the tiller arm screw all the way tight. I have the pivot right on the hinge line and it should not cause any binding. I hate the way the wheel flops around with it loose. Also it seems like it would put more stress on the rudder being able to rock a bit. All of my 3DHS birds in this size are locked into position so I see no problem with this.
Mr Big Head is offline Find More Posts by Mr Big Head
Old Apr 29, 2012, 02:58 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post
Huge thumbs up to Doc...that little video on the elevators was great and i had them nailed down after the third try, makes transitioning into harrier much much easier and even got me back on track working on harriers .
Glad you found it helpful. Please subscribe to my blog. We have a lot more cool stuff planned this year. I am really looking forward to the Laser and Pantera projects.

The thing about harrier practise is that is it incredibly boring at first, mostly because it is one failure after the next. Elevators are a lot easier to get going, and safer because you start out higher. Once you get a little success with the elevators going, harrier becomes a lot more natural, and a lot more fun to work on.

OK, Vimeo apparently has it sorted now, so the last video is finally showing up.......

Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Apr 29, 2012, 06:08 PM
Joined Mar 2011
4,314 Posts
Quote:
The thing about harrier practise is that is it incredibly boring at first, mostly because it is one failure after the next. Elevators are a lot easier to get going, and safer because you start out higher. Once you get a little success with the elevators going, harrier becomes a lot more natural, and a lot more fun to work on.
ahhh i think you jinxed me Lost orientation tonight in the harrier and put the plane into the ground. The best part though it you werent kidding these airframes are super tough. The few things that did break in the fuse are very repairable and i will just need a new right wing and racing tip.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 08:28 AM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
How high were you when you did the harrier shadow? Seems like a lot of damage for harrier dump.
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:44 AM
Joined Mar 2011
4,314 Posts
I was about 15-20ft up...just the right amount that i wasnt able to punch out and high enough to do some damage.

Its not really all that bad, the right wing took the brunt of the hit. Crushed some of the ply on the top leading edge in the middle and completely ripped the aileron out of the hinges.

I was kind of surprised to see the wing set costs more than a replacement fuse. Anybody have a spare right wing in blue/white and some blue racing tips they want to sell?