HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 20, 2012, 03:23 AM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
I wish I could get a red one.
If you say it often enough and loud enough EF will probably post one over to you for free.

Maybe they are holding back because you wreck to many or treat them with disrespect...or maybe because they just cleared out 100% of all their stock and will have to wait for the next shipment.
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2012, 08:16 AM
Crash - Rebuild - Repeat
Atlanta, GA
Joined Aug 2007
499 Posts
I was out at the Flying Field yesterday, and Chris was out there flying the NEW Prototypes, the 78" MXS (87" with racing tips) and the 91" Edge (spans corrected per Chris's post below, and I'm not sure if those are ALL of the new Prototypes, but they were the ones he was flying). THEY WERE AWESOME!!!! He's going to take them to SEFF to show off and officially announce, so he was maidening them yesterday, and running them through the ringer.

At first, when I pulled into the parking lot...he was firing up the engine (DA-60 on KS Pipe Turning a Mejzlick 34x10TH...corrected per Chris's post below) on the Extra. I thought it was a 70" Extra from the distance...but I recognized Chris at the controls, so I grabbed a seat and watched the airshow. After he landed, I put my plane up...and when I landed, he was rolling out the new MXS. Well, there's no mistaking an 78" MXS as anything but an 78" MXS, and I know EF doesn't have an MXS that big...so it really caught my attention. I put my plane in the car...and watched. W-O-W!!! It was spectacular!! Fantastic!!! Awesome!!!! Stupendous!!!!! Mindblowing!!!!!! etc., etc., etc.

When he landed, I asked about it...size, motor, battery size (it was electric, AXI 5325/24 on 10S -- corrected) and most importantly...if he was taking it to SEFF and when it was going on sale. I don't want to ruin the announcements that will be made at SEFF, so let's just say...summer.

Let me tell you all...Chris is an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G pilot. I've never seen such an amazing display of pilot skill...or maybe, the planes were just that good that they made him look that fantastic.

I was so engrossed .... I was late for dinner. Got an earful from the wife, but it was worth it.
efether is offline Find More Posts by efether
Last edited by efether; Apr 20, 2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 08:20 AM
Team Hillbilly (UK)
United Kingdom, England, Cambs
Joined Oct 2011
1,396 Posts
Sounds like some excellent planes in the offing - lucky you for the sneak preview

I think when the official announcement is made....people should have a box of tissues at the ready...
Space Bat is offline Find More Posts by Space Bat
Old Apr 20, 2012, 09:49 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigroger View Post
Maybe they are holding back because you wreck to many or treat them with disrespect...
Actually they like it that I treat them so badly. I don't leave much doubt about how tough these planes are.
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Apr 20, 2012, 09:57 AM
Extreme Flight Tech Support
Johns Creek, GA
Joined Jan 2005
819 Posts
just to stop rumors.. not correct on either plane.
exeter_acres is offline Find More Posts by exeter_acres
Last edited by exeter_acres; Apr 20, 2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:07 AM
United States, GA, Cumming
Joined Feb 2004
2,312 Posts
Thanks for the post efether. Nice to speak with you at GMA yesterday. Just so we get things right and don't cause any unnecessary panic I'm going to correct your post here. I was testing and dialing in the new 78" MXS for SEFF. I was flying it with the SFGs and racing tips attached which make the span 87"! I am flying this with the AXI 5325/24 (amazing motor and worth every penny!) on 10s 5000 packs.
The other plane I was flying was the 91" Extra 300EXP. It is powered by the DA-60 on a KS pipe turning a Mejzlick 24x10TH. Stay tuned to SEFF coverage for more details on the MXS. The Extra will be with us at the Nall in a few weeks.
EXTREME FLIGHT is offline Find More Posts by EXTREME FLIGHT
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:28 AM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTREME FLIGHT View Post
Thanks for the post efether. Nice to speak with you at GMA yesterday. Just so we get things right and don't cause any unnecessary panic I'm going to correct your post here. I was testing and dialing in the new 78" MXS for SEFF. I was flying it with the SFGs and racing tips attached which make the span 87"! I am flying this with the AXI 5325/24 (amazing motor and worth every penny!) on 10s 5000 packs.
The other plane I was flying was the 91" Extra 300EXP. It is powered by the DA-60 on a KS pipe turning a Mejzlick 24x10TH. Stay tuned to SEFF coverage for more details on the MXS. The Extra will be with us at the Nall in a few weeks.
Chris, awesome info! any chance on an update for when the Pantera will be available for purchase?
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:29 AM
Crash - Rebuild - Repeat
Atlanta, GA
Joined Aug 2007
499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTREME FLIGHT View Post
Thank you for the correction (I fixed my post accordingly)! They were awesome, and your flying was amazing!!! I guess I was too excited to remember all the details...I even said that in my post ("I hope I have the wing spans right." Henceforth removed for the corrected data).

Truly amazing planes...and I want both! And, absolutely spectacular flying!!
Last edited by efether; Apr 20, 2012 at 01:58 PM.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:30 AM
Johns Creek, GA
Joined Jan 2005
819 Posts
LOL!
Sheesh spies at the secret test field!
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:37 AM
Crash - Rebuild - Repeat
Atlanta, GA
Joined Aug 2007
499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by exeter_acres View Post
LOL!
Luck! Pure luck that I was there when they were flying! And just too excited not to say something!

Besides...I'll keep the pictures and videos to myself. Further, had Chris told me to "Keep it on the DL...." I would have taken it to my grave.
Last edited by efether; Apr 20, 2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 11:55 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,592 Posts
wow. SFGs and wing tips add 9" to the wing span? They must be huge.
DenverJayhawk is offline Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Apr 20, 2012, 11:57 AM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,648 Posts
9/2=4.5
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:49 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by exeter_acres View Post
LOL!
yep GMA...one of the largest and probably nicest fields in the area is super secret lol. I do need to go check that place out.
shadow102 is online now Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Apr 20, 2012, 05:26 PM
Johns Creek, GA
Joined Jan 2005
819 Posts
gma? never heard of the place!
Old Apr 20, 2012, 06:48 PM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -= GYRO =- View Post
If you go get a soldering iron or exacto knife to use instead, you could keep your wife happy.
I have both a soldering iron and exact knife. However, the paperclip method word best for me.

"The easiest way to make the openings is by 'cutting' the film with the heated end of a paperclip (use a cigarette lighter or candle).This method ensures a clean,accurate cut that is not prone to splitting or peeling."
Wingbreaker is offline Find More Posts by Wingbreaker