HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 21, 2012, 06:38 PM
Team Hillbilly (UK)
United Kingdom, England, Cambs
Joined Oct 2011
1,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG43 View Post
Well I'm kinda bummed. My mxs shut off in the air and went down hard. After close inspection I found the spring type thing on the deans connector for the airboss esc to be flatter than normal and not springy like it should be. I can wiggle the wires with a battery connected and get it to lose power for a second. I've seen other people with really old deans connectors have the spring thing worn out, but not on a new one. Bummer. Expensive lesson.
Sorry to hear - I hate deans...with a passion
Space Bat is offline Find More Posts by Space Bat
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2012, 07:11 PM
Glens Falls, NY
Joined Apr 2010
1,296 Posts
On the subject of the connectors. I've had 3 batteries hooked up to the esc. The one that was in the plane when it went down...that one I can wiggle the wires and get the esc to shut off without a ton of effort.

Another battery I can get it to shut off but it takes quite a bit of effort. This battery has a darker connector than the other two.

The last battery I can not get to shut off no matter how hard I try (I think it shut off once actually). This one has a connector the same shade as the battery #1 that was in the plane. I have some NIP deans and they are the same shade as battery 1 and 3. I'm sure batteries 1 and 3 have genuine deans. Not sure about 2. What does this tell me...not much really, lol....

In my opinion the deans on the esc was flawed directly from the deans factory. Will definitely be taking a quick look at my other connectors before flying them next time, especially ones on new planes. But I'm sure they're fine, I think this is a very isolated case.

If anyone has a good blue/white fuse or left wing for sale, left me know. Otherwise I'm going to order a new plane on Monday.
TG43 is offline Find More Posts by TG43
Old Mar 21, 2012, 07:11 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,650 Posts
mine bought it yesterday. very sad. as of yet have not been able to determine a cause--complete loss of control from about 30' up.
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Old Mar 21, 2012, 07:22 PM
Glens Falls, NY
Joined Apr 2010
1,296 Posts
Sorry to see that Irg. That's a lot of damage. Looks like it was pretty spectacular! Mine was boring. And it was yesterday also, lol.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 07:22 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,330 Posts
Ouch. Rough day in the MXS thread.
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Old Mar 21, 2012, 07:28 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777 View Post
Ouch. Rough day in the MXS thread.

or time to get a new fuse day!

lets try to make some lemonade out of lemons, those wings and elevators look ok on both of them. Could be wrong on TG43's case though but get a new fuse and fly it in anger with out a care in the world.
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Mar 21, 2012, 08:24 PM
Glens Falls, NY
Joined Apr 2010
1,296 Posts
Just fixed my wing...and I mean like new! Missing a couple pieces of my fuse puzzle, going take a look where it crashed tomorrow. If I can find them it will be good as new. Just need landing gear and a wing tube, VR-1 tube I suspect will work.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 08:42 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,650 Posts
one wing is fine on mine. the rest is toothpicks.
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Old Mar 21, 2012, 09:35 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg View Post
one wing is fine on mine. the rest is toothpicks.
Man, sorry to see that. It especially sucks that is was a radio deal. If I stuff one on my own I can live with it because most of the time I am asking fore it, but an equipment failure is just maddening.

Check this for awesome. Click on below......

I can't believe that worked!

Now that you have flown an MXS, you won't be happy with anything else. I've got four of them!
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:19 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,624 Posts
If I lost mine... I would instantly order one.
bryansifsof44 is online now Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:22 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,164 Posts
sorry for you guys who lost your planes yesterday.that do suck..
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Mar 22, 2012, 04:22 AM
Joined Oct 2011
4,624 Posts
Some pics from tonight
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 22, 2012, 04:24 AM
Joined Oct 2011
4,624 Posts
Cont.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 22, 2012, 04:41 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg View Post
mine bought it yesterday. very sad. as of yet have not been able to determine a cause--complete loss of control from about 30' up.
My condolences.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:21 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,807 Posts
The MXS carnage has been spectacular, and I even crashed mine. Fortunately it hit just right and all it did was delaminate the LG, but walking up to it I thought it had to be trashed.

I posted this on the owners thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin
I think I have just learned to know when to give up, cut the power, level the wings and take what is coming to me. You can actually learn to reduce the crash damage if you bail early enough. You only have a split second to make up your mind that you are crashing, and then position the plane the best you can so you don't cartwheel it. Even if you rip out the landing gear or something, cartwheeling strips servos and bends motor shafts. If you cxan get the plane to hit flush that will most often save your equipment. If you cartwheel it, you are going to tear uyp everything.
And here is the long awaited crash footage.....................

MXS EXP__The MXS Loves Abuse (5 min 47 sec)

Torque 2814 Motor
Airboss 45 Elite ESC
Thunder Power 4s 2600 65C Pro Power batteries
APC 12/6E Propeller
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Last edited by Doc Austin; Mar 22, 2012 at 12:52 PM.