HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 13, 2012, 07:56 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingbreaker View Post
I just had an opportunity to look at the MXS kit that I bought. I must say the quality and finish seems better than the other 2 major company's planes I got recently. I like how they cut all the covering for you. The carbon rods on the motor mount seem like a wise choice. I hope it flies as well as the other big 2. I'm sure it is going to build easier.
Welcome to the world of MXS owners... I think it flies BETTER and than the other big 2.
What motor/servos are you planning to run?
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2012, 08:08 PM
bryansifsof44's Avatar
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,438 Posts
I'm happy with the performace and durability of the MXS. Coming up on 300 flights and put her through hell and back and, IMO she's still pretty.
bryansifsof44 is offline Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2012, 07:24 PM
Registered User
TG43's Avatar
Glens Falls, NY
Joined Apr 2010
1,296 Posts
Maidened my MXS. Flew great. Was a little bit different maiden for me since everything was new, first time trying savox servos (felt good)...even switched from Spektrum to Futaba radio. Quite a bit nose heavy I think which is good because I was hoping to move the battery back a bit to make it easier to get in and out, it's under the cowl a bit now.

That's my story.
I love planes!
TG43 is offline Find More Posts by TG43
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by TG43; Mar 14, 2012 at 07:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:26 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG43 View Post
Maidened my MXS. Flew great. Was a little bit different maiden for me since everything was new, first time trying savox servos (felt good)...even switched from Spektrum to Futaba radio. Quite a bit nose heavy I think which is good because I was hoping to move the battery back a bit to make it easier to get in and out, it's under the cowl a bit now.

That's my story.
I love planes!
Congrats on your maiden!! The MXS is an awesome plane. I like it much better than the 3dhs Velox that I had. The MXS is just as capable but MUCH more stable.
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:29 PM
Registered User
TG43's Avatar
Glens Falls, NY
Joined Apr 2010
1,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickg66 View Post
The MXS is just as capable but MUCH more stable.
Thanks...and I agree.
TG43 is offline Find More Posts by TG43
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 15, 2012, 04:51 AM
Registered User
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickg66 View Post
Congrats on your maiden!! The MXS is an awesome plane. I like it much better than the 3dhs Velox that I had. The MXS is just as capable but MUCH more stable.
I found this to be true as well, not that the Velox VR1 isn't a great plane. For me I think the Velox is a little better at the slower stuff, whereas the MXS is more of a hot rod that loves to go all out.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 09:59 AM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
I found this to be true as well, not that the Velox VR1 isn't a great plane. For me I think the Velox is a little better at the slower stuff, whereas the MXS is more of a hot rod that loves to go all out.
Agreed, however once I put a 13x6 on MXS, it harriers almost as good as my 48" Edge. This plane will do slow stuff well, just not on a 12x6.
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:22 AM
bryansifsof44's Avatar
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,438 Posts
Was working on a little low and slow... Cleared up just in time to fly
Extreme Flight MXS 3/14/12 (6 min 9 sec)
bryansifsof44 is offline Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 12:48 PM
Registered User
TG43's Avatar
Glens Falls, NY
Joined Apr 2010
1,296 Posts
Good stuff Bryan!
TG43 is offline Find More Posts by TG43
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 15, 2012, 01:23 PM
Team Hillbilly (UK)
Space Bat's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Cambs
Joined Oct 2011
1,396 Posts
Nice flying
Space Bat is offline Find More Posts by Space Bat
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 02:05 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
Doc Austin's Avatar
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansifsof44 View Post
Was working on a little low and slow... Cleared up just in time to fly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Buso_...xdvxlYfgMAM%3D
Awesome. I don't know how you can see a blue and white plane so well against the snow and grey sky.
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 02:15 PM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansifsof44 View Post
Was working on a little low and slow... Cleared up just in time to fly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Buso_...xdvxlYfgMAM%3D
DUDE!! SICK INVERTED HARRIERS MAN!! Way to go..Thats the kind of huckin I'm trying to learn to do man..Just awesome low and slow...I thought that sounded like a motrolfly motor in there.
KE were off the chain too..wow.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 03:26 PM
bryansifsof44's Avatar
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,438 Posts
Thanks guys... It's coming along! I want to get a 60" bird as soon as I can... I am up in the air on the new MXS or the edge... I'm leaning towords the edge because I want to try one out... But the MXS is so tempting since I have so much time in one. Doc, believe it or not it's actually pretty easy to orientate direction with the color scheme. If they came out with a 60" MXS in this color scheme, I would undoubtedly go with it.
bryansifsof44 is offline Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 05:08 PM
Registered User
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansifsof44 View Post
Thanks guys... It's coming along! I want to get a 60" bird as soon as I can... I am up in the air on the new MXS or the edge... I'm leaning towords the edge because I want to try one out... But the MXS is so tempting since I have so much time in one. Doc, believe it or not it's actually pretty easy to orientate direction with the color scheme. If they came out with a 60" MXS in this color scheme, I would undoubtedly go with it.
You would kill it with a 60" Edge, it's the best plane I own.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2012, 09:54 AM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
going out in a little bit to run 4 packs through my MXS! Going to work on harriers today, and even try a flaperon/spoileron mix.
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video Extreme flight rc mxs-exp EXTREME FLIGHT Electric Plane Talk 12 Jul 21, 2014 06:24 PM
Discussion EXTREME FLIGHT MXS EXP part 2-First prototype assembly and evaluation process EXTREME FLIGHT 3D Flying 2178 May 13, 2012 10:51 PM
Sold 48" Extreme Flight Edge 540T-EXP red white blue -$320 ARTF AirRaider_2009 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 5 Nov 07, 2010 10:50 PM
Sold 48" Edge EXP Extreme Flight, make offer crazyflyin Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 9 Sep 14, 2010 06:45 AM
Video Extreme Flight RC Extra 300 EXP 48" Teaser video! Jvdo Electric Plane Talk 6 Oct 21, 2009 02:48 PM