HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 20, 2012, 08:37 AM
Team Extreme Flight, JR, BandE
Georgetown, IN
Joined Dec 2003
2,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG43 View Post
Question...Airtronics 94809's would be a good choice for servo for this plane right? Is the 94809 loose in the servo cut out for the elevator?
I am running the Airtronics 94809's on my Extra and MXS EXP's. They are excellent servos but pricey, if you can afford it I doubt you will find better. I am using the 94809 on the MXS elevator and it works but is the minimum. Also Hercdriver and Chris Hinson have used the 94809's if you need additional testimony.
Jeff Williams
jwilliamsrc is online now Find More Posts by jwilliamsrc
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2012, 08:10 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
United States, NY, Alfred
Joined Apr 2009
7,706 Posts
are you guys with the DM 2820-750 using any spacers or just bolt it right to the firewall?
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:06 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg View Post
are you guys with the DM 2820-750 using any spacers or just bolt it right to the firewall?
mine is right to the firewall..
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:23 AM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
mine is right to the firewall..
How is your spinner gap?
bryansifsof44 is online now Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
Old Feb 21, 2012, 12:25 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
United States, NY, Alfred
Joined Apr 2009
7,706 Posts
thanks Manta
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Old Feb 21, 2012, 01:35 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansifsof44 View Post
How is your spinner gap?
Bought 2mm on mine, maybe more.
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Feb 21, 2012, 03:44 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
12,144 Posts
Quote:
How is your spinner gap?
Very nice thank you.. see attached.

This is the DM2820 in the Edge, I assume the MXS will fit up much the same. Cowl is at it's most forward position.
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:29 AM
Joined Oct 2011
4,735 Posts
Posted this in the Owners Thread, but here is a is the video of the MXS with the Motrolfly 2820-750 and a Castle ICE 75 lite spinning a 14x7 APC e prop running on a Gens Ace 4s 2500mAh 25C.
Extreme Flight MXS 2/25/12 (4 min 23 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 26, 2012, 09:38 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
Quote:
How is your spinner gap?
it was ok till i let Losi fly it hehehehehe.
i think the msx is a bit shorter in the motor box area? My spinner gap is out there some but my plane got crashed the first weekend it was ran so it is a bit beat up.I just fly the punk out of it now.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:03 PM
3D Legion: "for we are many"
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Sep 2003
2,925 Posts
What are the ultimate servos for the MXS?
aerosheldon is online now Find More Posts by aerosheldon
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:06 PM
Joined Oct 2011
4,735 Posts
I vote for the digital versions of the recomended hitecs, but make sure you have enough power to them. Others run Savox with success.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2012, 08:32 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, SC, Greenville
Joined Nov 2009
224 Posts
mxs (3 min 8 sec)

Last video of my mxs before it gets sold.
cbriggs11 is offline Find More Posts by cbriggs11
Old Feb 27, 2012, 11:36 AM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerosheldon View Post
What are the ultimate servos for the MXS?
Quote:
I vote for the digital versions of the recomended hitecs, but make sure you have enough power to them. Others run Savox with success.
At first, I installed the Savox SH-0255MG in the tails, and SH-0257MG in the ailerons. Everything worked great, tons of deflection, fast movement, etc. Flew her this way for 12 flights, with ZERO problems. However, I just ordered a slightly larger airplane that needed the more powerful servos so last night I pulled them out and replaced them with HS-65MGs all around except the elevator, which got a HS-85MG. This is the "factory" recommended setup. Haven't flown with this config yet, however I suspect it'll do just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbriggs11 View Post
http://vimeo.com/37520473

Last video of my mxs before it gets sold.
Nice video Coty!
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:26 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, SC, Greenville
Joined Nov 2009
224 Posts
Thanks
cbriggs11 is offline Find More Posts by cbriggs11
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:48 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickg66 View Post
However, I just ordered a slightly larger airplane that needed the more powerful servos so last night I pulled them out and replaced them with HS-65MGs all around except the elevator, which got a HS-85MG. This is the "factory" recommended setup. Haven't flown with this config yet, however I suspect it'll do just fine.
I ran that set up in my original MXS for about 250 flights before a transmitter failure took that plane out, then transferred them into my project blue MXS beater, and put about 200 flights on them in that before a brain glitch trashed that one.

Right now those servos are at Hi Tec getting checked over. I figure 450 flights is probably too much to ask from a set of servos, especially as hard as we push these little things. Hi Tec should probably tell me to stuff it because I got my money out of them, but I am betting they will fix the scored potentiometers in some, and the damaged amplifiers in others. In servos that have both, I am betting they just replace them. This has been the pattern I've seen from their service department for the last five years.

One humorous note is a few weeks ago I actually got a phone call from Hi Tec service. The guy says "Sir, what the heck are you doing to these things?" Seems I have sent so many back with stripped gears they had to put a stop to it, because gears are not covered under warranty. In the past they just fixed them anyway, but I guess when the number hit 50 it set off a few alarms there! Hi Tec generoulsy fixed that one last batch of servos for me anyway, but suggested that I learn how to swap out gears on my own.

So, now I have to learn how to change gears, but in the long run that will be a positive. A set of gears for a 65HB servo are about $4, and it includes the little plastic idler gear that is identical to the one that you usually strip in the MG servos. It costs more than that to send a servo back, so I will just need to get some better magnifier glasses and start swapping out gears.

Here's the last video of my beloved project blue MXS. These servos have close to 450 flights on them, but you can see there's no stalling, blowback or delay in response. It would be impossibgle to be more pleased wih a set of servos. The best part is I will be without them for a week, and then they will either be brand new or good as new.

Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Last edited by Doc Austin; Feb 27, 2012 at 12:54 PM.