HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:12 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,157 Posts
15 mph wind in your face at Hodges Hobbies today. Just hucked msx in front of a small crowd of new guys. Harrier to elevator to landing in front of me lol. Backed it right to me. Sometimes wind is fun if it is steady and going in the right direction lol
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:59 PM
NYC
Joined Nov 2006
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitech1 View Post
How did you get the Hacker to fit in your cowl?? It is 1.81" long and the Torque is only 1.69". I tried a Heads Up 3548, which is 1.88" long and it sticks past the cowl Big Time!!

Dennis
I had this issue in the Extra 300. I extended the edges of the top and sides of the fuse 1/4 by gluing on some 1/4" balsa and shaping. Tis was during a rebuild, the first former was rep lad so I had the covering at that end off. Do I was able to move the cowl forward 1/4 so there was no gap. Then I recovered the ship, and it looked super.

Some have used this motor this without modification and just lived with the gap, but since was doing a repair anyway, I just made it look right for that motor. I trimmed the front 14" of the canopy with some ultracote to clean the edge since it no long slipped under the top edge of the cowl,
jbpence is offline Find More Posts by jbpence
Old Dec 30, 2011, 03:30 PM
United States, FL, Brandon
Joined Dec 2007
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpence View Post
I had this issue in the Extra 300. I extended the edges of the top and sides of the fuse 1/4 by gluing on some 1/4" balsa and shaping. Tis was during a rebuild, the first former was rep lad so I had the covering at that end off. Do I was able to move the cowl forward 1/4 so there was no gap. Then I recovered the ship, and it looked super.

Some have used this motor this without modification and just lived with the gap, but since was doing a repair anyway, I just made it look right for that motor. I trimmed the front 14" of the canopy with some ultracote to clean the edge since it no long slipped under the top edge of the cowl,

I was hoping there was an easier way. I guess I will just live with it or look for other that are the right length (42mm 1.69").

Thanks for taking the time to explain how you fix your problem.

Dennis
Hitech1 is offline Find More Posts by Hitech1
Old Dec 31, 2011, 12:16 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,724 Posts
I met up with my friend Luv3D today at SPARKS and we threw it down. We didnt quite break ewverything week took out, but we tried real hard.

I had a really good day with the MXS. Two more videos are cooking now.

Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Dec 31, 2011, 07:05 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
15 mph wind in your face at Hodges Hobbies today. Just hucked msx in front of a small crowd of new guys. Harrier to elevator to landing in front of me lol. Backed it right to me. Sometimes wind is fun if it is steady and going in the right direction lol
So I was flying my msx thursday evening and for about 4 flights on friday (yestrrday) set my tx down and noticed it didnt "prop up on the antenna" like it usu did. It layed pretty flat on the table. Yep, the antenna was in the tx box!!!
Yea, tell me xps doesnt have a solid dang link. Even flew it in a small crowd of planes this way.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 07:47 AM
Ta-dah!
Texas
Joined May 2007
4,463 Posts
Man, I need to get me an MSX in 2012. That plane just looks like a lot of fun.
blakevan is offline Find More Posts by blakevan
Old Dec 31, 2011, 09:54 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakevan View Post
Man, I need to get me an MSX in 2012.
There's still time to get one this year, though not much.

Quote:
That plane just looks like a lot of fun.
The MXS' are joint favorites with my Extra EXPs. I like them the same, but I do tend to push the MXS harder and try more crazy stuff with them.

Speaking of which, go to 2:30, and then 3:00. As far as I am aware, these are the first two instances of parachute-to-hover. Maybe someone has done them before, but I've never seen or heard of it. The plane arcs into it a little, but it is very close to a pure 90 degre rotation with the plane headed straight down.

I believe I was also getting some elvator blowback because the servo was bouncing when centering. I changed it out for a new one and we'l try it again later today and get it perfect.

Old Dec 31, 2011, 05:50 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,724 Posts
Last MXS video for awhile. I'm going to concentrate on the 60" Extra for awhile.

Old Dec 31, 2011, 08:47 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,588 Posts
Hey Doc,
I to would also like my throttle set up like yours... you run Futaba right? I have a 7c and was wondering if that was possible. If so where do start.
Thanks
Bryan
bryansifsof44 is offline Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
Old Jan 01, 2012, 11:00 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansifsof44 View Post
Hey Doc,
I to would also like my throttle set up like yours... you run Futaba right? I have a 7c and was wondering if that was possible. If so where do start.
Thanks
Bryan
I go to PMX (pre-mix) and set throttle as master, and throttle as slave. Put the mix on a switch, and I like my "A" switch for that simply because that's where my timer has always been.

Turn the TX on with the "A" switch in the off position, plug the battery in, turn the Airboss switch on. Let the ESC play the tune, then flip on the "A" switch and dial in the mix until the motor idles. I usually end up with around a minus 27 to minus 30mix.

After that, be careful that the "A" switch is off before you do anything. If it is on when the ESC isw turned on, the ESC will look for the endpoints of the throttle range, and if the switch is in the on position, it will ignore the mix ad it won't work.

The procedure is: "idle" switch off, radio on, airplane on, flip "A" switch to start idloe. If you screw it up and the idle doesn't work, flip the "A" switch off, unplug the battery and start over.

I know it sounds very complicated, but that's just how it plays out in writing. If you could see me do it, you'de agree that it's really pretty simple. It just translates into 1000 words.

Last edited by Doc Austin; Jan 01, 2012 at 12:25 PM.
Old Jan 01, 2012, 01:45 PM
Joined Oct 2011
4,588 Posts
Awesome thank you sir
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2012, 05:43 PM
Joined Oct 2011
4,588 Posts
Quote:
Thanks
Bryan
I go to PMX (pre-mix) and set throttle as master, and throttle as slave. Put the mix on a switch, and I like my "A" switch for that simply because that's where my timer has always been.

Turn the TX on with the "A" switch in the off position, plug the battery in, turn the Airboss switch on. Let the ESC play the tune, then flip on the "A" switch and dial in the mix until the motor idles. I usually end up with around a minus 27 to minus 30mix.

After that, be careful that the "A" switch is off before you do anything. If it is on when the ESC isw turned on, the ESC will look for the endpoints of the throttle range, and if the switch is in the on position, it will ignore the mix ad it won't work.

The procedure is: "idle" switch off, radio on, airplane on, flip "A" switch to start idloe. If you screw it up and the idle doesn't work, flip the "A" switch off, unplug the battery and start over.

I know it sounds very complicated, but that's just how it plays out in writing. If you could see me do it, you'de agree that it's really pretty simple. It just translates into 1000 words.

Throttle Mix For Better Performance

Idle Mix for Better Performance (0 min 57 sec)
Worked perfect! I have a offset of -15 tho
Thanks
Bryan
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 05, 2012, 09:22 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,724 Posts
Yesterday I went flying with Manta, and he put a good hammering on his own MXS.....

Old Jan 13, 2012, 11:18 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,157 Posts
this thread needs a little bump

Motrolfly Fun (1 min 17 sec)
Old Jan 14, 2012, 06:46 AM
Ta-dah!
Texas