HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 12, 2011, 10:52 PM
Registered User
United States, AL, Pelham
Joined Jan 2011
45 Posts
Photos of my Addiction X gear for my MXS

See photo captions.

I should add that I marked the center in between the two diagonal holes on the Addiction X gear and then temporarily mounted the gear on the fuse. THEN I added the thin CA to "stick" them together. I then removed the gear and semi soaked thin CA in under the inside and outside edges and down in the Addiction X holes not used. Hit it with kicker and I have nice solid gear.

As I said in the other post the wheels and pants mounted with no modification necessary.
bigtiii is offline Find More Posts by bigtiii
Last edited by bigtiii; Oct 13, 2011 at 10:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2011, 06:37 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
hercdriver7777's Avatar
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,330 Posts
Just FYI, I called Curtis today and they do have MXS gear in stock! I killed mine the other day when a battery SIEed in a hover low to the ground. The gear took the pain and the airframe is 100%!
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 07:23 PM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Tom K.'s Avatar
Florida
Joined Nov 2010
3,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtiii View Post
See photo captions.

I should add that I marked the center in between the two diagonal holes on the Addiction X gear and then temporarily mounted the gear on the fuse. THEN I added the thin CA to "stick" them together. I then removed the gear and semi soaked thin CA in under the inside and outside edges and down in the Addiction X holes not used. Hit it with kicker and I have nice solid gear.

As I said in the other post the wheels and pants mounted with no modification necessary.
I like the decals on your plane in the last photo
Tom K. is offline Find More Posts by Tom K.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 12S on the 3DHS 74" Edge 540
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 02:28 PM
Registered User
United States, AL, Pelham
Joined Jan 2011
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom K. View Post
I like the decals on your plane in the last photo
Well thank you. I always second guess my "taste" in decal application. LOL
bigtiii is offline Find More Posts by bigtiii
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 02:32 PM
Registered User
United States, AL, Pelham
Joined Jan 2011
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777 View Post
Just FYI, I called Curtis today and they do have MXS gear in stock! I killed mine the other day when a battery SIEed in a hover low to the ground. The gear took the pain and the airframe is 100%!
Well I doubt I'll be able to break these ADDY X gear as they are sturdy as the day is long but it's good to know they have gear back in stock for others.

I hope they are tougher than the batch mine came out of. They were near paper thin at the axle mount point. Doc or someone said they had a run of kits with gear that was too thin.

I flew it through some brush Saturday after a 2 and 1/2 turn snap 20' off the ground and it flew through the brush.....collected some brush in the elevator. Broke the left elevator half (easy fix thanks to the toughness of the airframe) and had to make a parachute landing on rough terrain. Fairly soft landing but hard enough to test the new gear. Worked great!
bigtiii is offline Find More Posts by bigtiii
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 02:52 PM
If it hovers I fly it.
Brubache's Avatar
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Jun 2010
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatmeal Savage View Post
Thanks very much.
Guess theres another MXS in town Nice to see I am not the only one now!
Brubache is offline Find More Posts by Brubache
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 03:01 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
Doc Austin's Avatar
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtiii View Post
Doc or someone said they had a run of kits with gear that was too thin.
No, wasn't me.
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 09:07 AM
Registered User
United States, AL, Pelham
Joined Jan 2011
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
No, wasn't me.
It was in one of our email exchanges back in September. No biggie just trying to remember where I read that.
bigtiii is offline Find More Posts by bigtiii
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 02:34 PM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,170 Posts
Sooooo anyone gonna be around St Petersburg or near abouts around say,,next week?

I have an mxs that may need some salty air flying.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 04:13 PM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Tom K.'s Avatar
Florida
Joined Nov 2010
3,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
Sooooo anyone gonna be around St Petersburg or near abouts around say,,next week?

I have an mxs that may need some salty air flying.
You mean Florida, right? Not Russia? If it's Florida then heck ya! You can meet Aeroplayin (I call him dad) and I at MCRC in Manatee County (south of St. Pete over the skyway bridge... 30 min drive we make every weekend cuz we live in St. Pete). Here's the link: www.manateerc.com

Also, Largo is closed so I think Doc is flying at SPARKS. But seriously, come on down to MCRC. My e-mail address can be found on my blog (www.toms3dhuckfest.blogspot.com). Shoot me one and we can do some flying!

--Tom K.
Tom K. is offline Find More Posts by Tom K.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 12S on the 3DHS 74" Edge 540
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 05:54 PM
Not as Good as The Kid
Aeroplayin's Avatar
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
6,877 Posts
And... you can park your camper at MCRC.
Aeroplayin is offline Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 06:21 PM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroplayin View Post
And... you can park your camper at MCRC.
thanks guys! I will be there for some medical treatment but plan on bringing a plane or two just in case i can walk afterwards.I probly wont be there during the weekend tho.Ill be staying with a friend while there so no camper this trip.
Anybody fly behind a drag strip?
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 06:51 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
Doc Austin's Avatar
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
Anybody fly behind a drag strip?
You'll especially like Thursdays.
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2011, 07:38 PM
Registered User
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
thanks guys! I will be there for some medical treatment but plan on bringing a plane or two just in case i can walk afterwards.I probly wont be there during the weekend tho.Ill be staying with a friend while there so no camper this trip.
Anybody fly behind a drag strip?
Good luck with the medical stuff, just remember flying is good medicine.
jetinteriorguy is online now Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 01, 2011, 09:03 PM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,170 Posts
Powerlines playing (3 min 54 sec)


Bump! nevermind the banter.We had a blast with this airframe!! and all the other ones we were flying this past weekend..
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video Extreme flight rc mxs-exp EXTREME FLIGHT Electric Plane Talk 12 Jul 21, 2014 06:24 PM
Discussion EXTREME FLIGHT MXS EXP part 2-First prototype assembly and evaluation process EXTREME FLIGHT 3D Flying 2178 May 13, 2012 10:51 PM
Sold 48" Extreme Flight Edge 540T-EXP red white blue -$320 ARTF AirRaider_2009 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 5 Nov 07, 2010 10:50 PM
Sold 48" Edge EXP Extreme Flight, make offer crazyflyin Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 9 Sep 14, 2010 06:45 AM
Video Extreme Flight RC Extra 300 EXP 48" Teaser video! Jvdo Electric Plane Talk 6 Oct 21, 2009 02:48 PM