to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:29 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
I've been checking my account on EF but no there is nothing in spam either. They were open Monday. Stanordave's order shipped Monday and he ordered the same day I did. They've always answered the phone for me before too but they aren't right now.
I don't work for EF, am not affiliated with EF, I'm just one of their pleased customers. I also get very eager when I order stuff, so that is understandable.

But I have from time to time run into the situation you're in now...usually when a container comes in, or after a weekend, or both. I do know that the owner, Chris H., is also working on an issue related to another plane, in an outstanding show of pride in his product (I guess he's taking a bath, too, but pride in his product is more important as far as I can tell)...anyway, EF has a lot of balls in the air right now.

I have even had something show up on the front steps, but they forgot to update the status to shipped until the day I received it.

It's a two person team running shipping, receiving, and phone calls right now from what I know, and I bet they are just running in triage mode.

Wish I'd live closer, I'd go help print labels or sweep the floors or something just out of appreciation for what they do, and how they do it. They wouldn't want me answering phones, though, as I don't have Curtis' or Melissa's patience.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:34 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Good to know Lone Wolf! Thanks for the inside info. It will be easier to wait now that I know their not sitting around watching daytime TV
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Jan 23, 2013, 02:40 AM
Czech Republic, Olomouc, Prostejov
Joined May 2012
74 Posts
Hi GUYS !
I need advice.
where is the location of the center of gravity MXS ?
Is 90-100 mm from the leading edge of the wing root !
what experience?
Thank you
hanzipv is offline Find More Posts by hanzipv
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:43 AM
JKasprak
Fayetteville, NC 28304
Joined Jan 2010
789 Posts
Quote:
Good to know Lone Wolf! Thanks for the inside info. It will be easier to wait now that I know their not sitting around watching daytime TV
Longest I've waited for something to arrive was about a week. They are pretty quick.

I wish I could take credit for the flying on the clip, but it goes to one of the "aces" at our club. He can really fly, but the amazing thing is that it takes zero time for him to get used to the way a plane flies and push it to the limits.
propchief is online now Find More Posts by propchief
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:03 AM
liv nvrtd
United States, NC, Salisbury
Joined Jun 2007
184 Posts
Any chance that was Alex?
Quote:
Originally Posted by propchief View Post
Longest I've waited for something to arrive was about a week. They are pretty quick.

I wish I could take credit for the flying on the clip, but it goes to one of the "aces" at our club. He can really fly, but the amazing thing is that it takes zero time for him to get used to the way a plane flies and push it to the limits.
notruthless is offline Find More Posts by notruthless
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:22 AM
Joined Nov 2011
8,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzipv View Post
Hi GUYS !
I need advice.
where is the location of the center of gravity MXS ?
Is 90-100 mm from the leading edge of the wing root !
what experience?
Thank you
The manual says 3.5 to 4 inches. I usually start half way between the EF recommendations, and have good lock with that.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:08 PM
JKasprak
Fayetteville, NC 28304
Joined Jan 2010
789 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by notruthless View Post
Any chance that was Alex?
Sure was. Amazing pilot. I love the plane and just wish I had a fraction of his skills. But it was fun taping him. Looking forward to the 64" MXS!
propchief is online now Find More Posts by propchief
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:51 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,329 Posts
Quote:
I've been checking my account on EF but no there is nothing in spam either. They were open Monday. Stanordave's order shipped Monday and he ordered the same day I did. They've always answered the phone for me before too but they aren't right now.
Did you get it or at least tracking yet? I ordered something last weekend for my 64", just checked the tracking, and it's still in GA
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:06 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
I just got the fuselage today! It shipped on Wednesday. So once it shipped it was fast. I'm working on getting it together right now. That sucks that your stuff is still sitting in GA.
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:23 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,329 Posts
Well, it is the USPS reporting...they sometimes get it wrong...maybe it will be here tomorrow. Good luck on your repairs.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:29 PM
Shut up and Fly!!!
United States, VA, Hartfield
Joined Aug 2011
1,004 Posts
Quote:
I've called four times over the last two days. Got the recording all four I'll try again tomorrow. Won't get it by the weekend now though. Oh well I'll get it back in the air eventually. It just drives me nuts when a company gladly takes your money and then takes their sweet time getting it to you.
Not pointing any fingers here but I do A LOT of cold calls and emailing to certain companies for donations for a charity I host every year called Wings for Wishes Over VA and some DO NOT respond. These donations actually raise money for Make A Wish. I even have went as far as to reschedule the event I hosted last year just so I could accommodate 2 sponsored pilots only for them to basically say "Oh I can't come or VA is too far yet SEFF isn't too far. NO worries though as I won't be inviting them this year.
jw357_23043 is offline Find More Posts by jw357_23043
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:08 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,329 Posts
Quote:
I just got the fuselage today! It shipped on Wednesday. So once it shipped it was fast. I'm working on getting it together right now. That sucks that your stuff is still sitting in GA.
Well, it arrived today. Looks like it was a combination of EF being busy early in the week, and the USPS logistics and tracking issue. Held in GA two days, then bam, in 20 hours, up in MN. Strange tracking, but the USPS priority is a pretty good deal for small items.

Now I have to go get that plane cleaned up and put up on the wall...still too cold to fly.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:11 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw357_23043 View Post
Not pointing any fingers here but I do A LOT of cold calls and emailing to certain companies for donations for a charity I host every year called Wings for Wishes Over VA and some DO NOT respond. These donations actually raise money for Make A Wish. I even have went as far as to reschedule the event I hosted last year just so I could accommodate 2 sponsored pilots only for them to basically say "Oh I can't come or VA is too far yet SEFF isn't too far. NO worries though as I won't be inviting them this year.
Stuff happens. I was going to go to an event in MN last year, but decided to pull out at the last minute due to my rethinking the issue, and deciding that I could put my time to better use flying pack after pack at my home field. A sponsored pilot was also going to go, but he pulled out too. No hard feelings, stuff happens, priorities change.

As for donations, I often don't call back. I give a lot at the office (taxes--nobody likes them), and the rest is between me and God.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:24 PM
Shut up and Fly!!!
United States, VA, Hartfield
Joined Aug 2011
1,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
Stuff happens. I was going to go to an event in MN last year, but decided to pull out at the last minute due to my rethinking the issue, and deciding that I could put my time to better use flying pack after pack at my home field. A sponsored pilot was also going to go, but he pulled out too. No hard feelings, stuff happens, priorities change.

As for donations, I often don't call back. I give a lot at the office (taxes--nobody likes them), and the rest is between me and God.
NO, I don't agree that "stuff happens". You don't sit there and tell someone all the way up till the last minute your coming and then decide not to go. That is wasting my time not to mention the headache of trying to find a decent 3D pilot at the very last minute was a PITA none the less. For the most part I spend A LOT of time planning this event and I take my time seriously. Also, I was told that it was too far away by one of the now sponsored pilots yet he goes to Joe Nall and SEFF. ???
jw357_23043 is offline Find More Posts by jw357_23043