Florida
Joined Nov 2010
3,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
You're right.
Thanks!

--Tom K.
Tom K. is offline Find More Posts by Tom K.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 12S on the 3DHS 74" Edge 540
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:16 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,455 Posts
I wouldn't use a 0255 on the elevator based on one failing in my "don't care if I crash" plane.

Sample of 1, but there you go.

The hitecs are better. Get an HS5085mg if you want digital. We've been using the 85s and 5085s without incident.

As for the 672 arms, you can reuse them on other planes later. But I do wish they were on the order of $5.
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:04 PM
JKasprak
Fayetteville, NC 28304
Joined Jan 2010
827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness_3d View Post
Difficult to get hold of them at a good price in the UK. Looking at the equivalent of $20 just for the horns :-/ I've been fine with the throw I was getting from the included fibre extension with the kit, I'll probably just use that again :P
Find somebody that flies GS and uses 5955 or 7955 servos and see if they any arms they would part with. These will fit the HS85s and give extra arm length and strength.
propchief is online now Find More Posts by propchief
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:02 PM
Joined May 2012
14 Posts
Ordered a new one
+ A new 12 x 6
+ A new HS 85MG
+ A 3x Turnigy 2200 4S 30C LiPo's

Don't know anyone using Hitec on GS Stuff, mainly Futaba and Savox. Gonna start with the Fibre horn and see how that goes
Madness_3d is offline Find More Posts by Madness_3d
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:25 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness_3d View Post
. Gonna start with the Fibre horn and see how that goes
That ought to give you right around 76 degrees or so of elevator, which on the MXS is fine. It's got a short moment and a big elevator, so pitch authority is going to be really good even like that. I've flown mine with 45 degrees befoire and it is really sweet and elevator response is still really good. I'm not even sure the extra 12 degrees I get makes any difference, but it does freak people out, which is always fun.
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:49 PM
Joined May 2012
14 Posts
To be honest the 76 degrees seemed to evoke the desired response from most people that saw it on my last MXS
Madness_3d is offline Find More Posts by Madness_3d
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:51 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,044 Posts
People simply can't believe it. When I tell them how easy these planes were to fly they don't believe that either.

Man, it's been a long time since we made an MXS video. I've been tied up with the 60" Extra, the new Laser and the 64" MXS, not to mention that I never let anything keep me from getting enough time on my 48" Extras, even if I don't get to fly planes like the MXS as much as i would like.

I'll try to shoot some more MXS video soon, but hopefully this one will be entertaining for now.........

Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Last edited by Doc Austin; Oct 13, 2012 at 05:03 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:32 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
talk about planes having a souls! swapped servo for my mxs... all the last month i was eyeing 48" laser....i even glued on wingtips(couldnt tighen screws enoug)... went out today... and guess what? perfect!

went home scratching my head, guess mxs felt i want to retire it and decided to fly nice for me!

now i m thinking of pulling out gear from a 48"foamy extra for laser...
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:34 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
So my crashed MXS I've got flying better but....

It falls forward in hover and climbs on inverted slightly. I've got the 5s pack about an inch away from the tube. I've debated about pushing them father back as the last time I did it the plane became incredibly pitch sensitive.

The laser stays in a hover easier
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:02 PM
JKasprak
Fayetteville, NC 28304
Joined Jan 2010
827 Posts
Sounds slightly tail heavy to me. The slight down elevator needed to keep the tail up in level flight would cause it to climb while inverted and pitch forward when in a hover. Try moving the pack slightly forward and check it.
propchief is online now Find More Posts by propchief
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:38 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
talk about planes having a souls! swapped servo for my mxs... all the last month i was eyeing 48" laser....i even glued on wingtips(couldnt tighen screws enoug)... went out today... and guess what? perfect!

went home scratching my head, guess mxs felt i want to retire it and decided to fly nice for me!

now i m thinking of pulling out gear from a 48"foamy extra for laser...
Dude....finally ahaha. Glad you got it flying to your liking

Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post
So my crashed MXS I've got flying better but....

It falls forward in hover and climbs on inverted slightly. I've got the 5s pack about an inch away from the tube. I've debated about pushing them father back as the last time I did it the plane became incredibly pitch sensitive.

The laser stays in a hover easier
Did you damage the motor box when you crashed it? If you accidentally added more down thrust that would explain it but you would also have a hard time getting it trimmed for level flight at various speeds.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:57 AM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
Yeah the box got teamed but I think I've gotten the thrust line sorted outwith all of the testing i have done.
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:10 PM
Don't worry be happy :)
Joined Sep 2001
642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post
It falls forward in hover and climbs on inverted slightly.
According to my experience is this an indication that the plane is tail heavy, move the battery pack forward.
Stark is offline Find More Posts by Stark
Last edited by Stark; Oct 15, 2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:34 AM
Czech Republic, Olomouc, Prostejov
Joined May 2012
78 Posts
HI !
have HACKER A 30 14 L,Sport BEC,ESC AEOLIAN 45A SW.
I want a slower flying.used propeller 13/4 or 13/5 ?
Li pol Turnigy 4S 2200 30C.
hanzipv is offline Find More Posts by hanzipv
Last edited by hanzipv; Oct 18, 2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 01:12 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
if you want slow-er, go less pitch, so 13x4 is my guess.... but if you want slow, you got the wrong plane! msx HATES slow or not enough power...
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts