Congrats!
exeter_acres is offline Find More Posts by exeter_acres
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2012, 05:05 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,400 Posts
I had my 48" and 64" out today...what a wonderful day. The 48" is still dialed in, hovers and harriers low like an edge foamy. The 64"...I'm getting it dialed in...but it has a lot more torque. I think I had it almost as good as the 48 a few times today. The 48" is still my favorite, but: 1. I lost a wheel pant in field. Fortunately, the corn has already been harvested, and my son found it after a bout 8 minutes of both of us looking. I reinstalled it, too tight most likely, and then: 2. I tried to taxi after a landing like I do on the simulator (like it was a Traxxas slash) and ended up bending and almost breaking my landing gear. Fortunately, I have two others, and this particular landing gear already broke and was repaired on the other side. I hope the videos turned out.
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Sep 29, 2012, 01:10 AM
Joined Nov 2011
8,400 Posts
Already replaced the landing gear damaged in this quick taxi turn around. I highly recommend this plane.
Last edited by 7oneWo1f; Nov 01, 2012 at 09:14 AM.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:06 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,619 Posts
Windy much?
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:35 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,157 Posts
nice huckin!
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:36 AM
Joined Nov 2011
8,400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
Windy much?

Yeah...but the MXS handled it. Did you see that high beta KE at aboue 3:33?

Anyway, I switched to an Xoar 12x7 for today...will check amps at field and if all is reasonable give it a try. Otherwise, back to the apc 12x6 I've been using.
Last edited by 7oneWo1f; Sep 29, 2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 11:44 AM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Florida
Joined Nov 2010
3,582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
So here is the video mentioned above:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADOyd1XjvaQ

Give it some time to upload and process...

Already replaced the landing gear damaged in this quick taxi turn around. I highly recommend this plane.
Nice flying!

--Tom K.
Tom K. is offline Find More Posts by Tom K.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 12S on the 3DHS 74" Edge 540
Old Sep 29, 2012, 07:31 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
nice huckin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom K. View Post
Nice flying!

--Tom K.
Thanks guys! Sorry I missed your post Manta1.

Went flying again today, with a new landing gear and a 12x7 xoar prop (which the MXS seemed to handle just fine based off of two and 1/4 batteries)...but I was harriering around low before I got fully used to the new prop, and ended up flat spinning and cut power because my son was videoing and I didn't want to go into the pits...at least that's what it looks like. Really just dumb thumbs and slightly different handling with the 12x7 prop.

Fortunately, I have one more 48" MXS landing gear.. After that, I'm going the extra route...that is, use the landing gear for the extra.
Last edited by 7oneWo1f; Sep 29, 2012 at 07:59 PM.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 07:39 PM
ride hard and fly low
Joined Aug 2011
585 Posts
I just ordered the EF Extra LG for my MSX. I want to get this baby back up in the air.
H.D. is offline Find More Posts by H.D.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:28 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,157 Posts
Got my some love with my msx today finally!! WOOT! 12 days after surgery. Not bad me thinks. Rode over to Hodges Hobbies to drop my trailer off for HHAEFI. Had to sit a lot but had my reclining lawn chair with me. Flew between rain showers and the wind was dead,thick,and cool.. perfect.. Maybe my surgery pain will be down some by the time the fly in gets here in a couple of weeks.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:44 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,400 Posts
Awesome Manta1. Hope you're feeling healthy again soon.

Here is my dumb thumbs:

two landing gear in two days (1 min 8 sec)

After reviewing the video, I have to go check the wing and make sure it's okay.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 09:09 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,157 Posts
Quote:
Awesome Manta1. Hope you're feeling healthy again soon.

Here is my dumb thumbs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSWgBeIDs08

After reviewing the video, I have to go check the wing and make sure it's okay.
ah you just needed a bump on the rudder in the opposite direction.. I done that before too. easy boo boo. tough airframe isnt it.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 09:22 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,400 Posts
I didn't want to go into the pits where my son was filming and pulled back on the power/hit throttle kill. Better landing gear than a trip to the emergency room I guess. At 0:33 I was starting to give it opposite rudder and left aileron. Too late.

UPDATE: The airframe, wings, landing gear mount--all looks perfect. I repaired today's landing gear, as well as Thursdays...and I have a 3rd new one in reserve. Wish I had thought about the Extra 300 landing gear alternative but at least the MXS LG repair easy.
Last edited by 7oneWo1f; Sep 29, 2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:38 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,157 Posts
Quote:
I didn't want to go into the pits where my son was filming and pulled back on the power/hit throttle kill. Better landing gear than a trip to the emergency room I guess. At 0:33 I was starting to give it opposite rudder and left aileron. Too late.

UPDATE: The airframe, wings, landing gear mount--all looks perfect. I repaired today's landing gear, as well as Thursdays...and I have a 3rd new one in reserve. Wish I had thought about the Extra 300 landing gear alternative but at least the MXS LG repair easy.
oh no,you did the right thing,and didnt really hurt anything in the process,well done for sure. I just was saying i saw what Ive done so many times and still fight with when harriering.(I'm still learning) I have to force myself when i turn in harrier to try my dangest to remember to bump opposite rudder when i am ready to straighten up and it seems to level the plane out nicely.I can use less aileron that way. The edge didnt seem to matter as much but my msx almost requires it Wasnt meaning to nit pick your flight. hehe was mostly using your video to nit pick mine
oh p.s.,my landing gear is some repaired gear off of an old 46 vyper hhehehe
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:40 AM
Deutschland, BW, Ebersbach an der Fils
Joined May 2011
338 Posts
Sorry about Your landing gear. But it is cool, that it was filmed. Amazing the swing of the wing, when it came down.

Some times i have the Same. Two xoar props at One Day. On other times you Fan fly month without breaking anything.

Good luck with LG je. 3

Bernd
morrigan is offline Find More Posts by morrigan