HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 02, 2012, 07:08 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,725 Posts
I also use rubbing alcohol to clean the sanding dust off the horn before glueing in.
bryansifsof44 is online now Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2012, 07:35 PM
can't buy vaporware
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,514 Posts
I use a course file, or whatever sandpaper is around.

But on the new 60"/64" MXS, I like the drilled holes in the "shank"--yet another nice touch.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Sep 02, 2012, 09:32 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,867 Posts
I just use an exacto blade and do a box then diagonal pattern
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Sep 03, 2012, 04:43 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
finally i guess im starting to get used to mxs... today went to a field with intention of just learning this plane, not flying like i know it, and really, scored 4 soft landings out of 5! now just to wait for EF to sort out my package so i can fly it without fear of ripping rudder out! flew only 2 batteries, because compared to almost new gens ace 2200 30c, my 11month 25c gens aces was giving what seemed like half of power! where new 30c +14x7 seemed completely enough power, 25c was WAAAAAAY underpowered....
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Sep 05, 2012, 12:46 AM
Deutschland, BW, Ebersbach an der Fils
Joined May 2011
345 Posts
Hi,

i just wonder, if it worth for me to buy a msx or one of the other exp family.

I own a EF Edge 540T V 1.0.
Is the difference between V1 and V2 big? worth to by the V2?

Or should i fly out the hell of my V1 and change when i crash it?

my further plan is to buy a 60". I expected this could be next year. But that mean a lot more for me than to buy the plane. New motor, new batteries.

With the 48" i have the hole setup and batteries.

but i dont know, if it worth or i better fly the old version and make the step up to bigger one next year?

I am new at 3D, startet flying last year, so i am looking for a more stable Plane to learn 3D.

Thx

Bernd
morrigan is offline Find More Posts by morrigan
Last edited by morrigan; Sep 05, 2012 at 03:11 AM.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 11:45 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by morrigan View Post
I own a EF Edge 540T V 1.0.....Is the difference between V1 and V2 big? worth to by the V2?...
Do you mean that you have one of the original Extreme Flight 45" Edges? If so, the Edge EXP is a totally diffeent airplane. It is not even close to being the same thing. The Edge EXP flies much, much easier and is much more capable.

Quote:
I am new at 3D, startet flying last year, so i am looking for a more stable Plane to learn 3D.
The Edge is the right plane for that.

Give this a look. It is everything I know about the Edge EXP.

EXTREME FLIGHT Edge 540T EXP__The 3s Report

Extreme Flight Edge 540T EXP__The 4s Report

Finally, if you are learning 3D, you might find this helpful..............

The New Sport Pilot's Guide To 3D
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Sep 05, 2012, 12:22 PM
Fly it 'till it breaks.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined May 2011
685 Posts
Quote:
Hi,

i just wonder, if it worth for me to buy a msx or one of the other exp family.

I own a EF Edge 540T V 1.0.
Is the difference between V1 and V2 big? worth to by the V2?

Or should i fly out the hell of my V1 and change when i crash it?

my further plan is to buy a 60". I expected this could be next year. But that mean a lot more for me than to buy the plane. New motor, new batteries.

With the 48" i have the hole setup and batteries.

but i dont know, if it worth or i better fly the old version and make the step up to bigger one next year?

Thx

Bernd
I haven't personally flown the 48" EF Edge EXP, but from all I have heard(and seen from fellow flyers at my field) I think it would suit a newer 3D pilot better than the MXS. I had moved to the MXS after flying the 48" 3DHS Edge and while the MXS is a bit more capable, it also requires a bit more attention on the sticks. If you're new to 3D, things can get out of hand quickly if you're not on top of it. The Edge would be a little more forgiving on that front so you can focus more on learning new moves rather than trying not to crash, if that makes sense. They are both absolutely awesome machines though, each with their own benefits.
Motojunk is offline Find More Posts by Motojunk
Old Sep 05, 2012, 02:38 PM
Joined May 2011
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
Do you mean that you have one of the original Extreme Flight 45" Edges?
Yes, that is the plane i mean. The blue/ yellow 45" Edge.(Red Bull Design without Red Bull )

Name: DSC07226.jpg
Views: 72
Size: 235.2 KB
Description:

I like the faster and more aggressive flying style, throw the plane into it. I think in this way the msx would fit.

But i also want to learn the slow things better. In this way the Edge would fit more.

But i prefer the msx a bit more, as i have a Edge already.... I like the Extra as well, but think it doesnt fit my flying style as good as the other two.
On the other side i am looking for a 60" Edge maybe next saison...

Thx for the answers. What was very important for me, that there is a big difference between the original Edge and the EXP series.
I think all the 3 exp´s are easier for me than the original Edge.
(even when i sometimes like it the hard way )

I would not be happy to spend $ 263 just to buy nearly the same plane.
(and yes, it could drive me crazy, that over the big sea you only have to pay $36 more ant geht it with a power Set )

THX for response !!!!

Bernd
Old Sep 05, 2012, 06:25 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,277 Posts
Quote:
Yes, that is the plane i mean. The blue/ yellow 45" Edge.(Red Bull Design without Red Bull )
I had Red Bull decals on mine. It sure was pretty.

Quote:
I like the faster and more aggressive flying style, throw the plane into it. I think in this way the msx would fit.
The extra fits that too. It just doesn't have as much pitch authority, but outside of that is is pretty similar. I love them both.

Quote:
But i also want to learn the slow things better. In this way the Edge would fit more.
Overall, the Edge EXP is going to be the best bet for learning 3D, but if you have been 3Ding your current edge, any of the EXPs are going to be better and easier flying planes.

Quote:
But i prefer the msx a bit more, as i have a Edge already.... ,
I love the MXS too, but it has got a very aggressive pitch authority. If you do go with an MXS. I'de say set it up for 45 to 50 degrees of elevator travel, at least in the beginning. It's a nice, gentle airplane like that, but it will still do good 3D. The 88-90 degrees of travel is strictly for insane pitch authority, and you can work up to that.

Quote:
I like the Extra as well but think it doesnt fit my flying style as good as the other two.
I think the Extra EXP is the most underrated plane in the industry. it is so good that every single pilot on the planet should have one. I have four of them. Even though the MXS suits my style a little better, people tell me the Extra makes me look smoother and more in control.

Quote:
On the other side i am looking for a 60" Edge maybe next saison...
Me too. I got to borrow one for a day and was really impressed with it.......very.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 07:53 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
Quote:
I had Red Bull decals on mine. It sure was pretty.

The extra fits that too. It just doesn't have as much pitch authority, but outside of that is is pretty similar. I love them both.

Overall, the Edge EXP is going to be the best bet for learning 3D, but if you have been 3Ding your current edge, any of the EXPs are going to be better and easier flying planes.

I love the MXS too, but it has got a very aggressive pitch authority. If you do go with an MXS. I'de say set it up for 45 to 50 degrees of elevator travel, at least in the beginning. It's a nice, gentle airplane like that, but it will still do good 3D. The 88-90 degrees of travel is strictly for insane pitch authority, and you can work up to that.

I think the Extra EXP is the most underrated plane in the industry. it is so good that every single pilot on the planet should have one. I have four of them. Even though the MXS suits my style a little better, people tell me the Extra makes me look smoother and more in control.

Me too. I got to borrow one for a day and was really impressed with it.......very.
you even had the 60 edge delivered to you from Ga to play with.
Manta1 is online now Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Sep 05, 2012, 08:01 PM
Pilot Francis 😄
United Kingdom, England, Brighton
Joined Jan 2012
1,762 Posts
Replaced my Vox 13x6.5 with a Xoar 12x7 and wow, quite a big difference! I would say it's quieter, less twitchy, and feels smoother. Certainly less power but the batteries came down cooler
RCPilot1234 is offline Find More Posts by RCPilot1234
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Best of Blackout
Old Sep 05, 2012, 08:16 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
you even had the 60 edge delivered to you from Ga to play with.
You need to bring it back down here so we can kill the damm thing. I'm sure Chris is ready for a 64" MXS.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 10:13 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
Quote:
You need to bring it back down here so we can kill the damm thing. I'm sure Chris is ready for a 64" MXS.
AGREED!! i cant believe Chris couldn't tell we broke it in half and fixed it back that day,OR that it still holds today.
Manta1 is online now Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Sep 06, 2012, 07:05 AM
Joined May 2011
345 Posts
I am out of this thread.

Thx for the response.

I am in the Edge EXP Thread now
Edge is on her way, i hope, i get it tomorrow

As you advise, i think the Edge is better to learn 3D and for slow things.
The look of the MSX i liked more....

Maybe buy a MSX next year. 60"
You cant get them in Germany at the moment, also not the Laser.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:49 PM
Leeds/Bradford Leeds, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jun 2003
1,575 Posts
Missed out on the Extra so will have to get one here in the UK but was wondering with the right set up would you get more flight time with 48 inch extra or the 60 inch extra or more or less the same.
glenbees is online now Find More Posts by glenbees