HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 09, 2012, 04:10 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
i need a longer pushrods on tail to be able to fill out the geometry and get desired throws... i just dont feel comfy when i have 2x threads in in a kinda sloppy ball-link...

ehh, im so picky i guess... for 3dhs, im saying its PITA to thread the ballinks on the pushrods, for EF im saying its too easy to do that...
The pushrods are perfect length on the EF planes I've built with plenty of thread engagement. Usually when people have problems with pushrod length the root of the problem is that they either have the servos installed on the wrong side (e.g. elevator on the right, rudder on left, or they have a servo backward (e.g. output shaft at front when it should be at the back), and or they have the actual pushrods installed on the wrong side (they aren't all the same length).

it may be worth browsing this thread for pictures of the rudder and elevator servo installations and check that yours are installed the same way.
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:20 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6145k View Post
I've seen this photo, but didn't get that much throw. I think I have about 78-85degrees.
The one in the photos is 88 degrees. I'm not sure of 3 degrees at this point makes much difference.

Quote:
Whatever I have, it is plenty. Like I said, if I do a wall, I have to be careful to not do a cobra with the throws I have.
I have to be careful whenever I have not been flying the MXS exclusively. It has so much pitch autority that when I do low level walls the airplane will actually drop instead of climb, and then I smash the rudder on the runway. I love all that pitch autority, but if you aren't used to it it can really catch you out.

I have not had a chance to fly the MXS in awhile, but we'll get some video soon. I am seeing the plane much better now so hopefull that will translate into sobetter flying. For now, he's an older one I'm really fond of.....

Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:05 PM
Glens Falls, NY
Joined Apr 2010
1,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPilot1234 View Post
My 2012 PFFC entry using the MXS
Dude that was awsome! Especially for how windy it sounded. I think the darkness fit the music well, lol. I like your originality, great opening with the surface checks.
TG43 is offline Find More Posts by TG43
Old Aug 10, 2012, 06:05 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,157 Posts
rimaarts.Take your time on the msx.i didnt really like it for the first like 20 flights..I changed something after just about every flight till I think I just got used to the plane..Now I feel better with not only this plane,but my others I got better with as well. I think flying different type top shelf airframes help us grow in our skills..The msx indeed will do low and slow no problem. Harrier is really good on this plane once you learn it. I cannot really comment on inverted harrier as I cannot do that well on any plane yet. Tumbles are stupid good on mine and rival the velox..KE is really good as well and this plane could be used as a trainer for pop tops...
Manta1 is online now Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Aug 10, 2012, 06:32 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
rimaarts.Take your time on the msx.i didnt really like it for the first like 20 flights..I changed something after just about every flight till I think I just got used to the plane..Now I feel better with not only this plane,but my others I got better with as well. I think flying different type top shelf airframes help us grow in our skills..The msx indeed will do low and slow no problem. Harrier is really good on this plane once you learn it. I cannot really comment on inverted harrier as I cannot do that well on any plane yet. Tumbles are stupid good on mine and rival the velox..KE is really good as well and this plane could be used as a trainer for pop tops...
This post says it all, except you forgot to mention your love of pie.
jetinteriorguy is online now Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Aug 10, 2012, 06:42 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,157 Posts
oh yea,my bad...I Like Pie!!
Manta1 is online now Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Aug 10, 2012, 06:55 AM
United States, FL, Winter Springs
Joined Sep 2010
358 Posts
Unboxed my new blue MSX last night, what a beauty she is.... Very excited to get her in the air. EF is starting to make a big presents in my hanger (already planning on getting the 60" Edge for B-day next month)
collinss is online now Find More Posts by collinss
Old Aug 10, 2012, 08:17 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by collinss View Post
Unboxed my new blue MSX last night, what a beauty she is.... Very excited to get her in the air. EF is starting to make a big presents in my hanger (already planning on getting the 60" Edge for B-day next month)
If you need any help or have any questions on the MXS PM me and I'll offer any suggestions. It is a bit of a different beast and I can offer some ideas depending on your expectations of it's flying characteristics. You have definitely chosen a great birthday present, the 60" Edge just does it all with ease and you will love it. I'm still working out some of the bugs in my power system on the 70" Slick so once I have it all worked out we'll meet up and you can check out my Edge, MXS, and Slick. Later, Les.
jetinteriorguy is online now Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Aug 10, 2012, 08:30 AM
United States, FL, Winter Springs
Joined Sep 2010
358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
If you need any help or have any questions on the MXS PM me and I'll offer any suggestions. It is a bit of a different beast and I can offer some ideas depending on your expectations of it's flying characteristics. You have definitely chosen a great birthday present, the 60" Edge just does it all with ease and you will love it. I'm still working out some of the bugs in my power system on the 70" Slick so once I have it all worked out we'll meet up and you can check out my Edge, MXS, and Slick. Later, Les.
Thanks for the offer. I'm going to start out with the recommended power set up with the MSX (have it on hand) and then adjust from there. I'll been wanting the 60" Edge for a long time, can't wait!
collinss is online now Find More Posts by collinss
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:54 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
about my elevator throw problem... well,it partly was my fault...
a)i had put UBER big subtrim, wich was part of the problem
but

b) as per manual elevator servo output shaft has to go to the front of the plane... and so my pushrod was WAY too short... i put it towards rear of aircraft and all was ok, now im also getting around 70* of throw...

is my manual only one like that?

now off to tinkering with rudder...
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:11 PM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Florida
Joined Nov 2010
3,582 Posts
It doesn't matter which way the servos point as long as the pushrods fit. Sometimes the manuals are a bit off. Be sure you're using the correct pushrod too (like not using the rudder pushrod on the elevator or something like that).

--Tom K.
Tom K. is offline Find More Posts by Tom K.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 12S on the 3DHS 74" Edge 540
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:32 PM
liv nvrtd
United States, NC, Salisbury
Joined Jun 2007
185 Posts
It was test! I had the same experience when assembling the 48" Edge 540 EXP. Re-read the manual three times before I turned the servo around and all fit correctly. Curtis must have done the original proofreading.
Quote:
b) as per manual elevator servo output shaft has to go to the front of the plane... and so my pushrod was WAY too short... i put it towards rear of aircraft and all was ok, now im also getting around 70* of throw...

is my manual only one like that?

now off to tinkering with rudder...
notruthless is online now Find More Posts by notruthless
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:40 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,693 Posts
Quote:
As per manual elevator servo output shaft has to go to the front of the plane...[/COLOR] and so my pushrod was WAY too short... i put it towards rear of aircraft and all was ok, now im also getting around 70* of throw......
Check my blog for MSX set up photos.

http://docaustinextreme.blogspot.com...s-new-mxs.html
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Aug 10, 2012, 06:48 PM
Pilot Francis 😄
United Kingdom, England, Brighton
Joined Jan 2012
1,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG43 View Post
Dude that was awsome! Especially for how windy it sounded. I think the darkness fit the music well, lol. I like your originality, great opening with the surface checks.
Thanks!
RCPilot1234 is offline Find More Posts by RCPilot1234
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Finally! Durafly Junior Review
Old Aug 10, 2012, 09:17 PM
United States, IL, Forest Park
Joined Jul 2011
113 Posts
throttle lag

Hello everyone, I have an mxs with the power combo installed (torque 2814 and air boss 45a esc) and am running a spektrum ar8000 with a dx7s as a tx. I feel like I am getting a little bit of lag between my input and actual throttle change. My other planes do not experience lag like this so I doubt it would be my tx, rx system. Could it be possible that esc timing or something is a little off? Are there any tricks to get faster response time in the throttle? All servos/control surfaces have no lag (at least nothing I can notice). Thanks!
thebuckeye is online now Find More Posts by thebuckeye
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mountain Models Lucky Ace