HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 26, 2012, 06:13 PM
United States, CA, Palos Verdes Peninsula
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Ordered one...or at least I think I did-still haven't gotten the request for Paypal payment. This will be my first EF plane, looking forward to trying this flavor of koolaid.
Jboy90277 is offline Find More Posts by Jboy90277
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2012, 06:21 PM
This is NOT a TOY?
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jul 2011
2,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboy90277 View Post
Ordered one...or at least I think I did-still haven't gotten the request for Paypal payment. This will be my first EF plane, looking forward to trying this flavor of koolaid.
There are a couple manual steps involved for them with PayPal...
but they'll figure your shipping costs and get you invoiced as soon as they can.
I've ordered several things from them using PP. Usually get them in a day or two.
(Of course, that's a perk of living 'close' compared to you. Sorry )

Oh, and Grats on your first EF plane. The Kool-Aid is awesome over here
C_Watkins is offline Find More Posts by C_Watkins
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 26, 2012, 06:32 PM
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Watkins View Post

Oh, and Grats on your first EF plane. The Kool-Aid is awesome over here
Already planning the next sip or two if I like the taste...yes, I have a Kool-Aid drinking problem.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 06:58 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,423 Posts
I think you'll like it. I like the red MXS best out of all of the EF planes I've seen.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Jun 27, 2012, 12:50 AM
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6145k View Post
I think you'll like it. I like the red MXS best out of all of the EF planes I've seen.
That's the one I ordered. I could have gotten the blue and white one a while back, but decided to wait for the red one . I didn't like how my other blue and white plane was blending in with the sky - it makes the plane seem smaller than it really is.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 01:45 AM
Joined Nov 2011
8,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboy90277 View Post
That's the one I ordered. I could have gotten the blue and white one a while back, but decided to wait for the red one . I didn't like how my other blue and white plane was blending in with the sky - it makes the plane seem smaller than it really is.
I agree, sometimes the blue just blends in. Reflective silver is worse...completely disappears sometimes.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 03:11 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
From the look of the break, that metal is dull, so I would suspect a bad casting. Send it back. I don't speak for Hacker, but my best guess is that they don't want that motor out there being showed off and they will replace it.
Just a follow up on this.. I contacted Hacker in Germany and they have agreed to replace the motor under warranty, despite it being over a year old and despite the damage looking to all the world like crash damage (it wasnt but they only have my word for that).

Outstanding customer service IMHO.

Steve
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Jun 27, 2012, 08:06 PM
Pilot Francis 😄
United Kingdom, England, Brighton
Joined Jan 2012
1,760 Posts
EDIT: New post is 1577
RCPilot1234 is offline Find More Posts by RCPilot1234
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by RCPilot1234; Jun 28, 2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 08:07 PM
Pilot Francis 😄
Joined Jan 2012
1,760 Posts
By the way, here are some pictures of my friend and I prop-hanging our planes together
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Best of Blackout
Old Jun 27, 2012, 08:09 PM
Pilot Francis 😄
Joined Jan 2012
1,760 Posts
And more...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 27, 2012, 08:12 PM
Pilot Francis 😄
Joined Jan 2012
1,760 Posts
And last but not least...

By the way, I've ordered a Castle 10A BEC (from the USA) and hinge-tape. Once it all comes (should be a few days) and I take the cowl off, I'll take pictures of my motor setup as I understand some of you want to see how I've mounted the Hacker motor without touching the cowl.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 27, 2012, 09:25 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,423 Posts
RCPilot, video was blocked in my country, the greatest country on God's green Earth. Where I am free to watch anything, except content owned by EMI.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 09:47 PM
Pilot Francis 😄
Joined Jan 2012
1,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6145k View Post
RCPilot, video was blocked in my country, the greatest country on God's green Earth. Where I am free to watch anything, except content owned by EMI.
That's a real bummer

I'm going to bed now (3:45AM here, haha!) but will re-edit tomorrow without music and upload again I'll take down the video with music

Sorry for the inconvenience!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 28, 2012, 12:18 AM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Florida
Joined Nov 2010
3,582 Posts
Ditto on the blockage. Grr.

--Tom K.
Tom K. is offline Find More Posts by Tom K.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 12S on the 3DHS 74" Edge 540
Old Jun 28, 2012, 02:35 AM
Fly it 'till it breaks.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined May 2011
637 Posts
Nice pictures RCPilot! And same here with the blockage

I crashed my MXS today I did a pop top pretty low and decided to turn it into a KE spin for a few revolutions, but I guess I didn't have enough momentum built up and I couldn't throw it into the inverted flatspin to stop my descent. By the time I realized I was screwed I rolled it over, hit full power and yanked on the elevator, loving that 80+ degrees but it still wasn't enough as the timing of exit in the spin put me heading down wind. It pancaked HARD and nosed over. To my surprise, the only damage done was the carbon gear snapped above the axle and a busted prop These things are tough!! I've been through 2 hard pancakes before, 2 mid-airs, and the most violent flying I've ever put on an airframe, and this plane just takes it and still flies amazing. It happened on the first flight, so it ended up forcing me to hand-catch it later since I couldn't fix my gear properly at the field and just had to fly I'm starting to think I should buy a spare to keep just in-case. I've only tried to catch it once before today but it ended up working out great every time and I still managed to get my flights in, despite the broken gear
Motojunk is online now Find More Posts by Motojunk