SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 03, 2003, 08:57 AM
Gavle, Sweden
Joined Jul 2003
599 Posts
How long can it take to get things from the US to Sweden?????

Hi
Does anyone have any experience of ordering things from the US to Sweden or Europe?
How long will it take for the stuff to arrive?
I have ordered some things from Esprite Models in the US and the dealer sent the stuff to me on the 10 of may. I have not yet recieved the stuff and therefore I wonder if someone knows how long it can take to get stuff from the US? Is this long delivery time to expect or does someone have any clue of what can have happened?

Someone pleas enlighten me

Thanks / Kajakmannen
kajakmannen is offline Find More Posts by kajakmannen
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2003, 09:07 AM
Purple power
shadow hills,ca
Joined Apr 2000
6,593 Posts
it depends how it was shipped,air or surface. global priority air around 5 days. air parcel post 7-10 days. surface on a slow boat 4-6weeks is not uncommon.............gregg
gregg f is offline Find More Posts by gregg f
Old Jul 03, 2003, 11:15 AM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,398 Posts
Hmmm... about 3 - 4 weeks for me (don't think it even makes too much difference how it was sent, it always seems to get 'stuck' somewhere!

Cheers,
Norman Adlam is offline Find More Posts by Norman Adlam
Old Jul 03, 2003, 11:40 AM
(aka Cliff Lawson)
United Kingdom, Essex
Joined Oct 2001
1,897 Posts
To the UK I think the shortest I've ever had was about 4 days and the longest about 4 weeks.

It may well be worth the extra to pay for something like UPS/Fed Ex Next day delivery but then you are always faced with possible delays in customs/excise anyway.

Cliff
Wright Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Wright Flyer
Old Jul 04, 2003, 12:25 PM
Colonial Heights, Virginia, USA
Joined Mar 2001
1,710 Posts
Or if NASA would do their version of the "Pivoting Arm Catapult" (see that topic) and get the re-entry issues fixed up, much quicker......... kw
KillerWatt is offline Find More Posts by KillerWatt
Old Jul 04, 2003, 01:34 PM
Sweden
Joined May 2003
25 Posts
customs probably have got hold of it but then they will send u a note to pick upp your stuff and pay the tax on it...
Scrapbuilder is offline Find More Posts by Scrapbuilder