SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by rubberboots, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 06:30 PM
Edmonton
Joined May 2010
52 Posts
Discussion
Update on Trojan and Super Cub LP

I have upgraded the motor mount for the T-28 to an aluminum one by CustomRCParts. The stock plastic one worked ok with a 10X7MAS but when I was testing out an 11X6 a hard vibration destroyed the mount and a cowl (the prop hit it). Rather than pissing around with another plastic mount I upgraded to the aluminum one and it works fantastic. My Turnigy 35-36C is now swinging an 11X6MAS and it is even more ridiculous than the 10X7. I think I'll pick up an 11X7 just to see what happens.

I also built a Super Cub from parts using a CustomRCParts turnigy mount,some extra servos, motor (Turnigy 35-30C), eflight 30A esc, and an ar500 that I had lying around for my very own super charged Super Cub. I power it with the same batteries as my T-28 and use a 10X7 to make the plane really zip. Unlimited vertical until its out of sight. I am temporarily using fishing line as struts until I get a carbon fiber rod installed. Over the winter I plan on installing ailerons, removing dihedral, adding a carbon fiber rod, and chopping the wings.

This will be my "relaxing" plane when I need a break from the T-28. It is lighter than stock, and flies like a donkey (but not as much of a donkey as the stock LP) but I'm hoping once I get ailerons installed it will be a bit more fun.
rubberboots is offline Find More Posts by rubberboots
to remove ads between posts