SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Scott Seidler, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 04:11 PM
Jack's Kid
USA, NJ, Kinnelon
Joined Aug 2006
663 Posts
Alert
theMONSTR's VULTURE 3.5m is BUILT and READY FOR TESTING!

Lets see if the weather holds - if so the 2m and the Vulture F3j/TD 3.5 will have their FIRST TEST FLIGHTS!!!!

If all goes well we are that much closer to an intro sale!

Here are the teaser pics!

Here us the other pertinent info you all want to know............

AUW = 78-oz (plus or minus depending on final nose weight)
Wing Area = 7.75 sq-ft
Wing Loading = 10.1 oz/sq-ft

We can shave a little weight off if we change some servos. I chose Hyperion Metal Gear DS-16 servos for flaps and ruddervators - I should have probably went with the DS13's.... They are rated at 100 ounces/inch and would have been fine and saved approximately 1.5 ounces. This is also with a 2100mah Nimh.

Will report on final weight after the trimming...

Stay tuned!

-Scott
Scott Seidler is offline Find More Posts by Scott Seidler
Last edited by Scott Seidler; Sep 13, 2010 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Added more info!
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2010, 05:37 AM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Sep 2008
2,511 Posts
WOOO HOOoooo Looks smokin Scott.
AlpineDSacro is offline Find More Posts by AlpineDSacro
Old Sep 14, 2010, 06:26 PM
Jack's Kid
USA, NJ, Kinnelon
Joined Aug 2006
663 Posts
OK so the MVM Vulture came out great! Fantasic build job by my friend Mark from WeathershipTD - thanks Mark!
He set it up well - and we tested the radio and did a hand launch but we have issues with the receiver and how to stop and re-group. In the mean time he also had the 2 Meter done - also damn good job!
No radio issues here and we got some high start launches in ridiculously heavy winds (from 10-15) and that light little plane did GREAT! Very impressive - really solid wing - handles like a DLG and pops up in lift very plainly.
That ones ready to go in my opinion and Ill start taking pre-orders on a special intro sale on that shortly.
A few pics attached and a couple of short vids later on when i get them downloaded.

-Scott

Video of the Mini MONSTR on landing:
video-2010-09-14-12-30-50 (0 min 14 sec)

Video of the very first Mini MONSTR launch - that flapping sound was the parachute on the highstart in the 15mph wind!
video-2010-09-14-12-27-18 (1 min 26 sec)
Scott Seidler is offline Find More Posts by Scott Seidler
Last edited by Scott Seidler; Sep 14, 2010 at 09:44 PM.