HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:54 AM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,481 Posts
New Product
Banana Hobby 70mm Twin A-10

Since I've taken so many pictures, I'll post them here! This is the new 70mm Twin A-10 coming soon to Banana Hobby and it is freakin awesome!

The aircraft was not flown at the Big Jolt event but should be in the air soon. Pete literally built it the day before the event. I'll let him give you guys more info when he gets on here.

I'm a Big Hawg fan so this aircraft got a lot of my attention. I took plenty of photos. Each day I would load and unload it from the truck. It was my baby!

Here's the first batch of images!

Best,
Tony
xplaneguy is offline Find More Posts by xplaneguy
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by xplaneguy; Sep 13, 2010 at 03:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:58 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,504 Posts
Looks awesome, wonder if any other vendors will have it?
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Sep 13, 2010, 12:06 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,481 Posts
More pics!

Here's some more images!

Regards,
Tony
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by xplaneguy; Sep 13, 2010 at 01:31 PM. Reason: More pics added
Old Sep 13, 2010, 02:04 PM
Checking CG is for NERDS!
Joined Jun 2005
5,347 Posts

Wow!! There are some really elaborate Foam EDFs coming out these days!! If I can issue one nitpick right off the bat: I think some grey servo covers would go a long way though.

Lookig forward to the flight video, Pete!!
Smokescreen38 is offline Find More Posts by Smokescreen38
Old Sep 13, 2010, 03:34 PM
Stay thirsty my friends.
Tosev 3
Joined Feb 2003
1,034 Posts
Pete needs to hurry up and get these ASAP! I don't care what I gotta sell; I am buying this one. I hope we can pre-order it. And I hope I can get airframe only.

I will prob disable some features. That is just my preference.
DR. JOY is online now Find More Posts by DR. JOY
Old Sep 13, 2010, 03:38 PM
Some Girls r Bigger thn Others
USA, UT, Cedar Hills
Joined Jun 2010
1,262 Posts
Tony,
WOW, it is big and beautiful!! How tall is Evelyn? My boys like me to compare height of people in the photos to themselves.

Do you know any other scheme's it will come in?

Thanks!

-swps
swps is online now Find More Posts by swps
Old Sep 13, 2010, 03:54 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,481 Posts
swps- I like your YF-23 Avatar!

Evelyn is probably 4' 10". I remember one scheme was desert but I can't recall if the other was green. I can only hope. I supported Euro Green A-10's in England during the early 90's. I follow up with Pete.

Best,
Tony
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 13, 2010, 03:59 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,751 Posts
i know ev is small, but damn, that thing looks big!!!! very nice. only thing missing is scale sized tires/struts. its got the rest!!!
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Sep 13, 2010, 04:11 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
i know ev is small, but damn, that thing looks big!!!! very nice. only thing missing is scale sized tires/struts. its got the rest!!!
Brent-This Hawg is one BIG foamy! I carried it multiple times throughout the weekend and it's size is impressive. Evelyn had all to do to hold it still for the pictures. She loves taking pictures with these planes but some of them are a little heavy for her, not to mention..some are samples, lots of care is taken not to damage them.

I hear ya on the struts and tires. I will not be flying mine off the lakebed!

Best,
Tony
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 13, 2010, 04:26 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,481 Posts
Brent-Here's another shot of Evelyn holding the A-10.

Best,
Tony
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 13, 2010, 04:42 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
xplaneguy, you and Evelyn are the best! Thanks for helping out so much this weekend! I am way feeling yucky and I will post more about the A-10 when I can. Thanks again!

Regards,

Pete
banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby
Old Sep 13, 2010, 05:22 PM
Some Girls r Bigger thn Others
USA, UT, Cedar Hills
Joined Jun 2010
1,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplaneguy View Post
Brent-Here's another shot of Evelyn holding the A-10.

Best,
Tony
My boys just went nuts!! My 9 year old is 4' 11 1/2" and my 7 year old is 4' 8" and they want me to get this plane, especially after seeing her hold it! I've also got a 5' 6" 11 year old boy and a 4" 5 year old boy, so I can do all sorts of comparisons! They can relate to holding the large planes, but I don't have one this big....yet!

I really hope it comes in Green!! Always been my favorite color scheme. My wife talked me into the desert camo on the 50" one and I still wish I would have gone green. Not that I'm complaining, it looks fantastic in the air and is one of my favorite planes to fly.

I love the YF-23, boy did I want that plane to win out on the ATF competition. Boy was that a long time ago. I really wish there was a good foamy out there of it, but all the threads I've read on the custom built ones, it sounds like a handful. So, until someone get's one out, it's just sitting on my list of airframes I'll buy in a heart beat if someone will release them.

-swps
swps is online now Find More Posts by swps
Old Sep 13, 2010, 06:34 PM
Live to fly
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,554 Posts
So is this a 6S bird too?
bighead93 is offline Find More Posts by bighead93
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCX racer
Old Sep 13, 2010, 09:27 PM
Were..is..my..Super..Suit ..
United States, NE, Papillion
Joined Sep 2009
2,510 Posts
It probably uses the same setup as the mig and f22 so yes it will be a 6cell setup.

And do you think the wings will be able to be taken off during transport becuase that thing has a huge wingspan.

j3tman,
j3tman is offline Find More Posts by j3tman
Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:32 PM
tom
USA, LA, Natchitoches
Joined Apr 2004
1,587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swps View Post
My boys just went nuts!! My 9 year old is 4' 11 1/2" and my 7 year old is 4' 8" and they want me to get this plane, especially after seeing her hold it! I've also got a 5' 6" 11 year old boy and a 4" 5 year old boy, so I can do all sorts of comparisons! They can relate to holding the large planes, but I don't have one this big....yet!

I really hope it comes in Green!! Always been my favorite color scheme. My wife talked me into the desert camo on the 50" one and I still wish I would have gone green. Not that I'm complaining, it looks fantastic in the air and is one of my favorite planes to fly.

I love the YF-23, boy did I want that plane to win out on the ATF competition. Boy was that a long time ago. I really wish there was a good foamy out there of it, but all the threads I've read on the custom built ones, it sounds like a handful. So, until someone get's one out, it's just sitting on my list of airframes I'll buy in a heart beat if someone will release them.

-swps
"and a 4" 5 year old boy, so I can do all sorts of comparisons!"
tomme21 is offline Find More Posts by tomme21