HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 20, 2010, 12:37 PM
ITALY
Joined Sep 2004
928 Posts
wildcat

This is my wildcat with 6mm direct drive motor.I use on it 50mah lipoly.The hinge-actuator have feedback to neutral position with small magnet.
On this airplane i have used tissue printed with ink-jet printers.
Ivan2280 is offline Find More Posts by Ivan2280
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2010, 06:09 PM
Norfolk, England
Joined Sep 2001
7,644 Posts
Stan,
Glad you like what I'm doing, no doubt there will be more.

Ivan,
That looks really nice. Any idea of final weight?

Pete
PETERRAKE is online now Find More Posts by PETERRAKE
Old Oct 21, 2010, 03:28 AM
ITALY
Joined Sep 2004
928 Posts
Pete i have completed it,the final weigh with 70 mah lipoly is 9g.I have to order some 40mah lipoly now.I have tested it in my room and it fly at low throttle.I have to complete the tx module and i can test it outdoor and make a video for you.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 08:17 AM
Norfolk, England
Joined Sep 2001
7,644 Posts
Ivan,
I look forward to your video. Although, you've really upset me with the weight of your model. Tissue covering, probably heavier foam, heavier motor and bigger battery and it still comes out just 3.5 grams heavier than mine. There ought to be a law against it. A nice job my friend.

Here's the next one, for anyone interested, a SPAD XIII. Although I show all these individually, I actually have them arranged to make better use of the foam. It just means that I need to print the SPAD, Dr1 and N28 at the same time. That way I get 3 models to 2 sheets of Durobatics. I'll get to them all eventually anyway, so it's no hardship to have the parts ready cut. As the earlier models become frayed around the edges I'll strip them and use the gear in a new model - assuming I get it out intact.

Pete
Old Oct 23, 2010, 08:49 AM
trying to catch Mr. FrSky... It flyes
Joined Jan 2005
1,023 Posts
Very nice design

I have micro gear for sale here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4#post16362377
splitpilot is offline Find More Posts by splitpilot
Old Oct 25, 2010, 08:13 AM
Norfolk, England
Joined Sep 2001
7,644 Posts
Oh well, sorry guys but here's another one. I think there must be something adictive about drawing up these little models. This one is a little later period than most, the Grumman F3F-3.

Pete
Old Oct 25, 2010, 08:45 AM
ITALY
Joined Sep 2004
928 Posts
fokker e3

Hello Pete thanks again!
Can you make a fokker E3 eventually full fuse?
Old Oct 29, 2010, 07:34 PM
Norfolk, England
Joined Sep 2001
7,644 Posts
Ivan,
I think there are more than enough paper plane Eindeckers out there for what you need. I doubt I could get one light enough for the hall we use.

Anyway, here's another couple of Classroom Fighter style designs. A Morane Saulnier L that is really just a reworking of something I drew up ages ago and a different, and somewhat refined, N11. Same size as the other one, just a different scheme and with strut and u/c parts.

I'm working on the Dr1 and N28 and have been using the strut parts, with 0.5 mm carbon rod trapped between the halves for the struts. It seems to be working fairly well. I glue it to one half, use a steel rule to press it into the foam and then add the other half and weight it down while the glue dries. A bit heavier than simple carbon rod, but looks so much better.

Pete
Old Oct 30, 2010, 08:08 AM
Norfolk, England
Joined Sep 2001
7,644 Posts
I thought some working drawings might prove useful for the last two designs. If you'd like similar for the others, just say so. I can't promise instant drawings, but I'll try to get them sorted out. It's really only wing position and u/c length that you need, so they're hardly needed for the Waco and Wildcat. As for the Dr1, I intend to use the lower wing, i/p struts and middle wing as my assembly jig. I'll fit those parts to the fuselage, glue on the top wing and make the c/s struts to fit.

There's so little comment here, do you want more or am I wasting my time posting the designs? I'm happy to keep posting, but not if I'm the only one building them. I'd sooner be drawing new ones to build.

Pete
Old Oct 30, 2010, 09:17 AM
Argentina, Corrientes
Joined Jan 2009
305 Posts
great job!! Congrats!
Do you have any video??
AMARILLO1978 is offline Find More Posts by AMARILLO1978
Old Oct 31, 2010, 04:07 PM
Norfolk, England
Joined Sep 2001
7,644 Posts
Sorry, I can't do videos.

Took the Wildcat, N11, Waco and DVII flying again today. A bit of a frustrating day really. The Waco N11 and DVII performed well but the Wildcat point blank refused to co-operate before the prop adapter broke
The Nieuport and DVII both flew figure eight circuits with no problems but the Waco needs more space than out venue allows. Probably because I'm still flying it with the incorrect, too small lower wings.
The day was frustrating because I managed to break all four prop adapters within two hours, so flying ended early. The Waco and DVII were good, but the Nieuport is definitely my favourite. Because it has a bigger prop than the others, a Micro Invent job, there's more power available. It flies figure eights with ease and can really be thrown around in quite tight, wingtip standing turns. It looks good and is great fun to fly. The only problem is playing dodge the helicopter.

I have enough spare adapters to repair the biplanes and will invest in more of the larger props. However, there has to be a better way to mount them. Something you don't just have to look at hard to break it.

The N28, SPAD and Dr1 construction is progressing nicely and, lacking gear, they'll get build before the gear is fitted.
As it currently stands, still needing a tailplane and u/c, the Dr1 airframe is a highly acceptable 2.7 grams.

Pete
Old Oct 31, 2010, 09:58 PM
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
Joined Dec 2007
374 Posts
Hello Pete,

You have my thanks for all the plans you have posted here. All are just great! I've been quietly saving them, and hoping to find the time to build some in the future.

My only request- mabe a few pilot figures to fill the cockpits.

Do keep up the excellent work
shagrug is offline Find More Posts by shagrug
Old Oct 31, 2010, 10:38 PM
Moderador.
guadalajara, jalisco, mexico
Joined Sep 2002
9,234 Posts
Peter, thanks for share your work, really is a very nice attitude I am thinking since 1 week or more to make an Dr.1 with silverlit palm Z receiver...and Voila!!!!! you shared one...well...2 of them

Cheers and keep the good work.

Al

PD... how about an Airco DH2?
Alfredo Rubio is offline Find More Posts by Alfredo Rubio
Old Nov 01, 2010, 04:37 AM
Norfolk, England
Joined Sep 2001
7,644 Posts
shagrug,
You've echoed my own thoughts about pilots. I'll sort out a sheet of paper pilots to suit the models. Likely to all be the same pilot, but scaled and coloured to suit.

Al,
You are most welcome, I hope you'll post some photos.

I keep looking at the DH2, then wondering how I'd route any wiring/pushrod past that pusher prop. It may be a good one for Silverlit Stingray (Havoc?) gear. Be a pig to balance though.

Pete
Old Nov 01, 2010, 09:57 AM
Fly, dangit!!!
Little Rock, AR USA
Joined Jan 2007
1,050 Posts
Pete - I've been quietly enjoying these and stashing them all away for a nice winter build. I do have some extra gear, but haven't had a chance to put it all together. Luckily, I do have several sheets of Durobatics too. I may have to do one with a 6mm DD setup, similar to Ivan's Wildcat.

Anyway, I do appreciate you for posting up these. It's so nice to see folks so freely share their work!

J. B.
Led Zepplin is offline Find More Posts by Led Zepplin