Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 04, 2001, 03:05 PM
Pampigny, Switzerland
Joined Oct 2001
412 Posts
Multiplex Cockpit MM Question / Throtle

I just finished my trainer - the Wingo and I am running it throughout the livingroom (missing few feet for takeof ). There is this strange thing. The motor kicks in only after the throtle stick traveled almost half way from the idle position. I have the Cockpit MM and set the IDLE to be at the bottom of the range. I am running 9.6V 500AR pack through the JETI 18 ESC. It's not a big deal - I am just wondering if I get all the power out of the Speed 400.

What could be the problem - is it the JETI 18 ESC (probably overkill for the Wingo) or is it that the Cockpit is not calibrated. I added some switches recently and the manual is describing this calibration procedure (I tried it but it seems I might be not doing it right). Anyone out there can help a newbie.

Thanks,
Radek Z is offline Find More Posts by Radek Z
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2001, 07:11 PM
ARE
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Joined Jul 2001
133 Posts
Check your ESC instructions, you'll probably need to program it.. I had the same problem with one of my ESC, a brief read trhough of the instructions fixed my problem....
ARE is offline Find More Posts by ARE
Old Oct 05, 2001, 05:07 AM
SJ
Denmark EKCH
Joined Apr 2001
1,457 Posts
Have you just bought your Cockpitt MM?

If so then you have to calibrate the input sticks so that the have full travel.

Itīs in the Menu->Setup->ADJ

Itīs described in the manuel somewhere.......

SJ
SJ is online now Find More Posts by SJ
Old Oct 05, 2001, 10:44 AM
ARE
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Joined Jul 2001
133 Posts
MY Cockpit MM had the throttle travel factory adjusted for 100%. Its V1.2. Now it might have been done by the distributor ?
ARE is offline Find More Posts by ARE
Old Oct 11, 2001, 12:41 AM
Pampigny, Switzerland
Joined Oct 2001
412 Posts
Yes, it was the ESC. I did not have the instructions for the JETI 18. The people from Jeti Model were good and send me an e-copy of all their ESC instructions. Reading that made me to realize that what I thought was a piezo beeper in the ESC is a variable resistor which I had to adjust to adjust the strart points of the motor. This is a feature of thei non-microprocessor ESC's. The ESC's with microprocessor (then number ends with 0 - like ESC 250) will do that on their own. Well, I learn something new every day.

Thanks for tips everyone.

Radek
Radek Z is offline Find More Posts by Radek Z