HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Sep 12, 2010, 07:43 AM
Joined Aug 2010
9 Posts
Help!
Eagle Tree OSD Pro, No Aileron Output

Just purchased OSDPro kit for my Wot 4 electric,

However, Ive come across a problem whilst wiring up and cant seem to find a solution. Think I might have a faulty unit..

Im no stranger to electronics or model plane so its not like i have something plugged in upside down.

The issue is as follows, everything is working fine, video link, OSD, menu selection with Aux1,2

But there is no movement on the ailerons, the elevator works fine, as does throttle.

Switching on the Servo display I can see the OSD is receiving servo input from the receiver for the ailerons, and by-passing the OSD and plugging ailerons directly into the receiver and all works fine.

As a test I plugged the ailerons (both receiver and output to servo) onto the elevator osd input/output and get movement fine.

Putting the elevator receiver/servo on the osd aileron and nothing.

I can only assume there is a fault with the unit with no Aileron output.?

Help, please...
i-dru is offline Find More Posts by i-dru
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2010, 12:32 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi, sorry to hear about the issue . If everything is wired correctly, I think we'll need to check the unit here. Could you please open a ticket with us at http://ticket.eagletreesystems.com and link to this thread? We'll get it checked out quickly once we get it.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 15, 2010, 02:53 PM
Joined Aug 2010
9 Posts
Many thanks, will do
Old Oct 14, 2010, 03:13 PM
Joined Aug 2010
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
Hi, sorry to hear about the issue . If everything is wired correctly, I think we'll need to check the unit here. Could you please open a ticket with us at http://ticket.eagletreesystems.com and link to this thread? We'll get it checked out quickly once we get it.
Billpa,

Wondering if you can give an update on the ticket submitted, I know you said there had been a delay in the engineers being able to look at the fault.

But its been 1 month since raising the ticket and with everything else ready in my plane, waiting for this replacement faulty unit is becoming a little frustrating.

I hope to hear from you soon.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 02:08 AM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi i-Dru, really sorry for delay. I believe your replacement shipped today. We had run out of them but just got them back in.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 15, 2010, 12:38 PM
Joined Aug 2010
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
Hi i-Dru, really sorry for delay. I believe your replacement shipped today. We had run out of them but just got them back in.
Thanks for the update, that was the same explaination you gave 2 weeks ago.

I know you have updated the status of the ticket and I appreciate this, I look forwards to receiving the post.

I dont want this to seem like a moaning post about ET, the customer services has been good, just not great, simply based on the fact I have had to keep chasing for updates.
Old Nov 01, 2010, 05:12 PM
Joined Aug 2010
9 Posts
Thought it only fair to post a final, thanks message.

A replacement OSD Pro was received from ET support in the post and everything is working as expected.
Closed Thread