SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 11, 2010, 06:37 AM
Joined Jun 2010
35 Posts
Video
PZ P-51 with Deluxe Tiny Brite Lights & Retracts

Here is a video of my P-51 with home made retracts (seen in another video) and deluxe tiny bright lites.

The tiny brights are great, and you can turn on separate lights proportional to a channel. I have mine set so that one of the white lights is the rear nav, and comes on with the red/green navs and strobe. I used channel 6, and set it so that triggering it only turns on the "nav and strobe", but not the landing lights

The other two white lights I used as landing lights, and I used gear "mix" to activate those. The gear switch only turns on the landing lights when the nav lights are on also. Turn off the nav lights, and the gear switch does not activate the landing lights. The gear switch mix is set low, so it cannot turn on the nav lights alone.

I posted a vid.

The lights really do help! I fly a lot in the early AM before sunrise. The nav lights are useful, and the landing lights help with minor wing corrections on final!

Eric
Old Bay is offline Find More Posts by Old Bay
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2010, 07:46 AM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,901 Posts
Very nice, any flight videos with the retracts and lights?
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Sep 11, 2010, 07:50 AM
Joined Jun 2010
35 Posts
Sorry, I actually don't have the ability to take flight videos yet! I need a visor camera, and rather than buy one, I spend my money on retracts and lights!

I would say the lights are great up until "late twilight", then they lose their effect. The ambient light just becomes too powerful.

Eric
Old Bay is offline Find More Posts by Old Bay
Old Sep 11, 2010, 01:22 PM
United Kingdom, Birmingham
Joined Jul 2010
86 Posts
TinyBrite Lights

I would just like to say that I have also installed the TINYBRITE LIGHTS navigation set to My PZ micro P51 and they look amazing at dusk, unfortunatley after I installed them the red nav light packed up after a short while, so I emailed them to find if they had spares available and they posted a brand new set free of charge with their apologies,which I recieved today all the way to the UK. One of the best companys I have had the pleasure to do business with.
Ian
straycatuk is offline Find More Posts by straycatuk
Old Sep 11, 2010, 06:46 PM
United States, MI, Macomb
Joined Nov 2003
244 Posts
I Like It
pecor is offline Find More Posts by pecor
Old Sep 12, 2010, 12:00 PM
AMA # 951515
USA, NY, Old Forge
Joined Nov 2009